Ttx Or Nouvou Sx

sharktooth

Besides the TTX being in the running for the 2012 Awards For Ugliest Bike, I would think the SX would be a better bike as it has 16" wheels, better suspension and frame, slightly more power.

C'mon that's a wee bit harsh about the ttx. I get what you are saying about the wheel size though. First thing i noticed in comparison.

Besides the TTX being in the running for the 2012 Awards For Ugliest Bike, I would think the SX would be a better bike as it has 16" wheels, better suspension and frame, slightly more power.

C'mon that's a wee bit harsh about the ttx. I get what you are saying about the wheel size though. First thing i noticed in comparison.

It looks like what M.C. Escher might have shat after swallowing a Lockheed Martin F-117 and a Gillette Mach 3 razor.

Edited by NomadJoe

It looks like what M.C. Escher might have shat after swallowing a Lockheed Martin F-117 and a Gillette Mach 3 razor.

If my original post had said "Hoi, anybody googled a photo of the ttx?" then I could understand your comments... However, I asked if anybody who had either could comment. And... It's a runaround. Power I already have

If my original post had said "Hoi, anybody googled a photo of the ttx?" then I could understand your comments... However, I asked if anybody who had either could comment. And... It's a runaround. Power I already have

You mean "runabout." A "runaround" is what you are getting in this thread.

Edited by NomadJoe

No two ways about it, the SX125 is the better of the two, for comfort, performance and stability. It's also got a fancy digital tacho with a live range reading, kick stand cut off and a projector headlight (although i'm not sure how good that particular projector is) Buy the SX :)

No two ways about it, the SX125 is the better of the two, for comfort, performance and stability. It's also got a fancy digital tacho with a live range reading, kick stand cut off and a projector headlight (although i'm not sure how good that particular projector is) Buy the SX smile.png

i agree. Out of all the small auto scooters available in Thailand the SX is the pick of the bunch (PCX is a different class). But if you want to take out the unsophisticated ugly sister; up to you! biggrin.png

Everybody says that the SX is superior but based on the responses to a past thread on the SX and my observance of bikes people drive here in Chiang Mai, I'm wondering if any of the people giving their opinion actually own the bike.

I think a lot of people give opinions on things based on very little actual experience.

Everybody says that the SX is superior but based on the responses to a past thread on the SX and my observance of bikes people drive here in Chiang Mai, I'm wondering if any of the people giving their opinion actually own the bike.

I think a lot of people give opinions on things based on very little actual experience.

I am thinking exactly the same...

The specs of the 2 bikes you are asking about tell the story but if you don't want to believe what anyone is telling you then the best thing to do is rent each of them and you will see the difference.

Naboo is right, you are deciding between 2 different types of bikes. Bikes like the Nouvo/Hayate/Airblade have better ride and handling over the Mio/Fino/ TTX/Scoopy etc.

I have the SX and really like it. It doesn't have the low end torque of the preceding year's model (the 135cc engine) . I'm only coming up on 1000km on it so I can't say how well it holds up yet.

(and as for ugliest bike the PCX wins that honor hands down, it looks like the offspring of a motorbike and a tuk-tuk).

(and as for ugliest bike the PCX wins that honor hands down, it looks like the offspring of a motorbike and a tuk-tuk).

Usually said by people that can't afford one. tongue.png

At least the PCX is instantly recognisable whereas the SX is just another, well, clone of all the other clones.

Usually said by people that can't afford one. tongue.png

At least the PCX is instantly recognisable whereas the SX is just another, well, clone of all the other clones.

Jtiger can afford about anything he wants.

What is the Nouvo SX a clone of by the way?

I'd say that the SX is an evolution of what is considered a modern aesthetic design. You can put the Elegance next to the SX and there is something that will tell your senses that the SX is the newer model. Overall it's a subtle change to the body. From the front the single headlamp of the SX tells you it's not an Elegance, and the rear lights are a bit different too. From the side the colored rims tell you it's an SX.

As for the PCX designers.. it is true that they made a bold move. I think they thought about the places where motorbikes are popular (SE Asia and India) and then asked themselves "what is a symbol of transportation in these places?" and came up with "The Tuk-Tuk!" So they wanted a design that would evoke the tuk-tuk look, figuring that lots of people secretly wanted to drive their own tuk-tuk. And they succeeded, down to the kind of "lumbering" look when a tuk-tuk is going somewhere. So it's a bold retro look. Not something I find appealing personally.

• Like 1

Blimey..........who woke you up?

Go back to sleep. biggrin.png

Prob the most off topic post ever.....

I noticed your team has made it back to the top flight, so did mine, Southampton 'Come on you reds!' :P

On the right is the 2009 Hayate.

I don't see much similarity other than what you would expect (two wheels, handlebars, mirrors, etc).

The front ends are completely different with the Hayate having a 'shelf' effect. The sides are completely

different.

post-21895-0-52283100-1345280077_thumb.j

I am waiting for you. Let me ask again....W-h-a-t is a Nouvo SX a clone of?

