Basic Rules From The Immigation Web Page Beware People With Wp

Thailand Immigration : Basic Rules pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png

Thailand Immigration: Basic Rules

This is simply a reminder of some of the basic rules which are commonly broken in Thailand and which Thai Immigration takes a dim view of. The first is covered in Section 37, which states that if you have been granted a temporary stay in Thailand, you are not permitted to take up employment without apply for a Thai Work Permit. The second part of the basic rules is that you have to inform Thai Immigration where you reside at all times. Should you move to a new address, you have to notify Thai Immigration within 24 hours of the move. The rules and penalties are follows:

• You will not engage in employment with permission - being having a work permit. Should you take up employment with a work permit and are caught, you are are liable to a penalty of imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and/or a fine of 10,000 Baht. You might also face deportation

• You must provide the correct address to Thai Immigration when you are in Thailand. The address at which you reside must be the same as the one you gave to immigration. Failing to do this will result in a penalty to a maximum of 5,000 Baht or 200 Baht a day for everyday until your notification has been corrected.

• Should you move from your current address which Thai Immigration has, you have to report your change of address within 24 hours or face a penalty fo 200 Baht a day for every day until it is corrected.

• Should you stay in Thailand for 90 days, you have to report to Immigration. If you fail to do your 90 day reporting, the penalty is a maximum fine of 5,000 Baht or 200 baht a day until it has been corrected.

To be brief, these would more likely than not be the rules most often broken by foreigners in Thailand. Some of the penalties may appear light; however breaking these basic rules would not look good on your record should you apply for either Thai Permanent Residence or a Long Stay Visa.

WORKING OF ALIEN ACT,

B.E. 2551 (2008)

Section 51.

"A foreigner who engages in work without having the work permit for it shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of not exceeding 5 years or to a fine from THB 2,000 to 100,000 or both."

Edited by PoorSucker

WORKING OF ALIEN ACT,

B.E. 2551 (2008)

Section 51.

"A foreigner who engages in work without having the work permit for it shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of not exceeding 5 years or to a fine from THB 2,000 to 100,000 or both."

That what I thought..thanks...thought they seemed a bit low

BTW what is meant by a "Long Stay Visa"...the PR bit I get, but long stay visa, typically people on WP's are on 1 year extensions or visa's anyway...anything longer than 1 year..?

come on I actually got this from Thai immigation site and i posted to lighten up a bit Please Read Should you take up employment WITH a work permit

Amazing how people dont read!!!!!!!!!!

And its quite obviously a typo, which is not uncommon with Thai web sites....so why did you post this...what are you trying to prove ?

Rather Trollish

The usual Xenophobia.

Having obtained a Settlement Visa in the UK.

Here are the People that the Settlement person do not have to contact, or will not be contacted by them.

Home Office.......... NO contact required

UK Border Agency NO contact required

Police.................... NO contact required

Paperwork/Forms NONE

Immigration check in NONE

You may be having a joke but, My point is: How much further is this Beurocratic nonsense of Thailand Visas going?people will believe anything because of their present Immigration rules

• Like 1

come on I actually got this from Thai immigation site and i posted to lighten up a bit Please Read Should you take up employment WITH a work permit

Amazing how people dont read!!!!!!!!!!

And its quite obviously a typo, which is not uncommon with Thai web sites....so why did you post this...what are you trying to prove ?

Rather Trollish

Wow you are very defensive I meant it as a joke not as a troll and iam not going to prove anything to you I find your comments very childish

The usual Xenophobia.

Here are the People that the Settlement person do not have to contact, or will not be contacted by them.

Paperwork/Forms NONE

You may be having a joke but, My point is: How much further is this Beurocratic nonsense of Thailand Visas going?people will believe anything because of their present Immigration rules

Thank you for your comment I must agree with you 100% Now I think people belive what is put on a forum is gospel I find a lot of poster on here do !!!! this is entertaiment not to be taken serious if people belive what is put on here well they need to get out more Edited by Sand Dancer

There is a Nigerian selling clothes at the front of a large well known condo in Bangna and in the market at the side of the Nation tower newspaper building for the past five years. No work permit and 100% illegal. Immigration have never done anything to stop him, even though I am told they have been alerted to him undertaking work reserved for a Thai. In theory it's a big deal, in practice nobody seems to care.

The usual Xenophobia.

Paperwork/Forms NONE

Never heard of a Thai settlement visa, so you can not compare. seem to remember that certain persons in the UK on other long stay visas had to report to police their current address.

Not enforced, but the UK does not have real immigration police, much the pity, but a bunch of paper pushing Immigration officers. Jim

The usual Xenophobia.

Paperwork/Forms NONE

Never heard of a Thai settlement visa, so you can not compare. seem to remember that certain persons in the UK on other long stay visas had to report to police their current address.

Not enforced, but the UK does not have real immigration police, much the pity, but a bunch of paper pushing Immigration officers. Jim

I didnt claim it was a Thai Settlement Visa,I said:"a Settlement Visa in the UK" It was mean't to compare with Thai Visas, and the over the top method in which they keep tabs on everyone, as if they were criminals,who can't be trusted.

The usual Xenophobia.

Paperwork/Forms NONE

I didnt claim it was a Thai Settlement Visa,I said:"a Settlement Visa in the UK" It was mean't to compare with Thai Visas, and the over the top method in which they keep tabs on everyone, as if they were criminals,who can't be trusted.

I am new here But I belive there are a lot of poster on here that can not read or do not understand or is it just lazy people or know it all or people who just dont check ???????