Gall Blader Cancer

gdk

My wife as been diagoset to have cancer at the gall blader dukt she had a ct-scan, then a RMI scan after this the doctor cannot see it good on the scan so they send us to Bankok at Wattanosoth hospital to have a PET scan then back at Bangkok Pattaya hospitla for a Biopsy whit the resilt was cancer at the first stage.

So we asked to remove the gall blader repons from the dokter was, its to dangrous to do have to go to Bangkok Chula hospital for the job because it was too risky and the change to succes to smal, so whe asked for Chemo terapie the doctor aswer was, the medicine they have is not too good.

My question is what else to do.

I contacted my docor in Belgium, no aswer yet (its holiday time in my country)

I contacted the universy hospital in Leuven until now also no answer

GDK

Had my Gall Bladder removed in Kuwait about 2 years ago, no big deal,pretty routine operation, Don't understand why your doctor seems to think this is a state of the art operation.You might want to get a second opinion from a doctor in a different hospital.

Lefty

Removing the gall bladder under normal conditions is of course not hard but the tumor may extend beyond it, greatly ciomplicating matters. You need to be at a specialized cancer center, which you will not find in Pattaya. Cancer the gallbladder is unusually common in Thailand so there is expertise in country, in fact possibly more than in Belgium as regards this particular malignancy.

I suggest you consult Dr. Pradermchai Kongkam at Bumrungrad Hospital. He is a professor at Chulalonghorn so if due to cost you need to switch to a government hospital he may be able to advise/expedite. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evenings 5 - 8 PM and Saturdays 1 - 5 PM.

Or, could also consult Dr. Veerakit Apiratprachasin at Bumrungrad.(Monday - Saturday mornings and some afternoons).

Don't delay and bring all test results, scans, films etc with you to avoid unnecessary repeat tests.