True Traceroute Blocking

BBall

Can anyone tell me whether True has instituted traceroute blocking. For the past few weeks I am unable to get a full trace, irregardless of what program I use. The traceroute times out for all hops beyond the true servers. It generally ends at 203.144.144.6, static.asianet.co.th . I have no problems reaching other servers when browsing. Previously, I was always able to see the full path. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks very much

Can anyone tell me whether True has instituted traceroute blocking. For the past few weeks I am unable to get a full trace, irregardless of what program I use. The traceroute times out for all hops beyond the true servers. It generally ends at 203.144.144.6, static.asianet.co.th . I have no problems reaching other servers when browsing. Previously, I was always able to see the full path. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks very much

Same pbm ... You still can make traceroute using @true2m instead of @truehisp but you have to pay

/ hour if u use this method. I believe too many ppl send complaint to them using traceroute and they

blocked it to be free to tell you whatever they want :

- CAT Fault

- Rain

You get the idea...

Both CAT and TRUE lack of transparancy, when something goes wrong you ll never know and have to

find it out by yourself. The traceroute was a great tools for that now you have to wait they fix it.

A forum a real status page and a network event page would be great. Everybody has flaws and

the first step to improve is to realize you can have flaws...

Thanks very much for the input. I agree that they have probably instituted it to prevent users from seeing where the real problems are. It was a great tool to have since when traceroute clearly told you it was a CAT problem, you didn't have to waste time calling True. Joey Boy, Could you please let me know how you can change the traceroute protocol to make it a ICMP echo request.. Saw mention of that elsewhere but it was not clear on how to actually go about setting it up. Thanks again for all the help.

Joey Boy, Could you please let me know how you can change the traceroute protocol to make it a ICMP echo request.

There will be plenty of software out there which uses proper ICMP ping echo-requests, rather than UDP with a increasing TTL to elicit an ICMP time-exceeded response.

From a command prompt however try

pathping ***.***.***.***

:o

Edited by Joey Boy