Cinema'S Like Fridges...Why

rocky123

Went to watch the Batman movie tonight at the Avenue with my gf. We were chilled to the bone when we came out. I asked to speak to the manager to question the logic but was passed from one usher to the next then to the popcorn sellers before my gf interveened and found a person than would listen. They laughed together, as they do, and he said "have to keep the film cold" thank god I found that out. Next time will make sure I have the full Artic atire, cant have the movie warming up can we..??????

• Like 1

Well, if you ever go watch a Thai movie the temperature in the cinema is much balmier. I guess the Thai film is more acclimatised!

buy the more expensive seats and you will get a blanket, problem solved

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

It's pretty much always been this way and it always will be. As usual in Thailand, asking why and complaining are useless. Didn't you know? So you just have to be prepared w/ light jacket or at least long-sleeve shirt and undershirt.

Often the sound can be too loud as well, so you also need to carry earplugs. Carrying earplugs at all times here is a good idea, BTW. Surprising how often they come in handy.

• Like 1

It's pretty much always been this way and it always will be. As usual in Thailand, asking why and complaining are useless. Didn't you know? So you just have to be prepared w/ light jacket or at least long-sleeve shirt and undershirt.

Often the sound can be too loud as well, so you also need to carry earplugs. Carrying earplugs at all times here is a good idea, BTW. Surprising how often they come in handy.

A lot of good Thai advice in just a few lines. Bravo!

Earplugs are on me at all times. Indispensable in most massage shops. If blindfolded, you wouldn't know if you were in a massage shop or kindergarten.

Earplugs are on me at all times. Indispensable in most massage shops. If blindfolded, you wouldn't know if you were in a massage shop or kindergarten.

I'm guessing from your name you're female as males go to massage shops for services you wouldn't expect in a kindergarten.

I'm guessing from your name you're female as males go to massage shops for services you wouldn't expect in a kindergarten.

So what?

I noticed the last few times i've been to the cinema at The Avenue that I've not needed the jacket I brought as the temperature was OK.

At RGP and the original Central Plaza I always had to wear a jacket.

The temperature does vary from one cinema to the next at the Avenue. #8 is quite warm compared to the others.

I was there 2 days ago to watch a 2 hour long movie and was quite comfortable in shorts and a light polo - in cinema #2. My wife always brings a jumper and socks but she feels cold at 25 - 26C.

checked the thermometer once

and it read around 20!!!

personally anything under 27 and at about 25 IMHO is cold and unnecessary in most places

and the temps in cinemas are set for LARGE CROWDS

there was a lady working at avenue

who gave me grief when i complained it was cold

sigh

checked the thermometer once

and it read around 20!!!

personally anything under 27 and at about 25 IMHO is cold and unnecessary in most places

and the temps in cinemas are set for LARGE CROWDS

there was a lady working at avenue

who gave me grief when i complained it was cold

sigh

It's not surprising. You can't expect them to adjust the temperature settings to please everyone. I love the cool temperatures in the cinemas. It's easier to stay warm by putting on some clothing than cool down if it's too hot.

One time it was hot in there and I asked them to check the aircon. They didn't give me grief because they knew there was something wrong.

i wonder what they pay for their juice if anything at all

corporations may pay considerably less than individuals

in fact they may be encouraged to over use

would it not make sense to find a middle temperature

why should we have to bring extra CLOTHS with us when it is hot outside

never mind rant over

better to adapt than to ever expect anyone else to change

disclosure: same issue in the west too

no sense making sense when there is no sense

Edited by deejah

never mind rant over

I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. I was in Cinema 8 from 10:30pm until 12:30am on Wednesday night. I was comfortable wearing a tank top and shorts. I get through a lot of movies wearing the same. The air conditioning is definitely set warmer than it used to be when the centre first opened. Same at Central - used to be a lot colder.

Anyway, there is no way that any cinema is anywhere near 21C.

never mind rant over

I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. I was in Cinema 8 from 10:30pm until 12:30am on Wednesday night. I was comfortable wearing a tank top and shorts. I get through a lot of movies wearing the same. The air conditioning is definitely set warmer than it used to be when the centre first opened. Same at Central - used to be a lot colder.

Anyway, there is no way that any cinema is anywhere near 21C.

you are right

it is small potatoes

but yes i saw the thermometer on the theater wall and it read 20 degrees no shit Sherlock

maybe it was broken and more like 15 wink.png

The cinemas in Thailand are to cold, end of discussion wink.png I have been to many cinemas and I always think after looking at some movie, why didn't I bring some extra clothes tongue.png

What do you mean by "end of discussion"? I've been to plenty of movies where I'm comfortable wearing a tank top and shorts. At the very most a t-shirt and shorts will do. Where were you born - in the tropics?

My wife always brings some warm clothes. It's not difficult and then you can stop complaining as others enjoy the cooler temperatures and it's a lot easier to get warm than cool down if it is too hot.

Another consideration is that these cinemas would deteriorate rapidly if they weren't kept cool at low humidity. There's no fresh air coming in and hot, humid conditions would soon allow mold to grow and destroy the carpeted surfaces on the walls and floor - making them putrid and smelly inside.

Of course they could always build the cinemas like they do in the Philippines - like concrete canyons with no carpet - and extremely bad acoustics. Then you would start complaining about the sound quality. I appreciate the quality interiors of cinemas here. Better to find something else to complain about.

Edited by tropo