Ftp Speeds True Lower Sukhumvit Pegged?

nocturn

I usually get a full 30 mbps on multi threaded downloads, but cant seem to get any more than a flat 8mbps today. this is to my server in the netherlands.

Anyone else in the soi 11 area or lower sukhumvit having speed issues today on downloads?

I'm on Asoke with an 8Mbps line and the best I am getting now is around 40KBps. It went out early this morning with a very dramatic drop in speed.

Plus I have been having very long load delays on most web sites today too.

I'm on Asoke with an 8Mbps line and the best I am getting now is around 40KBps. It went out early this morning with a very dramatic drop in speed.

Plus I have been having very long load delays on most web sites today too.

thanks same here. crawling now, web surfing is viable, but downloading forget it. im luck if i get 2mbps now.

so much for a quiet day vegetating with an entire season of battlestar galactica.

Me too! I'm on Lower Sukhumvit and for the last two days my download speeds have been abysmal! Web pages take up to a minute to load!!

Anybody have an explanation for this?

True really are dreadful.....but still probably better than the alternatives......

Just to add: normally on the 7MBps down service I get 0.8-1.3MBps downloads from US servers. Its now at 0.22 MBps!!!

Edited by partington

Something has happened.

itunes store streaming or downloading 128KB/s max and nntp downloads about 600KB/s

both of these prior to yesterday would max out my true 16MB dsl at 1.8MB/s-2MB/s previously.

Spoke to support nothing wrong... suprise suprise

speeds have improved, but are still all over the map for me.

I have been trying to bring down around 100 gb worth of stuff over the last 3 days and my speed has ranged from 4 to 33mbps, more frequently on the 4 side.

it was coming down at 25 an hour ago and now it sits around 15, seems to be improving, but slowly.