Iphone 4S Switch Off By Itself

ManOnTheRoad

Bought an Apple Iphone 4s (AIS Set) from The Apple store here in Bangkok, after 4 days the iphone suddenly went black power shut off by itself . (Cant on the damm iphone at all, Its like having a dead iphone)

Because my iphone is under AIS i need to get support for AIS itself, Contacted the Customer Service Hotline they dont know how to fix it via phone, they keep on telling me to bring it down to AIS Center. I said ok

Then went on searching on youtube and google i found a solution .

Pressed the Home and Power button about 5 to 10 seconds the iphone logo popos up (Power Up) and its working again like normal .

Does anyone knows why it shuts off by itself and not be able to switch on the normal power button way ?

• 4 weeks later...

It could have locked up or the firmware validation failed and it went into DFU mode.

First of all, just wait and see if it happens again - something like a smartphone is very complex, and they do sometimes crash for no obvious reason. So if it's an isolated event, I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens again, then start by restoring the firmware using iTunes and see if that fixes it. If it still locks up then it's likely a hardware problem and you should take the phone back to the supplier and get them to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...