Travel Tips For Patong

gppower

I'm heading to Phuket in March for a 3 week vacation. I'm planning to stay in Patong where the main action is.

I'd like to stay in a hotel at walking distance to where the action is (night life, beach) as I don't ride motorbikes. I'd like a good and silent room with silent A/C and a good bathroom. On the other hand I'm not interested in a hotel pool nor spa facilities nor hotel restaurant as I think I can find all of that in town and it's more fun. I was told that you could find all of that for 700-800 bahts (at least before the tsunami).

Can anyone give me an address? I know that the hotel scene is vast but my requirements and budget should shorten the potential list.

Also I'd like some tips on restaurants for breakfast (english style), lunch and dinner. Nothing gourmet style but good food and generous portions.

Any other tips on anything else are also welcome.

Edited by gppower

I'm heading to Phuket in March for a 3 week vacation. I'm planning to stay in Patong where the main action is.

I'd like to stay in a hotel at walking distance to where the action is (night life, beach) as I don't ride motorbikes. I'd like a good and silent room with silent A/C and a good bathroom. On the other hand I'm not interested in a hotel pool nor spa facilities nor hotel restaurant as I think I can find all of that in town and it's more fun. I was told that you could find all of that for 700-800 bahts (at least before the tsunami).

Can anyone give me an address? I know that the hotel scene is vast but my requirements and budget should shorten the potential list.

Also I'd like some tips on restaurants for breakfast (english style), lunch and dinner. Nothing gourmet style but good food and generous portions.

Any other tips on anything else are also welcome.

My advice is just show up stay at the aloha inn the first 2 nights , till you find something ok . I stayed at Jaxx that is behind the four seasons rest and inn . It was not finished yet so i got a great deal. Just explore and have a great time . There are english breakfast everywhere , try the rio at the end of bangla rd . Say hello to noy and thip for me . John from calfornia ! There are tons of places to stay and eat . you should be able to get a place for that no problem since it is 3 weeks !

check ou thre CNN bunglaow, right at the end of sio Bangla, you can crawl home if needed. :-)

I can recommend the Phuket Palace Resort, large rooms with AC a fantastic pool and very friendly staff, no charge if you bring a guest. http://www.phuketpalace.com/en/main-en.htm

Hi Sonthaya, thank you for the tip. Phuket Palace Resort looks a bit far from the center, though, as unfortunately I don't ride mopeds. Anything closer?

GP

Actually, it's the C&N Hotel, Rat-u-thid Song Roi Pee Road. I wouldn't try crawling home as it is acoss that road from the action in Soi Bangla and the traffic is horrendous. The Phuket Palace is OK, but I would suggest the GEO guesthouse in Soi Sansebai, English run, great food and it is much quieter being just off the main road. Also no charge for bringing a "friend" back to the room.

Good luck.

Actually, it's the C&N Hotel, Rat-u-thid Song Roi Pee Road. I wouldn't try crawling home as it is acoss that road from the action in Soi Bangla and the traffic is horrendous. The Phuket Palace is OK, but I would suggest the GEO guesthouse in Soi Sansebai, English run, great food and it is much quieter being just off the main road. Also no charge for bringing a "friend" back to the room.

Good luck.

Do you know what kind of rates they apply?

I can recommend the Phuket Palace Resort, large rooms with AC a fantastic pool and very friendly staff, no charge if you bring a guest. http://www.phuketpalace.com/en/main-en.htm

Hi Sonthaya, thank you for the tip. Phuket Palace Resort looks a bit far from the center, though, as unfortunately I don't ride mopeds. Anything closer?

GP

Hi, I don't have anything closer, but there is free transport from the hotel to any location within Patong, I have quite often walked back from Soi Bangla it's a 10 minutes walk, or a Tuk Tuk home

is also a solution. :o