72-Year-Old Briton Found Dead In Chon Buri, Police Suspect He Was Killed

webfact

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

The tragedy is him having a baby at 69 years old.

Hey that's hitting too close to home. I didn't start the middle age fathers club, but am a proud member, besides they recently found out our old sperm has something that makes the kids we bear live longer, check your stats, we don't all shoot blanks ya know. Could you have an envy issue?
  • Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is weird. People are saying that respect for the feelings of the family should be shown. By all accounts his family are Thai and his child is 3 years old...I don't think that they will be on here reading this thread. It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true. Why was he naked? Why was there blood on the 3rd floor and he was found on the 1st floor? How did the American get in? Did the man open the door naked or did he open the door with his clothes on and then get naked once the guy was there? Was this American a lover?

If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement...

What is more unusual is the fact that he decided to have kids. We are way beyond the mid life crisis stage, here. It would lead me to question the wisdom and moral compass of such a person...The relationship is acceptable in this day and age, two consenting adults with their own motivations should be allowed to pursue their own dersires...why have children?

As far as this man is concerned, he had 66 years of experience under his belt and still decided to marry a 27 year old woman...He clearly did not read this forum...

People on here have the right to offer their sympathies for a life lost but, let's not ignore the facts...If this murder is going to be solved by the police, they will need to know the man himself.

The facts are: 72 year old retired estate agent, married someone young enough to be his grand daughter, has a child of his own that is young enough to be his great great grand daughter, divorced his grand daughter and found naked beaten in his own house, with no signs of forced entry and has been known to be 'friendly' with another male. It took 3 days for him to be discovered, so clearly, after 6 years has not managed to acquire a group of concerned friends...

Save you sympathies for people who actually wake up in the morning, live a life that is honest and just, surround themselves by people that they genuinely love and love them back. If we live our lives making bad, selfish, childish, hedonistic, egotistical decisions we should expect, at some point, for it to bite us in the ass...He had a good run..

It's all too weird. On the other hand, it's quite possible that he was the nicest and purest man on earth who just happened to move to Thailand, marry his grand daughter, father his great great grand child and get mixed up with a crazy American boxer, if that is the case I stand corrected...

• Like 2

what a story, the police only believes ( ?????????????????) he was killed

no, it was a suicide, off course

Give the police a chance, mate. They accept there was a struggle. Let them do what they need to do and hope for a just outcome.

• Like 1

As a retired law enforcement investigator, these reports always sound crazy to me. So many questions, and such poor reporting......Wife tried to contact in there own home? Problems with a boxer? How old the boxer? Husband more than twice the age of wife!!!! I will not say what I think of this case on here due to the simple fact, that If we all had a half of brain......solved. I would look at the wife and her maybe boyfriend..... Of course far be it for a murder investigator to know what most likely to happen from poor reporting. I love living here but ...dam_n.

Then don't forget that it is standard police practice to release the minimum amount of information until a perp has been arrested and charges have been laid.

Edited by Nigel1500
  • Like 1

what a story, the police only believes ( ?????????????????) he was killed

no, it was a suicide, off course

Give the police a chance, mate. They accept there was a struggle. Let them do what they need to do and hope for a just outcome.

It does say "Police believed he was killed two days earlier." The "believed" apparently referred to the "2 days earlier."

The line "suspect he was killed" was provided by whoever wrote the TV headline.

Most of these reports get mangled by the reporter, mangled by the translator and hyped by TV.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

This is weird. People are saying that respect for the feelings of the family should be shown. By all accounts his family are Thai and his child is 3 years old...I don't think that they will be on here reading this thread. It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true. Why was he naked? Why was there blood on the 3rd floor and he was found on the 1st floor? How did the American get in? Did the man open the door naked or did he open the door with his clothes on and then get naked once the guy was there? Was this American a lover?

If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement...

What is more unusual is the fact that he decided to have kids. We are way beyond the mid life crisis stage, here. It would lead me to question the wisdom and moral compass of such a person...The relationship is acceptable in this day and age, two consenting adults with their own motivations should be allowed to pursue their own dersires...why have children?

As far as this man is concerned, he had 66 years of experience under his belt and still decided to marry a 27 year old woman...He clearly did not read this forum...

People on here have the right to offer their sympathies for a life lost but, let's not ignore the facts...If this murder is going to be solved by the police, they will need to know the man himself.

