Biker Etiquette From A Non-Biker

Fookhaht

Yes, i have a chopper and i think they displayed an ungodly poor judgement,

none with any sense of manner do that when it can be assumed people sleep.

btw i donno if sound save lives, but it did save me from an accident,

as the thai-guy in front of me intended to make a right-turn without signal,

but came to remember to turn his signal ON as he heard my bike.

He hadn't even position himself right so i was about to take over

You sound like a reasonable fellow poanoi, so I'll try to be gentle... smile.png

Sounds can save lives, but usually the sound is made by a horn, which comes into play intermittently, unlike the always-on pipes.

Exactly, which is why horns are a legal requirement in most countries and loud pipes just piss people off. Some people attempt to justify their disrespectful and attention seeking behaviour, but it's pretty transparant to the rest of us.

Being fair, while the majority of the users of loud pipes are boorish cvnts, having a steady stream of racket is technically safer than an intermiten one. Cage drivers obviously coming out of blind corners is a prime example. Riding defensively is the epitome of a good rider, but sometimes even the best are simply boxed in and have no where to go...see any professional rider that is killed on the streets for an example.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fookhant:

"I'm sorry, but "LoserLazer's" post is a great example of an indulgent parent trying to white-wash their child's barbaric behavior by blame-shifting, and ignoring clearly-stated facts of the situation. Not on my watch! whistling.gif "

c'mon man. do not distort the reality. I am not supporting some bikers revving their bikes for nonsense but your story has some holes on it.

I think you represent a great example of an ignorant and prejudiced person ready to place a stereotype to bikers like drunk/stoned and inconsiderate. Think about it, your simple mind is ready to 'hypothesize' bikers as drunken drug users right away! I know many people like you.

Besides, your post does not make any sense to me. Sure there are lot's of exaggeration stated there. 45 minutes of drifting and revving on a parking space!? How does it happen? Your post was like they were parking and revving and now, they started drifting?biggrin.png What next, they were using drugs, racing, revving, drifting, fighting, <deleted>..king and drinking at the same time on the parking area?clap2.gif You are just adding more holes into your story man. And, how come nobody reacted on this but you? whistling.gif were you the only guy with lovely ears at the resort?? hahah you make me laugh really.

So for you, we bikers cannot park/ride our bikes, for you i am sure it is best to destroy all the bikes in this world just for your lovely ears and kill or arrest all the bikers because they are drug users, they park their vehicles, they dress in black/wear a helmet or they create problems?

Your statements really reminded me the movie Easy Rider and the 'barbaric red necks' in the truck at the end of the movie killing the bikers with a shot gun. So, next time, i assume you will do so as what you are saying is not that different from that mentality of the guys in the truck - some 43 years ago of course! -

I am a biker, i have been through some prejudiced and jealous people fighting my way, cars trying to squeeze me to the shoulder or push out of the road to kill me etc. many times they throw me beer bottles from cars, many times they forced me into an accident. i passed from all these in my 23 years of riding time so yes, even if those bikers made something wrong, i have some red lines especially for people splashing ignorant stereotypes to bikers with a story full of holes.

Morever, it is a pity that many bikers here ready to swallow this exaggeration or ready to be stereotyped and most importantly 'act' as inconsiderate drug users or drunkards.whistling.gif For those guys, shame on you, just buy a cage and relieve yourselves.

That is all.

Yes, i have a chopper and i think they displayed an ungodly poor judgement,

none with any sense of manner do that when it can be assumed people sleep.

btw i donno if sound save lives, but it did save me from an accident,

as the thai-guy in front of me intended to make a right-turn without signal,

but came to remember to turn his signal ON as he heard my bike.

He hadn't even position himself right so i was about to take over

You sound like a reasonable fellow poanoi, so I'll try to be gentle... smile.png

Sounds can save lives, but usually the sound is made by a horn, which comes into play intermittently, unlike the always-on pipes.

Exactly, which is why horns are a legal requirement in most countries and loud pipes just piss people off. Some people attempt to justify their disrespectful and attention seeking behaviour, but it's pretty transparant to the rest of us.

Being fair, while the majority of the users of loud pipes are boorish cvnts, having a steady stream of racket is technically safer than an intermiten one. Cage drivers obviously coming out of blind corners is a prime example. Riding defensively is the epitome of a good rider, but sometimes even the best are simply boxed in and have no where to go...see any professional rider that is killed on the streets for an example.

But as another poster has pointed out the majority of the noise goes behind the bike so unless you're going backwards the effect isn't that great. Plus a constant drone doesn't catch people's attention as much as a short sharp burst of noise. I'll stick with a decent horn and a moderately loud exhaust (which I have to admit I fitted because I like the sound of it, not because I think it will save me from an accident). I never sit on the bike just endlessly revving the engine though, well not since I was about 12 anyway...

• Like 1

unbelievable thread laugh.png

Interesting that most bikers believing in "loud pipes save lives" do not dress up and paint their bikes in signal colors. Seems that ain't cool. But loud pipes are. So they think.

