Is The Dream Box Just A Useless Paperweight Now?

jaideeguy

I have two Dreamboxes that have served me well for years and now that True is no longer available and I refuse to upgrade to the 'next generation' , is the dreambox of any use at all for accessing any satelites?? What are my options?? or do I just toss it out??

Yes, I would add to what monty says. The non-HD Dreambbox (i.e., DM-500S) has probably had it's day. The Openbox came along, and is HD capable with equal/less cost. Setup on the Openbox, also being easier. And, accommodating a higher symbol rate.

But, as PattayaParent says, the non-HD Dreambox can still be used to access a lot of satellite content. So, not a complete doorstop as yet. And, a HD capable Dreambox is still in the hunt.

(But, all that said, my two DM-500S have not seen electric current for 1-1/2 years.)

Cheers

The db500 can still be used to access the Thai and knowledge channels on true and no internet or monthly service is required. This makes them perfect for a Thai spouse.

A small true dish can be easily had for cheap. I got one of my neighbor for 500thb. That and the old dreambox and my wife can have tv in the other room where there is no internet.

Edited by Jayman

Vinsat (VTC) has Hbo, Discovery, ESPN, Bbc World,CNN and a few more film channels. I think the picture quality is better than True's. Now my C/S is slowly giving access to K+ , another Vietnamese provider with more foreign channels.

I use the latest Openbox so maybe it is this that gives a better picture quality than True's Samsung box.

At the same time I have a cable Dreambox and with this I can view True`s knowledge package.

I am also using True's box and platinum package on a "gang of 4 basis"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by petedk

Vinsat (VTC) has Hbo, Discovery, ESPN, Bbc World,CNN and a few more film channels. I think the picture quality is better than True's. Now my C/S is slowly giving access to K+ , another Vietnamese provider with more foreign channels.

I use the latest Openbox so maybe it is this that gives a better picture quality than True's Samsung box.

At the same time I have a cable Dreambox and with this I can view True`s knowledge package.

VINSAT is PPV or FTA.. Longitude ??? Cannot get info from google ..just get JCSAT-13..

thx

d

I've got an old Dreambox that was used before with a cable connection... what are my options now? I don't have a Sat dish... to be honest, the option for HBO/Discovery and a few news channels sounds about right for me, can anyone give me simple instructions/advice/help on what i should look into/do for that?

VINSAT is PPV or FTA.. Longitude ??? Cannot get info from google ..just get JCSAT-13..

thx

d

The ones marked F are free to air

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/vtcvina.html

Well if you do not want you dream boxes anymore I can give them a good home

make me an offer.....I have 2 of them and could get another one

500 baht for the 2 or 3 of them

500 ea?? let me think on that?? it seems there may be more options opening up here on this thread that may be doable.

Well if you do not want you dream boxes anymore I can give them a good home

make me an offer.....I have 2 of them and could get another one

500 baht for the 2 or 3 of them

500 ea?? let me think on that?? it seems there may be more options opening up here on this thread that may be doable.

There are always options!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

thx

d

The ones marked F are free to air

http://www.lyngsat.c...es/vtcvina.html

Thx can't believe I could not find that...getting? senile I guess......

Who's selling db500s for 500thb.. PM and I'll take advantage of you your most generous offer.

you can get a new one for 1,100 dm500s

I could get 2 for that price.. aren't you paying attention.

Who's selling db500s for 500thb.. PM and I'll take advantage of you your most generous offer.

1,100 for a brand new one your got a second hand box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aren't you paying attention.

1,100 for a brand new one your got a second hand box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aren't you paying attention.

I'm paying attention.. you are telling me I should pay double for a "paper weight". I would rather have 2 used one than a "NIB" one for double the price.

Hardly a paper weight when Thaicom is not the only satellite up there!

shhh.. I'm trying to buy a couple of these "paper weights" for 500thb each.

Honestly, can still get all the thai and knowledge channels on a db500 with no internet nor monthly fees. Not sure how even that is considered paper weight.. they are certainly worth more than an old TRUE box.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 1

Honestly, can still get all the thai and knowledge channels on a db500 with no internet nor monthly fees. Not sure how even that is considered paper weight.. they are certainly worth more than an old TRUE box.

How odd! you can get the knowledge channels FTA when true charge 340 Baht per month for that package someone woul dbe very silly to pay true any money when it is FTA

How odd! you can get the knowledge channels FTA when true charge 340 Baht per month for that package someone woul dbe very silly to pay true any money when it is FTA

Who said any of the TRUE channels are FTA? Last I checked only the TNN channels are FTA on TRUE

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/truevisions.html