The facts are: 72 year old retired estate agent, married someone young enough to be his grand daughter, has a child of his own that is young enough to be his great great grand daughter, divorced his grand daughter and found naked beaten in his own house, with no signs of forced entry and has been known to be 'friendly' with another male. It took 3 days for him to be discovered, so clearly, after 6 years has not managed to acquire a group of concerned friends...

Save you sympathies for people who actually wake up in the morning, live a life that is honest and just, surround themselves by people that they genuinely love and love them back. If we live our lives making bad, selfish, childish, hedonistic, egotistical decisions we should expect, at some point, for it to bite us in the ass...He had a good run..

It's all too weird. On the other hand, it's quite possible that he was the nicest and purest man on earth who just happened to move to Thailand, marry his grand daughter, father his great great grand child and get mixed up with a crazy American boxer, if that is the case I stand corrected...

Your post is just unbelievable. What prerogative do you have to analyse and pass judgement on the deceased life.

Actually I am glad dob wrote this, saved me the bother, conveys everything I am thinking and would have posted.

What moral compass is suspect here if a man decides to have a baby at 69 ? Your arguments betray myopia.

"It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true." Oh yeah ? Did you feel this way after 9/11 or PanAm or Munich, or whenever you read news of an accidental death ?

"If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement..." How contradictory can you get ! What is your standard of "unusual?" One such marriage in a million ? Or one in thousand ? Or one in hundred ? Whatever it is that alone is judgemental. You contradict yourself.

You post so much unabashed drivel.

• Like 1

An American “friend” is now being sought by Police in connection with the death which Police suspect may be murder. The body of Mr. David Farrell aged 72 was discovered on the ground floor of his house located at The Cottages Estate by his former Thai Wife, Khun Goranit aged 33 who was concerned that she was unable to contact her Husband for three days.

I'd say it's sad that somebody got killed leaving a child in THIS world. All speculations about his death are pretty much worthless now.

A former wife was concerned about her husband. Just try to find Alan, who could be from Mars. Mate, rest in peace. Hope your kid will have a better life.-wai.gif

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

The tragedy is him having a baby at 69 years old.

It's a normal bar girl type trap, even at 69. Should've stayed in that position!

As a retired law enforcement investigator, these reports always sound crazy to me. So many questions, and such poor reporting......Wife tried to contact in there own home? Problems with a boxer? How old the boxer? Husband more than twice the age of wife!!!! I will not say what I think of this case on here due to the simple fact, that If we all had a half of brain......solved. I would look at the wife and her maybe boyfriend..... Of course far be it for a murder investigator to know what most likely to happen from poor reporting. I love living here but ...dam_n.

Then don't forget that it is standard police practice to release the minimum amount of information until a perp has been arrested and charges have been laid.

Really? Are you sure about that? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were such an expert on the topic...guess I just need to shut up? By the way...what Law enforcement agency did you retire from or where did you teach Criminal Justice? Just Curious...I know many folks on here would love to know, and hear from someone with such vast knowledge.

Absolutely tragic. Very sad news, indeed.

Most of the threads here are about Thai vs farang violence. Yet in all my years in and around the Kingdom, I have witnessed FAR more farang vs farang violence. And given some of the less-than-scrupulous characters I've encountered who use Thailand as something of a hideaway from Western authorities, acts of violence like this are not surprising, yet nevertheless tragic.

It amazes me that people seem to think that violence is something that only happens in the Kingdom. Do you ever read the news from the rest of the World??? You can go anywhere and get a dish-full of grief if you look for it, and no, that comment is not related to this tragic death. It is about all the sadly predictable bitching and moaning we have to endure every-time someone White dies, and at the same time listen to "they deserved it" if they are not.

Here, this just happened last week 20 Km from the home I left to live here.

Think about it.

James Holmes killed 12 people and wounded 58 during a Batman film premiere on July 20 in Colorado, USA.

That's right ladies...he walked into a theater with several assault rifles, handguns ...etc...and leveled the place. If I were to simply draw a circle around any major American city, and make it the same size as the Kingdom, my fingers would be bleeding from typing, to keep up with the daily mayhem there. Don'y like the Kingdom? Fine...Move to Oakland California, NY NY, Washington DC, and the list goes on...but before you do, respect your loved ones, and complete your last will and testament first.

• Like 1