Phuket Tourist Killing: Two Men Get Life For Michelle Smith Murder

webfact

This means nothing. They'll be out wiv the next King's pardon. The only thing it means is if you mess wiv high profile Farangs, you're going to get a lot of hassle. Violence is endemic in Thailand. As a Farang you miss most of it. Land of sweetness and light it definitely is not. Every now and then real Thai life spills over into the the Farang idyll. Stay in your own world I say, I certainly don't want to enter the Thai world, Like you have a special status as a Farang,but if you cross the line, and people start looking at you as Thai, then you also have to put up wiv all the bullshit that goes with it. ,And it is very, very dangerous, cos you're no longer a joke,but some sort of serious competitor. And there's you, with your half competent Thai, and your half understanding of the culture, facing some guy who's been brought up here, is totally fluent,and understands every little nuance' It's no contest really, you're going to lose. The best thing I suppose is to play a double game. Pretend you're stupid. Pretend you don't understand Thai, pretend you know nothing about their culture. Retain your "I'm just a stupid Farang" status. Oh, I don't know. Is it good to live in a foreign country and live some kind of lie. I've met many people here, who aren't stupid, who know exactly what;s going on. Do I want to lie to them? Pretend I'm stupid.I really don't know.

?

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This means nothing. They'll be out wiv the next King's pardon. The only thing it means is if you mess wiv high profile Farangs, you're going to get a lot of hassle. Violence is endemic in Thailand. As a Farang you miss most of it. Land of sweetness and light it definitely is not. Every now and then real Thai life spills over into the the Farang idyll. Stay in your own world I say, I certainly don't want to enter the Thai world, Like you have a special status as a Farang,but if you cross the line, and people start looking at you as Thai, then you also have to put up wiv all the bullshit that goes with it. ,And it is very, very dangerous, cos you're no longer a joke,but some sort of serious competitor. And there's you, with your half competent Thai, and your half understanding of the culture, facing some guy who's been brought up here, is totally fluent,and understands every little nuance' It's no contest really, you're going to lose. The best thing I suppose is to play a double game. Pretend you're stupid. Pretend you don't understand Thai, pretend you know nothing about their culture. Retain your "I'm just a stupid Farang" status. Oh, I don't know. Is it good to live in a foreign country and live some kind of lie. I've met many people here, who aren't stupid, who know exactly what;s going on. Do I want to lie to them? Pretend I'm stupid.I really don't know.

?

Pardons are never granted after serving one year of a life sentence. It generally takes many years & lots of remorse before one is even considered.

• 4 months later...