Riding A Ridge Line

Tonto21

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read through from start to so far...was great to see others getting out and smashing the trails. I am now in Ubon after living in the North for 2 years.

I will try to find some trails here but the going is flat with a chance of flat.

Keep up the good work :D

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Pony Canyon climb gets us up to a remote ridge with single track all the way back to the Pai road. The climb is beautiful, but it is just the start for a fast and curvy ridge run back to civilization. Pony Canyon is fun to downhill as well, but you miss all the scenery on the way as you have to concentrate on trail. Here are some more photos of the climb. Once we hit the fast single track I put the camera away.

Update on Pony Canyon. Three of the ponys up there have had foals. Very cute to see them prancing around their mothers. Didn't see a soul in the forest which was damp from the morning's drizzle.

8716209010_c4dd8625ed.jpg8715090623_26e1324087_z.jpg

VF... We've had it quite cool the past few days with overcast weather and occasional showers. Rainy season is here but the woods are still pretty dry overall. This thread seems pretty quiet so I wonder how many have exited Thailand for the season. Tonto21 is somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico laying pipe.

Having lived here so long, I sometimes forget that others live seasonal lives when it comes to Thailand. As for weather we have had some big storms in the evening but during the day it has been very hot. Lost our biggest tree to the wind the other evening.

I didn’t ride at all for 6 weeks, then 1week, another week and then tuesday and thursday. Getting stronger but my two biggest hills have reduced me to walking. On one loop I have a 1 km climb with a 5 km downhill on the other side. Yesterday was a 2 km climb to a favorite reservoir in the middle of 47 km ride. I am completely gone today but the sky was really clear yesterday.smile.png

Lake%2520%2520001.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2