Edited by wantan

Bikers are generally a weak lot, its the group hugs and support that keeps their rough exterior all shiny.

Usually they have no regard at all for others and the environment around them, its all about look at me and the big thing between my legs as its all I got.

I love the way they all wave to each other, like they are all bro's and have this bond that any non biker could never have.

Society and the environment especially within the boundaries of areas where bikes and noise as such should be banned, would be better off without them.

Bikers are generally a weak lot, its the group hugs and support that keeps their rough exterior all shiny.

Usually they have no regard at all for others and the environment around them, its all about look at me and the big thing between my legs as its all I got.

I love the way they all wave to each other, like they are all bro's and have this bond that any non biker could never have.

Society and the environment especially within the boundaries of areas where bikes and noise as such should be banned, would be better off without them.

of course we support each other as there are chicken shit conformist people with lot's of jealousy towards bikers as they never dare to ride a bike - no gutswhistling.gif . They cannot leave the closed environment of their cages, they do not know how to taste the real freedom so once they see a biker having fun, they get jealous and start being aggressive, splash prejudiced stereotypes or worst, they try to push you out of the road to kill you. - or use their shotguns biggrin.png .

This is what we called 'escape' in psychology. As you just escape from your incompetence by attacking the bikers. Oh man...sad state of human mind!

Besides, big thing between legs story is worst when you apply it to a Toyota Fortuner rider or any car rider let's say, yes? So, it mean or penises are also bigger than car ridersclap2.gif

Edited by loserlazer

Don't worry, you are right on the money. They were there having a blast and couldn't give a rat's a** who you are or what you thought. It was bike week.If they did notice you, they probably told their friends about the poofters staying next to them in Kow Yai, but how they wouldn't judge ALL non bikers by the likes of you.

They did their homework. They were bikers there during bike week. Imagine that.

• Like 1

Think about it, your simple mind is ready to 'hypothesize' bikers as drunken drug users right away!

As usual, you didn't read my reply post. I upgraded the group that invaded us to "cretins."

..and now, they started drifting?

Drifting DOES have more than one meaning besides "oversteering causing loss of traction in the rear wheels," but you probably don't know that. I was referring to the way they came "wandering in, haphazardly." Free English lesson.

And, how come nobody reacted on this but you? Were you the only guy with lovely ears at the resort??

How do you know this? You assumed it, and of course you know that those who assume resemble the first syllable of that adjective. Indeed, our fellow Thai resort guests bitched about it with us the next day. But, as Thais are wont to do--no one wants to confront either the cretins or the management.

I am a biker, i have been through some prejudiced and jealous people fighting my way, cars trying to squeeze me to the shoulder or push out of the road to kill me etc. many times they throw me beer bottles from cars, many times they forced me into an accident.

What a martyr. You should try it on a Honda Wave in Thailand, competing with SUV's, like I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loser . . . :

"...shame on you, just buy a cage and relieve yourselves."

That is all.

Fookhaht:

What an intelligent closing remark. You communicate with the same courtesy that matches the behavior of our biker-invaders. You weren't at Baan Sarannya Resort in Khao Yai last weekend, were you? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

Wow, reading this just makes me think that all of you have been shafted up the exit hole once to many times... Pucker up and take it as a man... I do feel sorry for all the people that were disturbed by the noise (I am sure we all will)- did you go out to them and ask them to quiet down? or was it just the morning after hero while they were all sleeping?

I for once like to sleep when I am in my bungalow, and if next door they had a "how loud can we be competition", I would go out and ask them to quiet down so I could sleep... I am fine until 00.00 A.M, but then I want to sleep- if the bikes were coming, there will be noise, so if people kept coming after midnight, who am I to marshal that? Maybe suggest to the management that they should not allow people to come late at night (that would go down well)...

I am sure that these bikers we are talking about were drunk (bike week?) but as all bikers here in Thailand, they are very polite...

Grow up all of you, some people make noise when they get to their bungalow, don't complain, it is life...

I am sure that there is no need for people to compare who is better, bikers or cage owners- there are good and bad amongst all of us... Some people moan and complain, some people are inconsiderate, some people are dumb, and so on...

Just be happy you are still alive to enjoy your next vacation in peace and quietness..

• Like 2

Wow, reading this just makes me think that all of you have been shafted up the exit hole once to many times... Pucker up and take it as a man... I do feel sorry for all the people that were disturbed by the noise (I am sure we all will)- did you go out to them and ask them to quiet down? or was it just the morning after hero while they were all sleeping?

I for once like to sleep when I am in my bungalow, and if next door they had a "how loud can we be competition", I would go out and ask them to quiet down so I could sleep... I am fine until 00.00 A.M, but then I want to sleep- if the bikes were coming, there will be noise, so if people kept coming after midnight, who am I to marshal that? Maybe suggest to the management that they should not allow people to come late at night (that would go down well)...

I am sure that these bikers we are talking about were drunk (bike week?) but as all bikers here in Thailand, they are very polite...

Grow up all of you, some people make noise when they get to their bungalow, don't complain, it is life...

