72-Year-Old Briton Found Dead In Chon Buri, Police Suspect He Was Killed

webfact

David was a very nice man who had many friends, none of whom have ever heard of an American boxer. It is a cock and bull story, an attempt to cover up what really happened. Sadly it will probably work, and the perpetrator will get away with this murder, gain financially, and live happily ever after. He is not the first, and certainly won't be the last! Sadly for many people here, their fate is sealed as soon as they make a will.

Funny this is as I was reading through this thread I thought exactly the same thing. Now you have confirmed it.

Wife left three months before ...and starts pointing the finger at some imaginary farang...familar story here with many farangs who die....girlfriend and wife are never around at the time but turn up a bit later all distraught and upset.....

to me..this is blanantly obvious.....separated for 3 months, estranged wife is playing hide the sausage with the with the mysterious American, deceased and estranged wife in the house either he is confronting her about the American, or one party want reconcilation, maybe sex takes place, arguement/fight breaks out, she batters him with the wine bottle or bottles, she leaves...he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and expires,

Blimey, you've got a fertile imagination, i will give you that! Sounds like the plot of a bad novel! There is no American boxer, mysterious or otherwise. It's all about the money, of which he had plenty, and greed. As i said before, he's not the first, and won't be the last victim of this sort of crime here, sadly some people aren't prepared to wait until death by natural causes to get their grubby mitts on the assets.
  • Like 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ฺBit more in the Thai press with pics. The name of the mysterious, so far untraceable American boxer, is given only as 'Alan'. Three days prior to the body being discovered the wife said her husband had phoned her telling her he'd been in an argument with the American.

http://www.dailynews...thailand/146407

http://www.manager.c...D=9550000093733

Sad, just a side not to all that are having a go at the age difference, my Pop and Nana were very MUCH in love and my Mother was the apple of Pops eye and adorded her father, even though he was 37yrs Nanas seniour, <deleted> does age have to do with a realinship, I am 63 so the age diffrence has been around for a few years, well in Aus at least, get over it.....

R.I.P. David

• Like 1

David was a very nice man who had many friends, none of whom have ever heard of an American boxer. It is a cock and bull story, an attempt to cover up what really happened. Sadly it will probably work, and the perpetrator will get away with this murder, gain financially, and live happily ever after. He is not the first, and certainly won't be the last! Sadly for many people here, their fate is sealed as soon as they make a will.

Funny this is as I was reading through this thread I thought exactly the same thing. Now you have confirmed it.

Wife left three months before ...and starts pointing the finger at some imaginary farang...familar story here with many farangs who die....girlfriend and wife are never around at the time but turn up a bit later all distraught and upset.....

to me..this is blanantly obvious.....separated for 3 months, estranged wife is playing hide the sausage with the with the mysterious American, deceased and estranged wife in the house either he is confronting her about the American, or one party want reconcilation, maybe sex takes place, arguement/fight breaks out, she batters him with the wine bottle or bottles, she leaves...he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and expires,

Blimey, you've got a fertile imagination, i will give you that! Sounds like the plot of a bad novel! There is no American boxer, mysterious or otherwise. It's all about the money, of which he had plenty, and greed. As i said before, he's not the first, and won't be the last victim of this sort of crime here, sadly some people aren't prepared to wait until death by natural causes to get their grubby mitts on the assets.

I must say here that the chain of discussion quoted above is quite entertaining. Particularly the bit about wife "pointing the finger at some imaginary farang," and "she batters him with the wine bottle or bottles, she leaves...he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and expires,.."

Or maybe, that concluding line should be amended as : "he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and gets beaten on the head again with wine bottle by wife who returns to make sure her job is done ..."

I must say here that the chain of discussion quoted above is quite entertaining. Particularly the bit about wife "pointing the finger at some imaginary farang," and "she batters him with the wine bottle or bottles, she leaves...he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and expires,.."

Or maybe, that concluding line should be amended as : "he is still alive and crawls down the stairs trying to get help and gets beaten on the head again with wine bottle by wife who returns to make sure her job is done ..."

You can change the concluding line as you wish, why not, everyone is speculating about the circumstances around this this guys demise, including me.....

You can change the concluding line as you wish, why not, everyone is speculating about the circumstances around this this guys demise, including me.....

<deleted> Souty you have been here longer than I, we all know the score.

If I could nip down to my local William Hills shop tomorrow, my money would be on the (wifes) boyfriend, this mysterious American called Alan doesnt exist.

Case closed, next please.

<deleted> Souty you have been here longer than I, we all know the score.

If I could nip down to my local William Hills shop tomorrow, my money would be on the (wifes) boyfriend, this mysterious American called Alan doesnt exist.

