Cut My dam_n Feet Wide Open Swimming

Gone

I have been swimming for years at NaJomtien near the "Glass House Restaurant" Normally I swim when it is high tide however yesterday was so hot I went anyways and it was low tide.

Those resorts have rope and buays strung out for the guests but I swim just South of them right beside the glass house. The tide was out to about where the farthest buay would be and as I was walking in I stepped on a huge jagged rock (maybe the anchor point) and felt it right away so tried picking up my leg and stepping closer to shore. Still I landed on the rock.

When I got home the bottom of me foot was cut bad and bleeding but also had black tar on it (I assume for the anchor point rock.)

Anyways, just wanted to mention it and say be careful out there.

Edited by Gone

Maybe those swimming shoes may be a wise investment, Never seen them for sale here but maybe you could get them off the net and could save your feet from all but the sharpest rocks or glass,

Make sure to use lots of Hydrogen Peroxide to clean the wound, and if you can

find it, an antibiotic cream like Neosprin or similar to help the healing ...

luudee

Hydrogen peroxide? I recommend surgical Bacitracin! Get a hospital deep cleansing ASAP!

• Like 1

Thank you and you are right.....I will go to a clinic for a good cleaning as I am also Diabetic. I shouldn't have waited 2 days really but will go today for sure.

Never needed swim shoes. I have been swimming there for years and have felt nothing but sand however now I know of at least 1 hazardous rock lol.

Maybe those swimming shoes may be a wise investment, Never seen them for sale here but maybe you could get them off the net and could save your feet from all but the sharpest rocks or glass,

i bouht mine in a diveshop

always where them when swimming

sorry to hear of your bad luck ..i thought u were going to say u stepped on glass .....for a while about 5 years back people were cutting themselves on a daily basis ....on pattaya beach locals were breaking glass and throwing it in the water

sorry to hear of your bad luck ..i thought u were going to say u stepped on glass .....for a while about 5 years back people were cutting themselves on a daily basis ....on pattaya beach locals were breaking glass and throwing it in the water

I wouldn't swim in Pattaya if they paid me to. lol

• Like 2

Really ??? I doubt it somehow.

sad.png

Edited by londoedan

Nonsense!!

A pair of wet suit boots, available from any wind surfing or dive shop, would be a worthwhile investment. Apart from sharp stones and broken glass there are also poisonous fish lying buried in the sand here. I photographed this spiny devilfish just a few days ago. Step on one of these and you'll have a serious problem.

post-70418-0-26440000-1344390496_thumb.j

Thanks all but I went to a clinic and had it cleaned and treated with some anti-biotic cream for 100 baht. It wasn't as bad as it looked. It's on the heel part of my foot so it hurts when walking. I also have the regular alcohol and that dark liquid you buy here for dressing wounds.

Spalpeen: Where exactly did you encounter this creature?. I must say that 12 strait years of swimming all over Thailand I have been lucky enough to have never run into any problems. Not even with jelly-fish.

Gaucho: I'm sorry but I just can't believe why locals would sit there, break glass and throw it in the water. Where did you hear about that?

PS: I agree that some proper foot protection might be a good idea however I will take my chances with luck.

Thanks all but I went to a clinic and had it cleaned and treated with some anti-biotic cream for 100 baht. It wasn't as bad as it looked. It's on the heel part of my foot so it hurts when walking. I also have the regular alcohol and that dark liquid you buy here for dressing wounds.

Spalpeen: Where exactly did you encounter this creature?. I must say that 12 strait years of swimming all over Thailand I have been lucky enough to have never run into any problems. Not even with jelly-fish.

Gaucho: I'm sorry but I just can't believe why locals would sit there, break glass and throw it in the water. Where did you hear about that?

PS: I agree that some proper foot protection might be a good idea however I will take my chances with luck.

Sorry for your trouble.

Moral of the story is, never swim at low tide anywhere. Thought every body knew this. Nobody cleans the bottom of the sea.

If you buy a face mask and swim out a little, you will see the seabed is full of junk, in most countries. The supermarket trolleys used to always intrigue me.

I spotted the fish just off the tourist beach at Koh Sac island. They're quite common around here, but very well camouflaged and have a habit of burying themselves in the sand with just their eyes showing, so almost impossible to spot.

sad.png

no mate it happened i personally saw it and witnessed the vendor abuse the idiot ....he meant to do it ....a nurse with our group said that very morning a falang had his foot stitched from a cut received at the beach ..there r a lot of angry thais out there that dont like falangs

Nonsense!!

not nonsense at all mate ...r u one of these guys that believe all balcony deaths r accidents ? cheers

..there r a lot of angry thais out there that dont like falangs

Really ? again, I doubt that also - In 12 years of coming here (4 years living here), I've yet to meet one.

glad u have not encountered any probs mate hope it continues .very lucky indeed..maybe u go to safe places

sad.png

no mate it happened i personally saw it and witnessed the vendor abuse the idiot ....he meant to do it ....a nurse with our group said that very morning a falang had his foot stitched from a cut received at the beach ..there r a lot of angry thais out there that dont like falangs

So you saw 1 Thai doing it? That doesn't reflect on your post that "Locals" sounding like a whole bunch of them were breaking glass and throwing it on the beach.

12 years here too and never met an "angry Thai" who doesn't like farangs. Maybe a couple of drunk or stoned ones that voiced their opinions but again intoxicated.

Nonsense!!

Seen them do it on several occasions.

Nonsense!!

Right rolleyes.gif sure you have.

sad.png

So you saw 1 Thai doing it? That doesn't reflect on your post that "Locals" sounding like a whole bunch of them were breaking glass and throwing it on the beach.

12 years here too and never met an "angry Thai" who doesn't like farangs. Maybe a couple of drunk or stoned ones that voiced their opinions but again intoxicated.

The truth of the matter is I saw SEVERAL vendors actually selling shards of glass by the bucket fulls for the express purpose of the locals throwing them into the water at Pattaya beach.

Honest I did...

• Like 1

Nonsense!!

Right rolleyes.gif sure you have.

So locals were deliberately braking glass and throwing it in the water because they hate falangs!!! Yeah right, sounds more like your typical bar stool myth perpetuated by many a bitter drunk!!

So why didn't you tell the police about these BUCKETS full of glass being sold to throw onto the beach? Do you hate farangs too? I think more Thais swim in Pattaya then farangs.

So my post has gone from me telling people where I had cut my feet swimming in Na Jomtien on a rock to Thai street vendors selling buckets full of glass to other Thais who are throwing it all over the beaches of Pattaya in order to cut the feet of farangs because they hate us........... WOW

How much are they selling these buckets for please?