Pataya Bars Where Are The Girls From ?

Surin steve

Fair point above post but the fact is that life isn't that hard anymore noone go's short of food anymore in isaan

I think it has been a very very long time since anyone did go hungry in Isaan, food is not an issue, money is.

Buriram has been one of the poorest areas of Thailand for some considerable time.

Add the two things together.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it all boils down to is would you let your daughter go sell her body for the sakes of the latest T.V or nice new motorbike

Uh-huh. Here we go..

You've got an agenda, don't you? Quelle surprise! rolleyes.gif

What have you sold your body (labour) for? Brains, brawn, or breasts makes no never-mind...to me.

Edited by bobbin

Try to stand back a little. I have seen whole families sitting at home in a hovel, absolutely no attempt to improve their conditions apart from buying beer and a TV with the proceeds of the daughter's earnings. Or losing the earnings on cards.

I have seen a charming young girl turned in a few years into a hardened prozie by the actions of some horrible expat farter that just saw her as a source of jollies.

Easy to judge when you haven't been there...

Similar to what Surin Steve says, I would have become a communist fighter if I had been born in S. America 30 years ago, and so would any red blooded male ... woops going way off topic...

• Like 1

I guess a woman from Loei or northern Isaan might find it just as easy and profitable to travel to Chang Mai, the same way a Buriram, Si Sa Ket, or Surin prostitute will travel to pattaya.

The thing is these economic migrant workers often move around the tourist resorts - a few months in pattaya, a spell in Bangkok, a week in phuket etc etc.

Scam artists need to keep moving.

Question what about the beer bars in Chang mai are there isaan girls working there I've never been to Chang mai

Yes, but I don't do the bar scene so I can't quantify the percentages, just from what I see driving down the single bar street I'd guess it's the same as or slightly less than the other tourist locations, 75% ish.

Don't know if it's still the same but way down on the Thai Malay border a place called Padang bahsa there was a kind of no mans land packed with bars and brothels they where all Chang mai Chang rai girls with alot of northern hill tribe girls Karen meew and Aka probably to cater for the Malay men who like there girls White skinned

It's twenty odd years since I've been down there so it might have all changed now

As others have said, 90% of the girls come from Issan and in order:

Udon Thani

Khon Kaen

Buri ram

Nong Khai

Narkorn Ratchasima

the rest are from the serveral other towns, Surin, Kalasin etc.....

Noticed a few more than usual from Bangkok this year......

What it all boils down to is would you let your daughter go sell her body for the sakes of the latest T.V or nice new motorbike

There lies the problem, many are sent by their parents at a very early age...Pattaya will of course have many from Northern parts of Thailand, just as Hat Yai has from the South...

My experience is that bar girls will go to work in the area closest to where they come from hence Pattaya has mostly girls from Issan. The exception to this rule seems to be where a girl doesn't want to be recognised and her family made aware of what sheis up to, then she will work somewhere more remote from her home. Typically however Thai women will not travel long distances unless they have someone to go with them or they know someone at their destination, otherwise it becomes too dangerous for them.

My experience is that bar girls will go to work in the area closest to where they come from hence Pattaya has mostly girls from Issan. The exception to this rule seems to be where a girl doesn't want to be recognised and her family made aware of what sheis up to, then she will work somewhere more remote from her home. Typically however Thai women will not travel long distances unless they have someone to go with them or they know someone at their destination, otherwise it becomes too dangerous for them.

Yeah, Pattaya is close to Isaan??? laugh.png

Yeah, Pattaya is close to Isaan??? laugh.png

I think it's fairly safe to say that Pattaya is closer to southern Isaan, Buriram/Surin/Sisiket etc, than say Chiang Mai or Phuket. BTW I said "closest", not that it is close.

Edited by chiang mai

I think that having someone go with them and/or having friend(s) they know at their destination is a very impottant point.

Edited by Rimmer
Extra quote removed

How can Tak be central Thailand it Borders Burma to the west

What about all the hill tribes in the north they must be poorer than the average essan farmer

I don't think there is a region called West is there, all I know is my wife is from Sukhothai which is regarded as Central Region and Tak is the turn right whereas Sukhothai is the turn left smile.png . I agree however that Tak is bodered with Myanmar, others more geographically knowledgable precise might know.

As for the hill tribe areas: I used to think that all the hill tribe areas were really poor but after visiting a few of them I no longer think that, there's a huge ammount of cross border trade that takes place and Mai Sai is a hive of traders and it seems to me there's a lot of concealed money there, dunno for sure but am certain it's not poverty stricken.

Tak does border with Burma. The area in which the Province is in is just called North Thailand. I stay in the Mae Sot area, which is close to many of the Hill Tribes. I have never witnessed any poverty amongst them. Only my observations.