Vietnam Consulates - Okay For Non B Visa

Has anyone had experience applying for Non B or 2 month tourist visas in Vietnam. If so, which consulate, HCMC or Hanoi? Do both consulates handle visas? And how long does it take?

Thanks in advance for any advise someone may be able to share

Both Hanoi and HCMC handle visas. In Hanoi the consulate is very quiet. (I was the only visitor there both on submitting my application and on collecting my visa.) They are a bit of a stickler for exact paperwork. (I had photocopies of the photographs of the directors of the company I was working for - they wanted actual photographs. Also, they weren't happy that my company wasn't on their official list of companies. (It was a branch operation - they did recognise the parent company, though.) However, after a bit of discussion they were happy to issue my visa. To be honest, they seemed very fair and reasonable.)

Dropped off paperwork one day. Picked it up the next.

The Hanoi consulate is very close to the Temple of Literature which is well worth a look if you're in the area. However, it's not particularly close to the main tourist areas, so you'll need a motorcycle taxi to get there.

great feedback thanks. I'm hoping HCMC can do the same. Time might be against me gathering the documents so I'll probably opt for a 2 month tourist visa. I read about 3 month multiple entry tourist visa. do you know anything about this?

You could probably get a two entry tourist visa valid for 90 days. That gives you 6 months by getting an extension of your first entry and then making a border run just before the visa expires for the 2nd entry and then another extension.

There is no multiple entry tourist visa.