2012 Yamaha Nouvo Sx. Anyone Own One?

schnazzy

Anybody have a sense of the used/resale value of these bikes? I'm thinking about selling my SX. Mag wheel version (bought for 59.5k iirc) . . . Aged 11.5 months, 5,700 km, great condition, no accidents.

Any idea what this would reasonably be worth if I sold it now?

35-40,000 Baht imo

Thanks for your answer. Given that I paid about 60k and the bike seems to be selling for 61k now, I was hoping 45,000 baht was a reasonable expectation for just 5700km, but if you're right, that's too much to wish for. I'd be taking a big depreciation hit, over 33% in less than one year. Maybe people don't want to buy used unless they can save at least 20k.Thanks for answering.

I bought a SX with 8,500km on it, one year old, for 38,000 Baht. I bought from at a dealer, with some warranty, new oil and inclusive transfer to my name. They did all paperwork for me, a very comfortable buy. So i guess it will be hard to get your 45,000, but of course you can try. It may also depends on where you live and whats the demand in your area. I bought in Bangkok.

Wantan, that's the kind of anecdote I was hoping for, thank you. With approaching 6000km, I doubt mine would be worth much--if any--more than the 38k you paid for yours, so it seems like 35-40k is the target range. Thanks for this information.

I really depends on your location...I'm in CM and I just put my 1 year old Nouvo for sale here for 43K...hope it will sell around this mark... smile.png

I am too, and will be very curious to know if you end up selling it for that--do you mind following up with us to say what it sells for? I'm still a few months from selling and leaving leave full-time residence in Thailand, so I won't be competing with you. :)

Just keep it.

Ha! Why keep it if l'm leaving?

I agree it would be worth keeping if I remain in Thailand full-time, but I'm probably not going to, so I'd just as soon unload it rather than deal with keeping tabs on it when I'm not around.

I'm trying to decide between buying a Honda Click 125i and the Nouovo SX, and I like the seat release button on the dash of the Click. Does the Yamaha have this feature too? I haven't been to look at them yet, but have been reading reviews.

• 5 months later...

i have now been driving a nearly new nouvo sx for a couple of days and find it sluggish, both in acceleration and top speed.

i usually drive a nouvo elegance 135cc, but the sx was supposed to have more torque, so i'm surprised be its poor performance.

does the engine of the sx need to be tweaked to get full performance?

• 1 month later...

My original wheels had wire rims. Then I upgraded to mag wheels which I got from my Yamaha dealer and new tubeless tires. However, there were some stability issues with the new tires and that's when I decided to upgrade to the Michelin Pilots one size larger. That being said, my friend Ross is about to order new mag wheels for his Elegance (it has 34,000 kilometers on it) and he's going to get IRC tires in the original size, 70/80 on the front and 80/90 on the rear. Mine are 80/90 front and 90/90 on the rear. The price he just got was 8000 baht for the new mag wheels plus the IRC tires. He got a bid from Maxxis on Sukamvit Road for 2400 baht for the Michelin Pilots in the larger size like mine, but he neglected to get a bid there on the mag wheels as well. The 8000 baht bid came from the Honda dealership in Naklua. Both of us really like this dealership and have a lot of confidence in the Thai man who I believe is the manager. If it were me, one way or the other I'd insist on getting the larger Michelin tires even if I had to drive down to Maxxis, pick up the tires and have Honda order the rims, and put the new tires on while they were replacing the rims. But that's me. I want the best. After all it's only my life that's riding on the tires.

I look at it this way. 8000 baht is around $260.00. Over the course of two years that's only $130 a year. If one is upgrading only the tires that's 2400 baht which is $80.00 or $40.00 a year. People won't hesitate about spending a lot more than that for a new stereo for his car, but when their lives are on the line, many people will pass on the improved tire setup while forgetting that it's just the rubber on two wheels that attach them to the pavement. This is chump change.

Its time to put new tires on my Elegance and I like the idea of going a bit wider like you did Jack. I have been to the Michelin Pilot Sporty website and it looks like the sizes 80/90 & 90/90 -16 are not available anymore.

Can you or anyone else point me in the direction to find these tires or something similar? I'm in Phuket but I don't mind ordering by post. These sizes don't seem very common when I do a search for them. I would like to stick with tubeless as I almost never had to put air in them but now I've picked up a nail on the rear and want new ones.

Thanks, I could not find my size on the website but I'll give them a call next week and see if they can help me.

Still welcoming other suggestions too...

Michelin Pilot Street 80/90-16 (replaced the Pilot Sporty). i got mine from "Ek Paiboon Yang Yont" (02) 222-7535, (02) 223-4678 speak to Khun Pairoj, paid 930 Baht each back in Sept 2014 plus 100 Baht freight

Thanks, I could not find my size on the website but I'll give them a call next week and see if they can help me.

Michelin Pilot Street 80/90-16 (replaced the Pilot Sporty). i got mine from "Ek Paiboon Yang Yont" (02) 222-7535, (02) 223-4678 speak to Khun Pairoj, paid 930 Baht each back in Sept 2014 plus 100 Baht freight

Thanks for that. Did you get that size for the front or rear. For my Elegance 80/90-16 is the factory recommended size for the rear tire. I am considering going 80/90-16 front and 90/90-16 rear. How do you like them compared with the stock IRC tires? I'm guessing you have the same bike right?

Thanks for that. Did you get that size for the front or rear. For my Elegance 80/90-16 is the factory recommended size for the rear tire. I am considering going 80/90-16 front and 90/90-16 rear. How do you like them compared with the stock IRC tires? I'm guessing you have the same bike right?

i've got an SX. same tyre sizes from factory as the Elegance; rear 80/90-16, front 70/90-16. what you need to check is the rim sizes, on the SX it is 1.6" front and rear, which enabled me to put the 80/90-16 on front and rear. maybe the Elegance has a 1.4" front rim, so squeezing a 80/90-16 on is not recommended. Easy enough to change the front rim to 1.6" if you want.

Yes, a better tyre than stock.

You running mags or conventional spokes?

90/80 rear serves me well on the rear...better clearance vs 90/90.

Edited by papa al