Case closed, next please.

Exactly. Although the ex wife is not flavour of the month in Bang Saray, David was very well liked by the close knit farang community there. Everybody who knew him knows that the 'American boxer' story is BS. There is a lot of anger, she would be well advised to keep her head down!

Thailand is a great place to be in, but, unfortunately, it's also dangerous and full of corruption.

People get killed everywhere, not just in Thailand.

And the obligatory apologist.

Please show me one report of a naked millionaire being beaten to death inside his own home from anywhere in the world. I will be waiting with baited breath.

The facts as we know them speak volumes. All one needs to do is follow the money.

Thailand is a great place to be in, but, unfortunately, it's also dangerous and full of corruption.

Please show me one report of a naked millionaire being beaten to death inside his own home from anywhere in the world. I will be waiting with baited breath.

Sorry, I reckon luckyman was right on the money - people die violent deaths in almost every country in the world, on almost every day of the week. Circumstances and motivations may change, and each loss is tragic, but I don't believe events in Thailand are much different to many other countries.

Try 'Google' and look for similar events in either Mexico, the USA, Russia, South Africa or a host of other developing countries. Too many to show you in a few minutes...

• 5 weeks later...

Mystery surrounds millionaire David Farrell's death in Thailand

Millionaire David Farrell changed his will four days before he was found dead in his luxury home in Thailand

A police investigation is currently probing whether 72-year-old David Farrell – who was found naked with bruises on his body – was murdered or the victim of a tragic accident. His daughters, who flew to Thailand to say their final goodbyes to their dad, suspect foul play. Lois and Nikki Farrell are particularly concerned about the changing of the will and said they cannot rest until they get to the bottom of what happened to their dad.

Mr Farrell’s body was discovered in his Pattaya home and he was cremated in a three-day funeral there. His daughters and the Thai police are awaiting the results of a post mortem. But Nikki, said: “We have a British lawyer in Pattaya who is trying to help us get to the bottom of what went on. “The police are swaying towards it being an accident, trying to say he was in bad health, but we have a medical report which says otherwise. Three weeks before his death he had an MoT at Bangkok hospital which gave him a clean bill of heath.

“I spoke to my father on a Wednesday and he was fine. He died on the following Monday. When I spoke to him he was quite worried. He said he had big problems but did not specify what they were.

Continued:

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-news/local-wirral-news/2012/09/01/mystery-surrounds-wirral-millionaire-david-farrell-s-death-in-thailand-100252-31741445/

Liverpool Echo - September 2, 2012

Farang Millionaires should stay far away from Thai ladies. Where ever I will is drawn up, the old man dies leaving everything to his young Thai wife and her new boyfriend. The farangs kid got abandon to the grand parents in the upcountry. The relatives from farangland try to fight the case with the Thai wife.

The court will always stand by the Thai wife, (statistics) and there goes the hard earned money.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

The tragedy is him having a baby at 69 years old.

I think it was his wife that had the baby not him as that would have been very painful.

• Like 1

He leaves a three year old daughter - and therein is the making of an on going tragedy.

The tragedy is him having a baby at 69 years old.

I think it was his wife that had the baby not him as that would have been very painful.

Yes one would suspect it would have played havoc with his piles

• Like 1

We are all living on borrowed time here it's not a question of if but when. It is inevitable our fates are sealed in unnatural circumstances, be cautious, be aware, don't trust anyone.

I'd guess you're an American.

Sigh. Anything to change a topic to Americans and American stuff.

There was blood all the way up the stairs, broken wine bottles scattered about, David obviously put up a fight, he may have been 72 but he was still fit and well built. No mention now of the original cock and bull story from his ex wife about a young American boxer i see. His will changed a short while before the event. And the police are swaying towards it being an accident? Yeah right! A fair wedge will have been promised to the forces of law and order for them to come up with that conclusion. What a travesty.

Changed his will 3 days before his death....police swaying towards an accident....

The sad fact is, that if it was foul play, then the offenders are most likely to get away with it.

Has dodgy written all over it.

This place is dangerous. I would suggest not to trust anybody here. Lock your doors too and get a good personal body guard if you are well off.

He as two daughters at home he could have left all his money to and asked to look after his new thai baby in case something went wrong but he decides to make a will in Thailand ? smart move...

Edited by yoslim

• 1 month later...

This is weird. People are saying that respect for the feelings of the family should be shown. By all accounts his family are Thai and his child is 3 years old...I don't think that they will be on here reading this thread. It's also hard to feel any emotion for the death of someone that we have never met, sad fact, but true. Why was he naked? Why was there blood on the 3rd floor and he was found on the 1st floor? How did the American get in? Did the man open the door naked or did he open the door with his clothes on and then get naked once the guy was there? Was this American a lover?

