Q: Which Supermarket Or Butchers To They Grind Meat To Order?

sonic_11uk

Hi,

Rather than buy the somewhat suspect beef/pork mince in the supermarkets, I'm looking to buy some better cuts and have them grind it for me so I know there are no nasty bits mixed in.

Does anyone know where in Phuket this is available?

I've already tried Big C and Tesco and they look very confused when I've made this request.

Cheers!!!

No flavor without the fat, hoofs, snouts, bums and lips.

Those are my favorite parts! :)

At Villa Market in Chalong you may be able to have this done. But they will look at you funny since there is usually already a tray of freshly ground beef sitting in the refrigerated display.

No flavor without the fat, hoofs, snouts, bums and lips.

Those are my favorite parts! smile.png

At Villa Market in Chalong you may be able to have this done. But they will look at you funny since there is usually already a tray of freshly ground beef sitting in the refrigerated display.

They have two different grades as well. I once tried having them grind some round for me, but a lot got stuck in the grinder. It a large commercial grinder, not suited for just a kilo of your cut. You could alway buy your own grinder or food processor and make your own.

• Like 1

The number of times they grind the meat , can also make the difference in taste.

I kind of remember the blades and grinding hole sizes , makin' a difference too !

Although Villa will grind fresh for you , usually if they don't have ground beef already sitting there.... it makes it easier to get it done; but if you select a roast to grind , you will need to add a cheaper cut with some fat or it will be dry ! The price for USA ground is twice the Thai French GB , but they added extra fat to the Th.French GB....20% is usually best for burgers, its 30% there!

MAKRO might be best chance and price , mix a fatty piece with a knuckle ,sirloin tip or top round. Don't expect English speakers , but in the meat department , there's a girl who kind of understands some....in the display of meat area is where she usually is.

I bought my own grinder, no lips 'n' r-soles for me, the difference is worth the extra expence.
Where did you buy it the only ones i have seen are the commercial type in MakroI would like to buy a small one myself
The 75 company in Phuket town , lots of rest.equip. places in Phuket Gazette Guide ....stay away from cheapo chinese made grinders, clog up too much Edited by BigBillsDeli

I bought my own grinder, no lips 'n' r-soles for me, the difference is worth the extra expence.

Where did you buy it the only ones i have seen are the commercial type in Makro

I would like to buy a small one myself

Supercheap have the small hand mincers

Where did you buy it the only ones i have seen are the commercial type in Makro

I would like to buy a small one myself

Supercheap have the small hand mincers

Thankyou i will see if i can find one next time we are there

I ordered a Kenwood electric grinder from Amazon, could not find anything i liked here in Phuket or it was too expensive.

BTW for burgers i use a 50 / 50 Chuck, sirloin mix, for my taste this is the best and yes i run it though the grinder twice with the medium plate.

Edited by Andyman

Larger markets with meat stalls usually will grind for you to order, eg Banzaan Market in Patong. (Of course, that is if you don't mind the fact that flies have been crawling all over the piece of meat you choose to have ground.)

I ordered a Kenwood electric grinder from Amazon, could not find anything i liked here in Phuket or it was too expensive.

BTW for burgers i use a 50 / 50 Chuck, sirloin mix, for my taste this is the best and yes i run it though the grinder twice with the medium plate.

or service of grinder especially