Looking For A Reliable Accountant/Lawyer For Business Start Up - Please Help...

Deeperdiver

The most popular seems to be Somjet at Phuket Visa and Accounting. I know several people that have used him. Not the cheapest but very established on the island. http://phuketdir.com/pktvisaccount/ It's not cheap though. I happen to have my notes sitting here from when I went in there a while back to check it out. 16,000B for a Non-B (Inlcudes trip to Penang) and 20,000B per year for WP. and 5000B per month "tax". Then you have the option of doing 90 day visa runs at 5500B ea. or 20,000B for yearly extensions, no visa runs. Using the second option, re-entry permits are 1300B per entry or 4100B unlimited for the year. Best thing to do is pop in to every law office you see advertising for WP and ask them the cost. That was my next step but one of my employers since offered to get me a WP.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

one you should stay away from is a Lady name joy in Patong.She is some threads here on the forum i think,totaly dont know what she doing.Forget imoporten paperwork,doing wrong with licenses etc,STAY AWAY.

• Like 2

I've used this company for eight years:

Prohmthep Accounting Co., Ltd.

108/26 Chaloem Pharakiat

R.9 By-Pass Road, Moo 5,

T. Rassada, Muang Phuket 83000 Thailand

Tel. 076 262 105-7

Fax. 076 262 108

Email <removed>

Edited by LivinginKata
email removed as per forum rules
  • Like 1

The most popular seems to be Somjet at Phuket Visa and Accounting. I know several people that have used him. Not the cheapest but very established on the island. http://phuketdir.com/pktvisaccount/ It's not cheap though. I happen to have my notes sitting here from when I went in there a while back to check it out. 16,000B for a Non-B (Inlcudes trip to Penang) and 20,000B per year for WP. and 5000B per month "tax". Then you have the option of doing 90 day visa runs at 5500B ea. or 20,000B for yearly extensions, no visa runs. Using the second option, re-entry permits are 1300B per entry or 4100B unlimited for the year. Best thing to do is pop in to every law office you see advertising for WP and ask them the cost. That was my next step but one of my employers since offered to get me a WP.

"most popular seems to be"...?biggrin.png ...never heard of that place but such they probably as competent at that as they get here...good luck!

"most popular seems to be"...?biggrin.png ...never heard of that place but such they probably as competent at that as they get here...good luck!

With diving instructors he is quite popular. But there have also been quite a few of them that got burned by Somjet, make sure he does everything above board.

I have first hand experience with both the lawyers mentioned here. I started of using Joy on Nanai road. She cost me a fortune. Her fees are rediculous. She also lies about absolutely everything, this ends up costing you even more money. She seems to just make fees up. Im not going to explain the whole story on here but basically stay away!! She's a con artist!

Then to Somjet. After working with Joy, Somjet seems to be like a dream! I still work with him now. Well worth a visit...

• 1 month later...

Mr. Somjet? He said my company would be registered in 7 days. Now it's been 30 days after I payed his services - no company, no news, nothing! I've called him 4 times, visited the office 2 times, and everything that I heard - 'maybe tomorrow...'. &lt;deleted&gt;? How long should I wait?

With diving instructors he is quite popular. But there have also been quite a few of them that got burned by Somjet, make sure he does everything above board.

Because he 'provides' the company for the wp, on a 5000 Baht (some years ago) monthly fee. Include tax and social. You don't even have to do the tax refund, in the end of the year. He will giggle.gif It's the so called 'freelance work permit'.

I still have a picture, taken in his office, some years ago: "Only Passourt for Visa run, new price, 3500 Baht".

( http://picturepush.com/public/10418401 )

There is almost nothing, that Somjet would call 'impossible'. He in one of the guys, you can call as "he has connections".

That can make it difficult, in the end!

Because he 'provides' the company for the wp, on a 5000 Baht (some years ago) monthly fee. Include tax and social. You don't even have to do the tax refund, in the end of the year. He will giggle.gif It's the so called 'freelance work permit'.

I still have a picture, taken in his office, some years ago: "Only Passourt for Visa run, new price, 3500 Baht".

There is almost nothing, that Somjet would call 'impossible'. He in one of the guys, you can call as "he has connections".

The problem is that at the moment, with TAT and insurance requirements, it becomes more and more difficult for instructors to start their own company. I think Somjet's business is doing very well at the moment.

bably as competent at that as they get here...good luck!

The problem is that at the moment, with TAT and insurance requirements, it becomes more and more difficult for instructors to start their own company. I think Somjet's business is doing very well at the moment.

You can place a bet on that!

Another option, for dive instructors, for a wp but no company, can be "white and blue". Don't know, how many dive instructors they support with a wp, but asking may help, to find that out.

You can place a bet on that!

Another option, for dive instructors, for a wp but no company, can be "white and blue". Don't know, how many dive instructors they support with a wp, but asking may help, to find that out.

They don't exist any more, well, only in name.

Thanks for the reminder BTW, need to contact him.

Ah yes, those were the days. IIRC the opening bid, b/4 photo, was 1500 baht. At that time it was about twice the going rate of an an " accompanied " visa run. A very popular " service. "

I think the scam unravelled when a non friendly imm. officer at the border possibly missed his share and 50 or so punters were left up sh1t creek with no passport. ( and some in their pants as well ! ) Somjet no doubt sorted it out, seemingly he seems to have that ability.

Ah yes, those were the days. IIRC the opening bid, b/4 photo, was 1500 baht. At that time it was about twice the going rate of an an " accompanied " visa run. A very popular " service. "

I think the scam unravelled when a non friendly imm. officer at the border possibly missed his share and 50 or so punters were left up sh1t creek with no passport. ( and some in their pants as well ! ) Somjet no doubt sorted it out, seemingly he seems to have that ability.

Rumour has it that the Sadao Border Stamp many were receiving at that time was unfortunately extremely distinctive - Thai Immigration discovered that the 4 digit number repeated all the way around the outside of this particular stamp was never actually used by Sadao!

This caused qute a rumble at the time with many 'Visa Runners' 'losing' their passports to get away from that incriminating stamp.