2012 Yamaha Nouvo Sx. Anyone Own One?

schnazzy

Looking for people who either own one or ridden one for at least a few weeks. Liked my MX 110 carb and the click 110 FI is smoother. So I am wondering if this is the best of both worlds.

I have already read the posts on "my friend has one", etc. Looking for actual owner comments. And especially where you bought it and the cost. Seems that in Pattaya it is 60.6k baht all up (with 2 year theft) Thinking Naklua or Sri Racha is cheaper.

So....

How long have you owned it?

Where did you buy?

How much (all taxes, insurance, plate, theft)?

How many miles now?

Any issues with it?

What color combo and rims?

Any other comments?

If we can keep this on topic and off of the Elegance or PCX that'd be cool, those are great bikes but off topic.

Thanks.

Tell you were to go to get one. You could go out to Bo Win on 331. The bike shops out there are much better on prices.

Or alternatively you should stay on 331 till you get to Cambodia. Only US$1280 over there!

Edited by BSJ

Im not saying it's a better bike, but for all round value for money the new Click 125 is probably your best bet.

I've seen a few guys on here singing the praises of the new Click but I can't recall any for the new Nouvo sx, it does look nice though.

go rent one as it will be easier then answer all your ?ss

I do appreciate the attention and the time you spend to try to help with your response but renting one will not answer my questions. Which were...

Where did you buy?

How many miles now?

Any issues with it?

Any other comments?

Im not saying it's a better bike, but for all round value for money the new Click 125 is probably your best bet.

I've seen a few guys on here singing the praises of the new Click but I can't recall any for the new Nouvo sx, it does look nice though.

In regard to the click 125 I am aware that it exists. I haven't riden it. It does seem to have more space under the seat than the 110cc. However it has one shock, same as the 110 and I don't think 1 shock is for me.

Tell you were to go to get one. You could go out to Bo Win on 331. The bike shops out there are much better on prices.

Or alternatively you should stay on 331 till you get to Cambodia. Only US$1280 over there!

Thanks for the Bo Win comments. Since I won't be living in Cambo for the forseable future... that doesn't help.

I do appreciate the attention and the time you spend to try to help with your response but renting one will not answer my questions. Which were...

Where did you buy?

How many miles now?

Any issues with it?

Any other comments?

I think, you won't get many more answers, because just nobody cares about it.

It is just another 125cc Scooter, brandnew anyway, so what issues do you expect?

Ask the same questions in two/three years.

No matter which bike you buy nowadays, they all drive well and its just a matter of taste.

+1

However it has one shock, same as the 110 and I don't think 1 shock is for me.

Don't like it? Don't buy it!

You want a "two shocks bike"? Buy a Nuovo SX, not many alternatives around rolleyes.gif

Edited by Turkleton

Well if you only want two shocks then get the Nouvo as there is nothing else in that range that has two. (actually I'm not sure about Suzuki)

I've not heard any complaints though about the Click having only one shock. Most big sports bikes have only one.

+1

+2!!!! hahahaah

Well if you only want two shocks then get the Nouvo as there is nothing else in that range that has two. (actually I'm not sure about Suzuki)

I've not heard any complaints though about the Click having only one shock. Most big sports bikes have only one.

I am on the click 110 and my friend has had the 110 and now has a 125. He has said it is basically the same bike with more power and a bit more room under the seat. Whats funny though, I have 1 friend with the 125, a few with the pcx but then most are on Yamaha's and most bikes I see parked in the places I go are yamahas (spark, nouvo, elegance).

Thanks for all the replies so far. I just wish someone who actually owns one would speak up. I have actually not seen one on the road. I am not too concerned about that because it is fairly new.

Edited by schnazzy

Here i will do more leg work for you. I just can not read for you too. A simple search will provide you with about 300 opinions...

http://www.thaivisa....vo#entry5349331

Thanks for the link. I did search TV for "Nouvo SX" and came up with quite a bit of reading of very little value... The threads went off topic quickly (tires, fueling planes, PCX fanboys, speculation (was going to be 135cc), scoopies are ugly, tubless tires are awesome, etc. etc) and that is why I started this thread for people who actually own one etc.

Funny about that link, it was actually looking at getting an Elegance and the link to the thread you sent (different pages) was I think the one that let me know where was something new (the SX).

