Chinese Teenager Kills 8, Injures 5 After Argument With Girlfriend

News_Editor

Chinese teenager kills 8, injures 5 after argument with girlfriend < br />

2012-08-04 05:01:42 GMT+7 (ICT)

YONGLING, CHINA (BNO NEWS) -- A teenager armed with a knife went on a killing spree in northeastern China on late Wednesday, killing eight people and injuring five others before being arrested, local authorities said on Thursday. It happened after he had an argument with his girlfriend.

The incident began at around 9 p.m. local time on Wednesday at a house in Yongling, a township in Xinbin Manchu autonomous county of Liaoning province, when a 17-year-old boy stabbed to death two relatives of his girlfriend after he had an argument with her. It was not immediately clear what the argument was about.

After the first two murders, the teenager fled the scene and randomly attacked pedestrians in the area, killing six more people and injuring five before being arrested. The Chinese tabloid Global Times said one of the injured died on Thursday morning, raising the number of fatalities to nine, but this was not immediately confirmed by authorities.

The attacker, who was only identified by his surname Li, was arrested by police without incident.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-08-04

Hmmm......... could it be that as a result of the one child policy and preference for males, there is now a big imbalance in the ratio of males:females, making girlfriends not only harder to get, but also giving them a higher social status. Reduction in male dominance with girlfriends who refuse to obey orders could certainly lead to feelings of frustration rage, and impotence (aka blue balls).

• Like 2

Hmmm......... could it be that as a result of the one child policy and preference for males, there is now a big imbalance in the ratio of males:females, making girlfriends not only harder to get, but also giving them a higher social status. Reduction in male dominance with girlfriends who refuse to obey orders could certainly lead to feelings of frustration rage, and impotence (aka blue balls).

I am working in China now, from what I understand the one child policy has been scrapped due to swinging demographics. There is also definitely no shortage of women where I am thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I am working in China now, from what I understand the one child policy has been scrapped due to swinging demographics. There is also definitely no shortage of women where I am thumbsup.gif

Those are BOTH good things.

Edited by ChamCham61

China is chuck full of nutty knife owners - some of these nut cases own several and have drawers full of them unlucked at home. A three day waiting period for the purchase of sharp objects or maybe a complete ban would have saved 9 lives? but then someone with a gun could have stopped him.

• Like 2

This has been well documented in the decades following the 1 child law being implemented in China.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/19/china-gender-ratio-women-men

Nutter ! I recall having an argument with my girlfriend back in 1963 and afterwards I was so angry that on the way home I let the air out of someones bicycle tyres. What the hell is wrong with young people these days?

Oh so it was you who let my tyres down in 1963. I remeber saying to myself at the time, how the person responsible should be strung up with piano wire and castrated.

• Like 1

Nutter ! I recall having an argument with my girlfriend back in 1963 and afterwards I was so angry that on the way home I let the air out of someones bicycle tyres. What the hell is wrong with young people these days?

Right. And China is full of bicycles too.

Oh so it was you who let my tyres down in 1963. I remeber saying to myself at the time, how the person responsible should be strung up with piano wire and castrated.

If I had known you felt that strongly about it I would have taken your valves out as well !

China is chuck full of nutty knife owners - some of these nut cases own several and have drawers full of them unlucked at home. A three day waiting period for the purchase of sharp objects or maybe a complete ban would have saved 9 lives? but then someone with a gun could have stopped him.

Of course the nutter with the knife wouldn't have had a gun, only responsible people carry guns in public just in case they come across a teenager with a knife. The death tole would have been much, much higher if access to guns in Chinese society were as easy as it is in some other countries.

Edited by saroq

If I had known you felt that strongly about it I would have taken your valves out as well !

Thank you for the comic relief gentlemen.

There is also definitely no shortage of women where I am thumbsup.gif

Where exactly are you then, mate? partytime2.gif

Yes, where are you? And how much are the lights?

In Tianjin at the moment. Looking forward to getting home for a rest on Wednesday thumbsup.gif

//Edit for spelling

Edited by QED

clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif