Is There Thai-"Version" Amazon ?

duiter

I do not know something the same in Thailand.

But I think you should try www.taobao.com. Yes there everything is in Chinese, but on the Internet you will able to find a software that will help you to use one.

I have a lot of friends who make orders there.

According to their opinions, you will able to find everything that you need and more and prices will surprise you.

Good luck.

With best regards

Dmitriy.

Why not ebay. I have had good success as have most posters I have seen here on TV. Alhough a great deal of stuff is shipped from China depending on what you are looking for they ship from the EU and US etc. For me takes about 30 days for delivery. If you shop around on the sight you can get very good deals. Paypal is required but can be funded right off your credit card. Maybe try it for a small order and see if it suits you. The venders in general have been very eager to please.

Edit: Why are you looking for a site soley based out of Thailand. The sales culture in Thailand is perhaps one of the worst I have encountered anywhere in the world.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai
  • Like 1

The big e-commerce sites like Amazon and EBay don't have localised Thai websites like they do for other countries. I suspect the reason is due to the fact that Thai debit and credit cards cannot be used to make purchases online.

On a Thai website that I use to buy video games I have to make the order on their website, then go deposit the money into one of their bank accounts, then email them, then they deliver it. I have a UK credit card but the site is set up for Thai customers, so there's no paypal / credit card option to pay.

• Like 1

The big e-commerce sites like Amazon and EBay don't have localised Thai websites like they do for other countries. I suspect the reason is due to the fact that Thai debit and credit cards cannot be used to make purchases online.

On a Thai website that I use to buy video games I have to make the order on their website, then go deposit the money into one of their bank accounts, then email them, then they deliver it. I have a UK credit card but the site is set up for Thai customers, so there's no paypal / credit card option to pay.

Hi sorry you are wrong,I use both k-bank and BKK-bank debitcard online to buy things,It works perfect.I buy from US,EU, no problem

Of course they can.

And especially by a company operating from Thailand, for the Thai market. How do you suppose Air Asia does business?

• 4 months later...

I am looking for Thai language e-books on line if you have come across such a site in your internet searching. Will help to keep my wife content while we are out of Thailand.

Cheers

http://www.thaivisa....nguage-e-books/

I found this interesting. I have a friend who has discussed developing such a site focused around Thai Language ebooks at www.ThailandeBooks.net - lately we've been doing a fair amount of research as the market is growing quickly for ebooks. We'll see where that goes. Asia books has been slow to jump into this grown market.