I know I rarely post here so I look like a newb and that's fine. Again thanks for that link (altough a dupe for me).

I won't be buying one until late this week (or the week after) as I need to get a new Residency Cert. So I have time to think a bit and see what else pops on TV.

I thought I wanted the black and yellow but the silver/white purple (purple on the handlebars) is starting to grow on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a Nuovo SX in Bangkok this week. Does anybody know if GIVI or another manufacturer makes a rear luggage rack for it yet. I have a GIVI setup on my old bike that I bought at one of the Bangkok motor shows years ago.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have had a nouvo sx for nearly a month now.

I purchased it at a shop in my road next to the railway tracks suk soi15, 57.500B all in, plates, tax, gov insurance, etc.

I have had a Fino for the last 4 yrs and enjoyed it, 45,000 klm's trouble free, passed to my Daughter who is now riding it to school.

I found the riding position a little high, and had the seat foam shaved down an inch or two, feels allot better for me now, although I have sacrificed a little on the rear end comfort.

I think it is a great bike, I will upgrade the tires though.

The best thing has got to be the fuel economy, and the live economy display, which really kinda makes you drive it more economically. On a smooth clear run into Pattaya and back it is possible to get 47/48 klm'sl, on a tank though 43/44 is the best you can reasonably get, without riding it like a granny. The one feature it is really missing is this engine cut off feature, this becomes obvious when you have an average FE of 47 sit at a set of traffic lights for a few mins, pull away and this instantly drops back to 46.

Apart from that it drives nice is very smooth, the headlight is great.

The click 125 is probably the more practical for shopping etc (I still have the Fino for popping to 7 for beer etc), don't know about the fuel economy, but the click does have the engine cut feature.

I bought the nouvo on looks as much as anything else, but it is a very nice ride.

I Like it smile.png

• Like 1

I don't really do any long runs. The tank is 4.3L so you would be looking at a range of around 180-200 klm's.

Again I believe the click 125 has a somewhat larger tank. Think I read someone say range was around 250 klm's on that.

On paper apart from the rear shocks, the click 125 is probably the better bike, but, I like the look of the nouvo sx and there are not so many of them around.

Edited by kevkev1888
  • Like 1

As it happens, I had the new Click-i 125 and traded it for the SX. The Yamaha is fast, but not so fast as the Click, especially from a stop. On the other hand, the Yammie is (for me) more comfortable in that my knees have more room.

Headlights on the SX are phenomenal. Yes, I miss the auto-off, but for a two minute red have the option of turning the machine off - if I think of it.

The SX has a somewhat longer wheelbase and 16 inch wheels. I'm personally happier with the handling for my uses; better for me on the long straight. I have yet to put the GPS to it, but I do know that the Honda I owned (from new) lied more about speed than anything I've ever seen unless the cable was broken - 11%. Now that the weather's broken, I should have some specific facts to report soon regarding speeds and the speedo. One thing, however, is that I'm getting 45km/l, measured at the pump four times now. (Yes, tank's 4.3) Indicator scares you at first by flashing its last tab when there's a liter left. But run past that and at about .9 remaining the pump symbol itself flashes, meaning that I'm on reserve I guess. I think that the speedo is far more honest that Honda's, but will know more soon when I do some measured testing.

• Like 1

I bought my Nouvo SX about 1 1/2 months ago. I strongly prefer Yamaha over Honda or Suzuki for build and looks and I had a 2010 Nouvo which I liked because it was a bigger sized bike with larger wheels, fatter seat and 135cc. Now, the bike is just 125cc which was a little disappointing and the only color that did not have the wire rims (which I detest) in the black one with neon green trim (on the bike and rims). It still is the same size, tires, seat and still rides the same. The only real complaints I have is I am always getting an Er-1 message and my bike has been in the shop twice for it already. The dealer keeps saying it's a loose cable, but after two times in less than two months, it's starting to irritate me and as someone else has already said, the throttle is a bit touchy. Otherwise, it still a nice bike and much better than any Honda or Suzuki I've come across with the only exception of a PCX.

At 4 K kilometers I've had no error messages. Still getting 45k/l in city driving. My GPS claims that Yamaha lies by about 8% on the speedometer.

Two dealers now have told me that there is no luggage carrier for the SX and that Elegance types (which might have fit) are no longer available from Yamaha. Here in CM, though, I can have a custom one made and add any box I like.

