Crack On Wall Of Car Tyre

nicgwee

Would like to know if anyone had this issue on with their cars, I had mine new car for just 1 yr and I notice cracks on the wall of my car tyre. ( front driver side ) only. The other 3 is ok. I am using GoodYear which came along with new car purchase. What would have cause this? And is it cover in the warranty??

post-113569-134430689515_thumb.jpg

Looks to me you've got a very low profile tire and that the white scuff marks above the split may have been caused by running into a curb or some other object. Hitting something that hard I'm surprised you did not damage the rim (wheel) it's self. I may be totally wrong, but I would not give any rebate on it towards a new tire.

My rim is alright. Just the tyre only. There is one more minor crack on the same tyre. Just that this crack is getting me worried. I don't recall hitting any kerb but I may be wrong. As for potholes, yeah. The place I am staying got tons of it. Well, in Thailand, I think it's common. Another question, how much does a set of tyres cost on average? I would prefer GoodYear/michelin or is there others to recommend for driving in thailand? Tyre type/size is 16*6j

My rim is alright. Just the tyre only. There is one more minor crack on the same tyre. Just that this crack is getting me worried. I don't recall hitting any kerb but I may be wrong. As for potholes, yeah. The place I am staying got tons of it. Well, in Thailand, I think it's common. Another question, how much does a set of tyres cost on average? I would prefer GoodYear/michelin or is there others to recommend for driving in thailand? Tyre type/size is 16*6j

Is the other crack near this one or much further around the tyre ?. does this particular tyre see lots of sun when parked up ?

There is another much smaller crack like on the other end of it. But not as deep as this and yes, the car is always park under the sun but I guess if it's affected by sun, I guess the rear right wheel should have cracks too.

post-113569-134432633937_thumb.jpg

post-113569-13443264046_thumb.jpg

There is another much smaller crack like on the other end of it. But not as deep as this and yes, the car is always park under the sun but I guess if it's affected by sun, I guess the rear right wheel should have cracks too.

To be honest it looks like a faulty tyre. sad.png

To be honest it looks like a faulty tyre. sad.png

It will also let go suddenly while you're driving, ie not a slow puncture that you will become aware of over a length of time. First thing is to change it for the spare and then sort out replacement.

mods, should this be in motoring maybe???????????/

It is in the motor forum already, see post #3 from 4 hours ago.

ok bit dumb here, duh, but if anyone would care to enlarge the pic as i did you can clearly see that the damage has been caused by tramua, not sun, bottles, dog pee etc

How often do you check the pressures? I'm surprised by the amount of small cracks in the second pic. Suspect it's been run on low pressure for a while. But there are a few scuff marks on the tyres too. Been driving over sharp stones?

Yeah. Got to change it. Brought it to Honda and they claimed that I must had hit kerb to have such a crack. But IMO if I were to hit such a kerb which results in such a crack, sure I could be aware of it when i hit it or rim would be dented scratched rather than then to discover it while I was cleaning the car. Will be looking around to find a set of tyres. Does anyone know the price I should expect? And should I change all four or just 2 or even just the affected one as it has done less than 20k km..

I would just replace the one - tyres are too fragile here to be replacing a whole set every time you get a puncture, crack, bulge or scuff. A lot of people say replace two at a time, and tyre salesmen would say all 4.

My spare is new but it is smaller than the one I had on. Honda gave me 185 as package as mine was the top version of the city but the spare they give was 175. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, check the manufacturing date on the tyres.

You should tell all in your original post. smile.png