george

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downtown Uptown

It was pretty cool, but Blaster Bates could have actually done it in four minutes.

Yeah, was kinda hoping for that too, not the locust-eating-the-leaf effect... still, interesting to watch.

Living adjacent to that racket and dust for 1 month must have been a day- & night-mare.

Yeah it was pretty cool but I agree........ 1 month? Wow what a costly demolition. I was gonna say back home it would have just taked a few hours inside of an 8 hour shift.

A few sticks of dynamite at it would come down in under 4 mins realtime.

Increasing the death toll along the way!!!

Dynamite is sooooo last year - it's C4 now or don't you watch the movies.

Edited by sysardman

What video are you guys talking about - I don't see any link.

Check on the bottom of your screen.......yours may be set to braille...

whistling.gif

Well it's maybe the stupid comment filter that's playing up cos' yours slipped past.And still no link to a video!!!!!

Edited by sysardman

Yeah it was pretty cool but I agree........ 1 month? Wow what a costly demolition. I was gonna say back home it would have just taked a few hours inside of an 8 hour shift.

Which home would that be? Al Qaeda base camp Afghanistan

• Like 1

It was pretty cool, but Blaster Bates could have actually done it in four minutes.

Blaster Bates is dead so that would be quite a featsad.png

Please learn the meaning of could have.

Equally applicable in the context of the post please revise your understanding of past present tense within a subjective analytical statement. Also he could not have done it in 4 minutes even if he was alive - there's a bit more involved that just throwing a grenade and shouting 'fire in the hole'.

• Like 2

Well it's maybe the stupid comment filter that's playing up cos' yours slipped past.And still no link to a video!!!!!

Copy and paste the below link shown in the code box in another tab. Or click on the bottom right where it shows Watch on YouTube. If still can't see it then update your Adobe Flash. No reason for others to make fun of him because of a possible technical error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5rOvS0cOCFs

post-566-0-82589600-1344246862_thumb.jpg

Copy and paste the below link shown in the code box in another tab. Or click on the bottom right where it shows Watch on YouTube. If still can't see it then update your Adobe Flash. No reason for others to make fun of him because of a possible technical error.

Many thanks @Tywais - I have the latest flash player but I suspect one of my other add-ons.

That music has made me feel all frisky....

Great video having just managed to watch it (thanks again to Tywais). Interesting choice of music, in fact they could have demolished the place faster if they'd have dropped Barry White on it (but he's dead toosad.png) - maybe should have chosen Downtown by Petula Clarke. The time lapse was a great idea, actually makes Thai workers look efficientwai.gif

• Like 2

Yes it is a dead link. I will agree with the person and the initial person not seeing the video. Glad someone helped instead of trying to make snide remarks.
  • Like 2

I am sure it cost a heck of a lot less to do the demolition and clean up this way here.

I am sure it cost a heck of a lot less to do the demolition and clean up this way here.

But at what cost to the neighbouring residences in terms of dust (some of it toxic) settling in neighbours houses where children play for a whole month. Guess to some people cost is more important than safety. Especially in this part of the world.