Fish & Chips Place On Sukhumvit Soi 23

Spaniel

There is a Fish & Chips place on the left side of Soi 23 (coming from Sukhumvit) about half way between Sukhumvit and Soi Cowboy. I think they have been there for quite some time so based on that I would assume the F&C's are pretty good but is their anyone who has eaten there recently that can confirm this?

The Off Shore, Many of the British lads swear its the best in Bangkok, I myself tried it last week and thought it was rubbish!!! to each their own but I guess it's worth a go if you are hankering for something that tastes like home!!.. I prefer Bradman's Bar opposite The Off Shore, nice menu and no grumpy old codgers lurking about....

I've eaten there many times after a night on the town at SC. I then decided to eat there one day while sober and I almost puked!

Totally agree. The only reason they stay in business is because most of their customers are pissed when they eat. Its nothing like a British chippie, food awful, service awful, decor awful.

• Like 2

was in there last Saturday could not believe how dirty & smelly (dirty water smell not oil) the place has become, looks like a definite case of lost interest to me as it never used to be like that. Pity really as it offers a good change to the regular food around 23

One thing that always got to me was the staff asking for a tip on takeaways !!!!!, but saying that ive seen tip box's on 7/11 Counters.. ?

• Like 1

was in there last Saturday could not believe how dirty & smelly (dirty water smell not oil) the place has become, looks like a definite case of lost interest to me as it never used to be like that. Pity really as it offers a good change to the regular food around 23

One thing that always got to me was the staff asking for a tip on takeaways !!!!!, but saying that ive seen tip box's on 7/11 Counters.. ?

Ive heard good things about the place in Convent road that does fish and chips, but the name escapes me at the moment.

For the quality of the fish, not the chips though, you're better off at the Manhattan Fish Market at Terminal 21. There's another Fish restaurant in 21 too, which has excellent fish'n'chips at a little more expensive then Offshore.

Best in Bkk by a long shot though is Sam's place, just off of Soi Convent near Silom. Google it, Well wotrth checking out.

was in there last Saturday could not believe how dirty & smelly (dirty water smell not oil) the place has become, looks like a definite case of lost interest to me as it never used to be like that.

Strange thats just how i remember it 10 years ago-the last time I went in. Real shame there seems nowhere you can get really good chips, unless anyone knows better.

Fish (cod), average. Chips, poor.

Taste-wise I would NOT be happy being served these fish n chips in the UK.

The best in Bangkok? Certainly not, but I agree prices are low.

I go there often though - drunk and sober - for their bacon sandwiches and reasonably priced pints of Westerns(?) cider.

Yes the fish inn, not as good as it was.

The last time i was there the fish was soggy.

A good indication that the oil was not hot enough when it was cooked.

I tried o my cod, but it was the same.

Also on soi 23 is the Queen Vic( opposite side of off shore),

The fish was better, but still not perfect.

Yes the fish inn, not as good as it was.

The last time i was there the fish was soggy.

A good indication that the oil was not hot enough when it was cooked.

I tried o my cod, but it was the same.

Also on soi 23 is the Queen Vic( opposite side of off shore),

The fish was better, but still not perfect.

Bradmans, across the road, has much better fish and chips. I bit more expensive though.

Their chips are awful, their pastry for their frozen pies is AWFUL!

Staff are typical tourist area attitudes, borderline beggars/scroungers.

Whoever owns the place could probably quadruple profits if the food & staff were improved.

The food should be easy enough, the staff i'm not so sure.

That's if he wasn't poisoned the day after he finished paying for it all ...

• Like 1