Ant Infestation

leisurely

:o:D:D:D Can any one suggest how to rid our flat of ants. Small annoying little buggers that nip. I had assumed I was being got by mosquitoes but then realised that there weren't any indoors. Currently our kitchen and one of the bedrooms are the most badly affected. Obviously we don't leave food out and make sure that there are no crumbs on the floors and worktops etc. The small green traps (where the ants take food back to the queen) are useless as is the chalk stuff you put on the floor. The maintainance man from the flats comes monthly to spray something around the doors but they are increasing to a ridiculous level now.

Any advice gratefully received.

If you see them coming out or going in a small hole int he walls, rub a bar of hand soap over it to block it.

We got rid of ours by using small fluorescent green ant traps we bought at Tesco, they eat the small yellow food pellets in it and also bring them back to the nest as well, killing the whole bunch.

I was lucky with the small green traps too - but it probably depends on what kind of ants you are dealing with. In addition I used one of those long nosed/nossle ant sprays - track them back to the hive, and then blast their tiny little asses. Cheers!