My alloy wheels and tubeless tires require filling much less often than every bike I've had with inner tubes.

Handles very well. I put on a glove at about 40 and experienced no hint of a wobble while my hands were away from steering (ok, I'd tried it before); this was not true of the fast Click-i, which with its little wheels requires more attention. Also, my bike can be set on a speed - say 60 - and it is v. easy to stick to it to measure with the GPS; that is, I find my throttle to be well balanced. Like my Hayate f-i, the SX falls behind the accelerator if I twist it too much - this was rarely true of the new Click-i 125, which as I've written is the fastest 125 I've ridden.

Edited by CMX

I bought my Nouvo SX about 1 1/2 months ago. I strongly prefer Yamaha over Honda or Suzuki for build and looks and I had a 2010 Nouvo which I liked because it was a bigger sized bike with larger wheels, fatter seat and 135cc. Now, the bike is just 125cc which was a little disappointing and the only color that did not have the wire rims (which I detest) in the black one with neon green trim (on the bike and rims). It still is the same size, tires, seat and still rides the same. The only real complaints I have is I am always getting an Er-1 message and my bike has been in the shop twice for it already. The dealer keeps saying it's a loose cable, but after two times in less than two months, it's starting to irritate me and as someone else has already said, the throttle is a bit touchy. Otherwise, it still a nice bike and much better than any Honda or Suzuki I've come across with the only exception of a PCX.

I have had that Er-1 message flash up a couple of times, both times were immediately after starting with the steering on full lock, after straightening up the message disappeared. Will keep an eye on that.

Not sure about the mag wheels and colors comment, all colors are available with wire or mag wheels.

Edited by kevkev1888

• 4 weeks later...

Had mine about 3 months or so... 1400km. seems to get 85-90+mpg based on an average of fuel ups (counting the liters going in but still relying on the odometer). I did ride next to my friends click and they seemed to be exactly the same for kmph so if mine is off, so are some clicks.

I rode against an elegance with a guy about 50lb lighter than me. It's all in who starts off first. but in general the elegance was ever so slightly faster. A pcx 125 seems closer. I prefer mpg to quarter mile times personally. Spoked bikes seem faster than my mag rim bike.

I had them adjust the rear brake and put air in the tires after 3 months. If I would have really known how to adjust the brake I would have done it myself. super easy.

the throttle originally pissed me off cause it was so touch at the little bit of gas, no gas. I don't know if it broken in or I am now just used to it but it doesn't bother me anymore.

I do think it would be nice if there was 158cc kit for this as there is for the elegance but then I think/.... why?

very happy with the bike. The only complaint would be power but my friends new elegance doesn't really seem faster (a bit more torque feeling though).

No er-1 issues etc. I did have teh Avg fuel consumption stay blank for the last half tank of gas in this last run, was going to the dealer, filled it up. and magically it works. Will keep an eye on it.

• 10 months later...

It's been a long time since someone mentioned the Nouvo SX and since the search function told me this is the thread with the most recent activity (but still 11 months ago), I thought I would add my comments.

I bought the SX here in Chiang Mai at the Yamaha dealer on Huey Kaew. I don't have the receipt handy but pretty sure it came out to 59,600 THB with taxes and insurance, for the mag/alloy wheel version (I think spoke would be 2000-2500 cheaper).

Only had it a week before I went out of town for 9-10 days. Came back, started right up. Good sign.

Finished my first tank 2 days ago. 155km before I got too nervous to see what the maximum range would be since I didn't have a gas can with me. I also showed 41km per litre on the first tank. Not sure if that i a first tank quirk, or the fact that I went up and down Doi Suthep once. But now as I get up to about 20 clicks into my 2nd tank, it's showing 43-44, so I will keep an eye on it to see if it lasts. But hopefully it will be 45/litre or better, and I intend for this take to be only normal driving, no mountains til the third or fourth tank. ;)

Love the excellent headlights! I also like the trip meter and fuel efficiency gauges that this bike now has. Those are the to plusses I see, aside from the fuel injected engine. One that note . . . I don't notice that the fuel injected 125cc has any more power than the carb 135cc I bought in early 2010, but I don't think it's less either. It appears I will have 10-20% lower fuel costs than with that the 135cc carb engine. Would those of you have operated both bikes agree?