Depressingly similar to the Hayate, particularly the 2009 model.............. Honda Click etc etc. They all look the same.

Now go on.........jog on, there's a good girl

The Nouvo first came out in 2002, ten years ago. The Suzuki Hayate came out much later. And so far as Honda is concerned it woke up from a deep slumber after Yamaha got a huge head start on it with the automatics, but it took years for Honda to discover that the automatics were a great thing. So you really got it backwards by calling the Nouvo a clone and insinuating jtiger can't afford a PCX. I like the PCX and I like the Nouvo. Jtiger simply thinks the PCX is a bike for wanke_rs

Blimey..........who woke you up?

Go back to sleep. biggrin.png

Prob the most off topic post ever.....

I noticed your team has made it back to the top flight, so did mine, Southampton 'Come on you reds!' :P

If you support the Saints why are you cheering on Liverpool here? :)

Sharktooth-----As far as I can determine, the Nouvo SX is the latest evolution of the Nouvo which started the automatic's popularity in this corner of the earth. It's been around for ten years, comes with twin shocks (single shocked bikes do not measure up when the going gets tough, ample under the seat storage, and large diameter 16 inch wheels. I bought my first Nouvo in early 2006, kept it for three years without incident, and it is still going strong in the hands of my ex neighbor who bought it from me. I've now had my 135 c.c. Elegance for over 3 years and it's been just as reliable as my first bike. Although I believe the Suzuki Hayate is a good bike, I feel it is a clone of the Nouvo series. It costs less, but I do feel you get what you pay for, and that the clone does not quite measure up to the real deal. Keep these costs in perspective though. Out the door a Nouvo SX is roughly 58,000 baht with mag wheels versus 800,000 baht for my Honda Civic which is 14 times more expensive, which is totally inferior to my Elegance for in and around town. On the other hand the Civic is far superior to not only my Elegance but to all other bikes for longer distances in terms of all around utility, safety and comfort.

For me the decision on whether to buy a used bike or a lesser bike than my Elegance in order to save just 10,000 baht is absolutely pointless. I'll spend that difference for a wall decoration without a moment's thought, and just about everyone here would do the same i especially if they were living back in their home countries. But even though I regard the Nouvo as the best in its class, it's still not quite good enough for me so I recently went to Michelin sporty tires one size larger than stock. With this improvement both ride and safety is considerably improved and I now regard my personal bike as the absolute finest machine out there for driving in and around this city. Even the PCX won't measure up to my Elegance in its present form. First off, although I can't prove it, my feeling is the PCX will be more expensive to maintain as I have been seeing more and more reports of issues that force their owners to bring them back to Honda while I've not been seeing the same volume of reports for the Nouvo series. The PCX does not have a hook in front of the driver for carrying extra items such as grocery bags. It does not provide for mounting larger items across the seat behind the driver whereas the Nouvo has a rail behind the seat and anchor points for bungee cords. It does not have a kick start so you can more easily be stranded if the electrics

fail.

As for the lesser bikes, such as Clicks that do not have dual shocks, Mios, Finos, Scoopies, etc they simply aren't nearly as stout as the Nouvo series of bikes and are usually under tired by comparison while often lacking needed features such as large under the seat storage, comparable power, or enough rubber on the ground to provide a larger margin of safety as well as more tractability at higher speeds. Lastly, and this point I cannot emphasize enough---the lesser bikes are made in my opinion for either those who cannot begin to appeciate the engineering superiority of superior machinery or those to whom as little as 10,000 baht makes a huge difference in their family's finances and this means many Asian buyers whose monthly incomes are incomparably less than those of most members of this forum. Keep your eyes open and you will see exactly what I mean. On the highway for example you won't see many Thais keeping up with a PCX or Nouvo if they are driving Honda Waves equipped with their standard skinny little 60 mm tires. This is because they are either clueless or because moving up to a top automatic or even upgrading their tires is too much of a hardship on their pocketbooks.

If the choice is a Yamaha TTX and Nouvo SX I would surely go for a Yamaha Nouvo SX, but honestly I would not make the decision before I looked seriously at other competitors in the same class. For example the new Honda Click 125i, not forget that Honda is lightyears ahead in small engine fuel-injection compared to Yamaha...

Still the Yamaha Nouvo SX is an excellent scooter and I cannot find anything wrong with the fueling of the scoot, so for me, something what is of course a personal opinion, I find the Yamaha Nouvo SX and the Honda Click 125i very similar.

Conclusion: If it was my choice I would go for the scooter of which the dealer is near my house, nothing more annoying than pushing a small scooter to a dealer if you have a problem. So Honda close, but a Honda Click 125i, is the Yamaha dealer closer buy a Yamaha Nouvo SX... very simple...

Sorry everybody, I forget to live up to every-bodies expectations, so I need to say something about a Chinese alternative, maybe a Taiwanese scooter is Chinese enough.

As alternative for a sporty 125cc scooter I can recommend the Sym Jet4 125, if performance is the driving force behind your choice you surely look at the Sym Jet4 125...