Is True Internet Connection Always On-And-Off ?

duiter

Sound like you have a funky physical line connection/line leading to your apartment. I'm on a True cable 20Mb plan and it's rock solid. As mentioned earlier you may want to check your SNR, download speed, and upload speed metrics in your modem settings....if the SNR is around 10-12db that is the ballpark where the connection can drop in and out.

Any details available re: your network?

Do you have DSL? A telephone? A router? A True Online account/plan? Or just WiFi? What do you mean by "on and off". ;) Do you have a PC/ MAC?

Without a lot more details one can merely answer your two questions:

No, and

Who knows

if it's ADSL you have to check the value of your line, SNR needs to be 10 minimum to get a steady connection.

Reminds me of an issue which came up on a broadband forum (UK) some years back. Even though the guy had had new equipment installed, new cable installed to the node, dozens of people visiting and working on it for months it just wouldn't stabilize. In the end a forum member suggested asking if anyone nearby had an electric fence and one indeed did. When it was turned off for a test the internet worked faultlessly.

Suggest the OP look into the positioning of the cable as it is often installed alongside power cable

• Like 1

Love my cheap TOT intenet. Since replacing 14 year old phone wire in the house, never any problems unless thier are major problems in the area. They always have fixed in a few hours or less after notifying them. Seems more money paid does not give better connections and/or service inThailand.