Bars Closed In Pattaya This Thurs (Aug 2Nd) ?

jibberjabberjibberjabber

Closed Thurs 2 Aug and Fri 3 Aug.

Thurs is a big Buddha day, and Fri is start of Buddhist Lent.

Confirmed. Just asked my local 7/11 and they are not selling Alcohol tomorrow and Friday.

So if people can't live without beer for 2 days, now is the time to stock up wink.png

Ask 7-11 and you will get the legal answer. They are an international company and they strictly follow Thailand law to the letter. I think the poster wants to know about those shops that do things descretly. Sometimes you can find them, sometimes you can't. In Bangkok there is always a place or 2 that sells with the shades down. I don't know about Pattaya and would like to hear from the locals as well.

Ask 7-11 and you will get the legal answer. They are an international company and they strictly follow Thailand law to the letter. I think the poster wants to know about those shops that do things descretly. Sometimes you can find them, sometimes you can't. In Bangkok there is always a place or 2 that sells with the shades down. I don't know about Pattaya and would like to hear from the locals as well.

Hundreds of bars and shops that will still serve you, just with no music and low lights, potentially from a coffe mug also! If you want a drink during the day just head to a beach out of the city, where you generally would not know there is a booze ban on at all.

I am working in China for another week where they don't have such nonsense, despite being a predominantly Buddhist country. I will miss the 2 days off work though......

9.30PM Thursday and I have just purchased 2 cans of Cheers Xtra at my local 7/11. "No problem" said the friendly cashier "but cannot scan". I guess they take the cash, put it aside until after the Buddha Drought and then somehow balance the books. This really is a crazy country!

Not my local franchisee '7', they sell booze to me between 2 and 5 all the time.