Swede Fatally Stabs Thai Girlfriend’S Facebook Friend

webfact

Swede Fatally Stabs Thai GF’s Facebook Friend

sw.jpeg

An apparent love triangle among 18-year-olds resulted in a fatal stabbing in a Sakaew hotel room. The Thai girlfriend of a Swede had befriended a Thai student on Facebook, but the two men battled each other to death when they met.

SAKAEW – August 3, 2012 [PDN]; At the Muang Sakaew police station, Amphur Muang, Sakaew province, police were notified of a killing in the Jantra hotel in Amphur Muang.

Police rushed to the scene and found the body of Mr. Wasan Naseub, 18, a first-year university student in the Information Technology faculty. He was lying in front of the stairs to the hotel with many stab wounds in his body.

Police went to room 10 in the hotel where the stabbing occurred, where they found the suspect, Mr. Jonis Mamood, 18, from Sweden. He was sitting in the room with his girlfriend, Ms. Jeeranan Tathong, age 18.

The neck of Mr. Jonis’ shirt was torn and the room had traces of fighting that had occurred. There were many pools of blood, and a 6-inch knife was lying on the floor. Mr. Jonis confessed that he killed Mr. Wasan but said he did it to protect himself.

Ms. Jeeranan told police that she is from Sakaew province. She had previously followed her mother to live in Sweden, where she became the girlfriend of Mr. Jonis. She said she had recently befriended the stabbing victim, Mr. Wasan, through Facebook, although they had never met in person.

Prior to the incident, she had persuaded Mr. Jonis to travel to her hometown in Sakaew province. Mr. Jonis had been in Sakaew for two days when Ms. Jeeranana contacted Mr. Wasan via Facebook, because she wanted to meet face-to-face with him.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...acebook-friend/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-08-04

footer_n.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perception of Love or Jealousy makes many lose all common sense.....

Yep its far better to just walk away form any woman/man who wants to be with someone else no matter how much you like them, easier said than done and of course w ehave no real facts here and probably never will so speculate away.

What I do like is the nice collection of related stories...........makes u think though

Edited by travelmann
  • Like 2

You can take a Thai girl out of Thailand but you can not take the Thai out of a Thai girl. Interested to know who grabbed the knife first!!!

Irrespective of who grabbed the knife first, the killer is guilty.

There is no question about it.

• Like 2

Well let me add this to the list of reasons I cancelled my FarceBook account, sad story that happened over Silly facebook

Yeah right, blame FB. After all, such tragedies never happened before FB appeared, right? R.I.P. to the deceased. Jai ron is truly a bad thing and bringing a weapon is as well.

• Like 2

The perception of Love or Jealousy makes many lose all common sense.....

True but they are 18 and met in Sweden, sound like a "regular" relationship, maybe things have changes since i was 18 but I remember relationships being fleeting.

You can take a Thai girl out of Thailand but you can not take the Thai out of a Thai girl. Interested to know who grabbed the knife first!!!

Irrespective of who grabbed the knife first, the killer is guilty.

There is no question about it.

Guilty of? Was it self defence..? According to the gf..

"But when they arrived at Mr. Jonis’ room, Mr. Wasan hurried to enter the room and locked the door, and didn’t allow Ms. Jeeranan to enter the room. Ms. Jeeranan heard the noise of quarrelling for approximately 5 minutes. Then Mr. Wasan opened the door with blood all over his body and ran from the room to die in front of the hotel."

Why did the Thai guy do that....indeed more to the story....and although it ended up with one of them dead, there is obviously a lot we don't know.

• Like 2

"Mr. Jonis Mamood, 18, from Sweden"

Typical Swedish namewhistling.gif

T'was tinking the same.

Sounds like this lady liked to get around a bit eh.whistling.gif

The Killer is sure to be found guilty, as rule #1 of Thai law clearly states: If Farang didn't come to Thailand, it would have not happened in the first place, so Farang is responsible for all traffic accident or violent crimes, even when Farang is the victim.

Stabbing somebody in self defense, is only a valid excuse if your alledged attacker is the one who presented the knife. It seems more than likely that the Thai boy could have brought the Knife, and when he tried to use it, he was overpowered. In that case, you could call it self defense, however I seriously doubt Farang killing Thai in self defense is ever going to fly.

Good point

I wonder if the Thai bouht the knife to the party, if so, I would do the same.

Edited by mozzieslapper

Well let me add this to the list of reasons I cancelled my FarceBook account, sad story that happened over Silly facebook

Yeah right, blame FB. After all, such tragedies never happened before FB appeared, right? R.I.P. to the deceased. Jai ron is truly a bad thing and bringing a weapon is as well.

Well here's another true story, just a couple of months ago.

Prathom 2 kids (7 & 8 yrs old) taught by their teacher how to sign up on fb, all details included, age eveything.

Very quickly the girls get direct messages about love and sex from both Thai and foreign men.

Kids show their parents, parents en masse visit the headmistress, an older thai lady who has no real understanding of what social media means. Once she realizes what's happened she's shocked and angry and instantly orders the teacher concerned (about 21 yrs old, also naive) to cancel all these accounts and never do it again.

Teacher thnks it's all unfair because fb is just lovely.

Further, i have one female thai colleague, about 33 yrs old, unattached, she's addicted to fb and 4 or 5 duplicates of the same.

Every detail of her life is available for all to see, home address, tel no., full address and name of employee including the floor no., she works on, copy of personal page of passport, Thai ID card, and a lot more. Car registration no., / photos of car. And about 100 personal photos.

She updates all of these sites every hour or so. During dinner she updates "having dinner right now at the bbb restaurant with Khun ..., and Khun ... etc, on Rama 4 Road alongside the PTT station near intersection of .... . Going home soon because I'm really tired."

She's had many crank messages on her screen including photos of erect male genitalia, some with som without faces, and many crank telephone calls, asking for sex etc.

She's realy addicted, friends plead with her to remove 99% of the details about herslef and to remove the friends photos.

She can't she any problem.

Edited by scorecard

It must have been the brother turned husband. I always wonder, while there are so many lovely girls in Thailand, the average white-nose always seem to think that they are still back in Stockholm, Brussels or London where you only find one suitable lady.

Errrr.. did you bother reading the article? They met in Sweden.

But because Mr. Jonis was bigger and had trained in judo, Mr. Wasan could not attack him. So Mr. Wasan grabbed a 6-inch knife from a table that Mr. Jonis had bought in Pattaya, and tried to stab Mr. Jonis

Mr. Jonis bought the knife for Mr. Wasan. He wanted to kill Mr. Jonis, because he was bigger. His gf brought him to the hotel room to have a sandwich?

May he rest in peace......wink.png