I got the black color. Get dirty easy. No big deal. It was the least gaudy of the two models in the showroom that day.

Overall very happy with the purchase. Will chime in again when I've had a few more tanks worth.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since someone mentioned the Nouvo SX and since the search function told me this is the thread with the most recent activity (but still 11 months ago), I thought I would add my comments.

I bought the SX here in Chiang Mai at the Yamaha dealer on Huey Kaew. I don't have the receipt handy but pretty sure it came out to 59,600 THB with taxes and insurance, for the mag/alloy wheel version (I think spoke would be 2000-2500 cheaper).

Only had it a week before I went out of town for 9-10 days. Came back, started right up. Good sign.

Finished my first tank 2 days ago. 155km before I got too nervous to see what the maximum range would be since I didn't have a gas can with me. I also showed 41km per litre on the first tank. Not sure if that i a first tank quirk, or the fact that I went up and down Doi Suthep once. But now as I get up to about 20 clicks into my 2nd tank, it's showing 43-44, so I will keep an eye on it to see if it lasts. But hopefully it will be 45/litre or better, and I intend for this take to be only normal driving, no mountains til the third or fourth tank. wink.png

Love the excellent headlights! I also like the trip meter and fuel efficiency gauges that this bike now has. Those are the to plusses I see, aside from the fuel injected engine. One that note . . . I don't notice that the fuel injected 125cc has any more power than the carb 135cc I bought in early 2010, but I don't think it's less either. It appears I will have 10-20% lower fuel costs than with that the 135cc carb engine. Would those of you have operated both bikes agree?

I got the black color. Get dirty easy. No big deal. It was the least gaudy of the two models in the showroom that day.

Overall very happy with the purchase. Will chime in again when I've had a few more tanks worth.

Check my You Tube video but be sure to check out the written review supplied by link from the you tube video. Here you will find fuel economy comparisons as well as acceleration times from zero to fifty kph and zero to eighty kph between the bikes I tested.

You are right on the start up ability of the fuel injection system compared to the Yamaha Elegance with carb. Starting gets laborious after my Elegance sits for as little as 5 days due to gas settling in the carburetor. Upon returning from Hong Kong my gf's Yamaha Filano started right up due to its fuel injection. Nevertheless, so far my Elegance has always started after a fair amount of pushing the starter button.

Nouvo Elegance:

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAubeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAubeatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

The new Mio 125i is the way to go, same engine as the SX, but 10k cheaper

No way. Unless one is willing to accept its limitations. It does not have the larger tires that the Nouvo has and it has only a single shock. I am working on my next review, this one of the Yamaha Filano which I bought for my girlfriend and the upcoming video portion will be a real eye opener as to the effects of smaller tires and its having a weaker shock setup.

I did see it and decided against the PCX, thanks. Are you getting 45 km/ls?

Finished my first tank 2 days ago. 155km before I got too nervous to see what the maximum range would be since I didn't have a gas can with me. I also showed 41km per litre on the first tank. Not sure if that i a first tank quirk, or the fact that I went up and down Doi Suthep once. But now as I get up to about 20 clicks into my 2nd tank, it's showing 43-44, so I will keep an eye on it to see if it lasts. But hopefully it will be 45/litre or better, and I intend for this take to be only normal driving, no mountains til the third or fourth tank. wink.png

Check my You Tube video but be sure to check out the written review supplied by link from the you tube video. Here you will find fuel economy comparisons as well as acceleration times from zero to fifty kph and zero to eighty kph between the bikes I tested.

You are right on the start up ability of the fuel injection system compared to the Yamaha Elegance with carb. Starting gets laborious after my Elegance sits for as little as 5 days due to gas settling in the carburetor. Upon returning from Hong Kong my gf's Yamaha Filano started right up due to its fuel injection. Nevertheless, so far my Elegance has always started after a fair amount of pushing the starter button.

Nouvo Elegance:

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

The new Mio 125i is the way to go, same engine as the SX, but 10k cheaper

Can't really just make a planket statement like this and expect it to be reasonable that there is a one size fits all approach that works.

I would agree with you if one didn't need or want the extra safety provided by larger wheels. If I had a car and only used a scooter to put around the neighborhood or short distances to 7, well maybe. But as it is, this is my only transportation so I want the best I can get. Mio is tiny.