Cambodian E-Visa Question

Pls tell me: when entering Cambodia with a printed-out e-visa, where do they stamp - into passport or on the printed-out visa? I'm running off the pages in my passport and if they don't stamp there it would be great to save me pages

But I read in other topics that e-visa would save you passport pages, that is why I ask

Yes, because the visa that you would get from the Embassy, or on arrival, is a full page stick in vignette. The e-visa just requires a stamp in your passport, not the full page visa.

I got/used a Cambodian E-Visa traveling from BKK to PP by air a few months ago... It was very convenient and worthwhile.

As for the passport stamps, you'd end up getting four small individual ink stamps for a RT... Thailand out and in, and Cambodia in and out.

At least with E-Visas, the Cambodians don't use the paper full-passport-page stickers... just the normal small ink stamp into your passport, the same as Thai Immigration uses -- the kind that if appropriately placed, can fit 6 per passport page.

I believe they stamp the passport. Otherwise, if you lost the printed e-visa, nobody would know when you had arrived in Cambodia.

This is 100% correct. You will save the full page where the visa would have gone but you still need some space for the entry & exit stamps.

I just returned from Cambodia yesterday, having used an e-visa. I can confirm the above - just two stamps in the passport.

For information, I traveled via the land border at Poi Pet. There is no dedicated e-visa desk at immigration for entry into Cambodia. The immigration hall is small ( just four immigration desks) and only two of the desks were manned. We waited more than an hour to be dealt with. Similarly, on return across the border into Thailand, only three immigration desks ( for foreign passports) were manned, and it took even longer to be dealt with.

I have used this service every 2 weeks since mid June this year (2 stamps Cambodia +2 Thai), until my last time, where I had to get a full page visa (stapled in to passport), I went to Poi Pet. I have never had any probs waiting to get into Cambodia and have never waited more than 10-15 mins and the same coming out of Cambodia. Getting into Thailand has always been a longer wait but if you go early, I mean real early, I get the 1st bus there from BKK 03:30 @ Mochit gets me there about 07:30 and I catch the next bus back to BKK @ 10:00.

I just returned from Cambodia yesterday, having used an e-visa. I can confirm the above - just two stamps in the passport.

For information, I traveled via the land border at Poi Pet. There is no dedicated e-visa desk at immigration for entry into Cambodia. The immigration hall is small ( just four immigration desks) and only two of the desks were manned. We waited more than an hour to be dealt with. Similarly, on return across the border into Thailand, only three immigration desks ( for foreign passports) were manned, and it took even longer to be dealt with.

Hm, my experience at the Poi Pet border is that is was pretty quick every time.