I am sure that there is no need for people to compare who is better, bikers or cage owners- there are good and bad amongst all of us... Some people moan and complain, some people are inconsiderate, some people are dumb, and so on...

Just be happy you are still alive to enjoy your next vacation in peace and quietness..

Yup, the bikers I have met here have been absolute gentlemen. Even back in England, the only time I witnessed really selfish behaviour from bikers was on the motorway where a large gang belonging to an internationally known outlaw `club` were crawling along deliberately blocking every lane. It didn`t impress me and I doubt it impressed anyone else.

Yup, the bikers I have met here have been absolute gentlemen. Even back in England, the only time I witnessed really selfish behaviour from bikers was on the motorway where a large gang belonging to an internationally known outlaw `club` were crawling along deliberately blocking every lane. It didn`t impress me and I doubt it impressed anyone else.

Wasn't us :D

post-87530-0-48781600-1344508516_thumb.j

• Like 1

of course we support each other as there are chicken shit conformist people with lot's of jealousy towards bikers as they never dare to ride a bike - no gutswhistling.gif . They cannot leave the closed environment of their cages, they do not know how to taste the real freedom so once they see a biker having fun, they get jealous and start being aggressive, splash prejudiced stereotypes or worst, they try to push you out of the road to kill you. - or use their shotguns biggrin.png .

This is what we called 'escape' in psychology. As you just escape from your incompetence by attacking the bikers. Oh man...sad state of human mind!

Besides, big thing between legs story is worst when you apply it to a Toyota Fortuner rider or any car rider let's say, yes? So, it mean or penises are also bigger than car ridersclap2.gif

A biker rep to be proud of.

Wasn't us :D

Nope, they weren' t riding Japanese bikes :) Edited by BirdsandBooze

Wasn't us biggrin.png

You just showed what an ass you are and you really should be grateful this is an anonymous forum. I suggest if you want to belong to a brotherhood, stick with your own kind and don't show disrespect to someone else's colors. It really could stunt your growth.

Wasn't us biggrin.png

You just showed what an ass you are and you really should be grateful this is an anonymous forum. I suggest if you want to belong to a brotherhood, stick with your own kind and don't show disrespect to someone else's colors. It really could stunt your growth.

ooooooh...bikie talk.

You know I had a serious thought the other day about starting my own bikie gang.

Anyone with me ?

Will need some collaboration on the secret hand shakes and what level of Bad we aim to achieve.

Colours...thats important, no tangerine.

Wasn't us biggrin.png

Show respect for the Hells Angels? Are you a bit crazy?

Wasn't us biggrin.png

Some people need to idolise such things.

Everybody has a weakness.

Wasn't us biggrin.png

I really have no idea what you are on about and by the sounds of it neither do you. w00t.gif

"When we do right, nobody remembers. When we do wrong, nobody forgets"

http://www.hellsangelslondon.com/

Edited by Kwasaki

Wasn't us biggrin.png

From his username and time of his post I suspect he's a 68 year old Harley rider/keyboard warrior posting drunk when he got back from the bar. Could be wrong though...

Sounds like typical Harley Fag/Hell's Angels piece o' shit white trash scum. Why don't you all go drive your underpowered, steel scrap mobiles of a cliff and make the world a better place. Not sure why anyone would want to join an "outlaw club" full of homos who dress like pirates anyway.

Edited by arnoldjr

Sounds like typical Harley Fag/Hell's Angels piece o' shit white trash scum. Why don't you all go drive your underpowered, steel scrap mobiles of a cliff and make the world a better place. Not sure why anyone would want to join an "outlaw club" full of homos who dress like pirates anyway.

As opposed to the guy who needs to dress up in skin tight matching leathers (Village People alert!), corporate advertising boots and lids (assuming those same helmets don't have some 'badass' skull and crossbones or a replica racer graphics), squeak up on to their overpowered, overgraphiced (exactly how much of your super swift bike can you use?) bike and then circle jerk about how fast they rode?

Not that I would imply somebody on a 'NInja' 650 would fall into that category or use an avatar of him missing an apex badlywhistling.gif

Edited by dave_boo

Wasn't us biggrin.png

They are not all bad, same goes for people, I miss the Bulldog bash it was a great event and on the other side of the coin, there was the Rock & Blues weekender which was a good time too.

As opposed to the guy who needs to dress up in skin tight matching leathers (Village People alert!), corporate advertising boots and lids (assuming those same helmets don't have some 'badass' skull and crossbones or a replica racer graphics), squeak up on to their overpowered, overgraphiced (exactly how much of your super swift bike can you use?) bike and then circle jerk about how fast they rode?

Not that I would imply somebody on a 'NInja' 650 would fall into that category or use an avatar of him missing an apex badlywhistling.gif

Not making any sense. Those leathers, boots and helmets are for protection from the ground. Harley guys don't have much to protect so that's understandable why you would need to be educated on the matter. As for missing the apex, not sure what you are on about. I didn't realize it was an animated gif that showed my line through the turn. Go back to sitting in a pub with all your fat bearded retard friends on outdated technology talking about how your hooker wives keep stealing from you.

Edited by arnoldjr