If we are to be without judgement and just state the facts here, a 66 year old man marrying a 27 year old girl has to be considered unusual. Without judgement...

What is more unusual is the fact that he decided to have kids. We are way beyond the mid life crisis stage, here. It would lead me to question the wisdom and moral compass of such a person...The relationship is acceptable in this day and age, two consenting adults with their own motivations should be allowed to pursue their own dersires...why have children?

As far as this man is concerned, he had 66 years of experience under his belt and still decided to marry a 27 year old woman...He clearly did not read this forum...

People on here have the right to offer their sympathies for a life lost but, let's not ignore the facts...If this murder is going to be solved by the police, they will need to know the man himself.

The facts are: 72 year old retired estate agent, married someone young enough to be his grand daughter, has a child of his own that is young enough to be his great great grand daughter, divorced his grand daughter and found naked beaten in his own house, with no signs of forced entry and has been known to be 'friendly' with another male. It took 3 days for him to be discovered, so clearly, after 6 years has not managed to acquire a group of concerned friends...

Save you sympathies for people who actually wake up in the morning, live a life that is honest and just, surround themselves by people that they genuinely love and love them back. If we live our lives making bad, selfish, childish, hedonistic, egotistical decisions we should expect, at some point, for it to bite us in the ass...He had a good run..

It's all too weird. On the other hand, it's quite possible that he was the nicest and purest man on earth who just happened to move to Thailand, marry his grand daughter, father his great great grand child and get mixed up with a crazy American boxer, if that is the case I stand corrected...

I hope you are prepared to stand corrected on both points. You may find the American had absolutely nothing to do with it it, and was not a muay thai boxer by any stretch of the imagination. That he deeply loved his daughter but was prevented from seeing her, that he did have good friends. That he was divorced, (his wife is pregnant by someone else) but in any case in the divorce settlement she got three cottages, a small apartment block, and a rubber plantation.....and none of this is speculation.

I am saving my sympathy for a man who did wake up in the morning, was surrounded by people who loved him and are fighting for him, and who may not have appreciated the local acting skills of the person who was supposed to love him the most. It will not be the first time. Now please take your ill informed prejudices elsewhere.

• Like 1

He as two daughters at home he could have left all his money to and asked to look after his new thai baby in case something went wrong but he decides to make a will in Thailand ? smart move...

He had two daughters he DiD leave his money to to help look after their baby sister! That may be the proble Sherlock!

• 2 weeks later...

Any mention that he had a wife?

Yes an ex wife 40 years his junior. But the fact that she is ex probably means she wont get a thing.But there is a child too.. maybe she hoped the child would get some money.(speculation of course)

According to the news article they remined in regular contact and will have been on friendly terms.

" The body of Mr. David Farrell aged 72 was discovered on the ground floor of his house located at The Cottages Estate by his former Thai Wife, Khun Goranit aged 33 who was concerned that she was unable to contact her Husband for three days."

Age of course is for me not an item, nor are the uncalled for remarks that are seemingly questioning their relationship. ect.

Robblok

We are familiar with your uncomplimentary views, sarcastic and suggestive comments and while they are not welcome by many in other debates you post them in, they are certainly way out of order here on this tragic thread.

Respect, empathy and understanding should be applied at this time for not only the deceased but those who know him and more importantly his young daughter and her older sisters and any other surviving family / friends.

Hopefully the older siblings will be keep an eye on young one and support her,

May you be in a good place David and RIP

Respectfully posted for your loved ones David and apologies for the unwarranted comments that a very slim minority are posting.

They are not representative of our membership / Thai Visa who will all you can be assured empathise with you at this time.

May you now be in a safe place and RIP

marshbags mellow.png

Edited by marshbags

Check out what Drummond has on his website.

It really is a terrible situation with the perpertrator still not being charged despite an overwhelming amount of evidence against her.

Nothing personal Tolley

At this stage anything reported is pure / only speculation and should be left as such..

Let us also remember he does have loved ones back home and they may well be reading this thread and can do without being further upset by the unwarranted, disrespectful comments.... please

marshbags sad.png

Edited by marshbags

Check out what Drummond has on his website.

It really is a terrible situation with the perpertrator still not being charged despite an overwhelming amount of evidence against her.

Nothing personal Tolley

At this stage anything reported is pure / only speculation and should be left as such..

Let us also remember he does have loved ones back home and they may well be reading this thread and can do without being further upset by the unwarranted, disrespectful comments.... please

marshbags sad.png

I dont think I have posted anything disrespectful whatsoever.

In fact I am sure I am on the same page as those loved ones back home.

• Like 1