Mitt Romney Chooses Paul Ryan As Election Running Mate

george

Obama has already shown that he cannot work with the other side.

I don't agree. The Republican side has tried to put up roadblocks to everything the Dems propose. Watching parts of both conventions, I came away with opposing principles: The Republican trend to try and <deleted> and dis everything having to do with the Dems. In contrast, I observed the Dems being rather open to working in a bipartisan way. There are exceptions all around, sure, but that was the gist of what I came away with. Former prez Clinton articulated it in his speech, where he mentioned several key legislative milestones, over decades, where he had worked in concert with his Republican acquaintences.

• Like 1

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former prez Clinton articulated it in his speech, where he mentioned several key legislative milestones, over decades, where he had worked in concert with his Republican acquaintences.

Clinton did not start out working with the Republicans. He did terrible in the beginning of his term. Success came when me moderated his positions and met them in the middle. Obama, Polosi and Reid won't do that and that is why things are the way that they are.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Former prez Clinton articulated it in his speech, where he mentioned several key legislative milestones, over decades, where he had worked in concert with his Republican acquaintences.

Clinton did not start out working with the Republicans. He did terrible in the beginning of his term. Success came when me moderated his positions and met them in the middle. Obama, Polosi and Reid won't do that and that is why things are the way that they are.

Clinton moderated his positions because the Republicans took control of Congress in 1994. When Obama was met with a mid-term Republican landslide like Clinton, he didn't become more moderate, he doubled down on partisanship.

Here are some bits from Bob Woodward's new book, "The Price of Politics"...

"
Obama lectured the young Republican: “Elections have consequences. And Eric, I won.” Three days later the president introduced an $800 million stimulus bill."

“Obama had demonstrated that he believed he didn’t need any other input,”
. “The Republicans were outsiders, outcasts. The president and the Democratic majorities in the House and Senate would go it alone. There was no compromise.”

You have to have photo ID to cash a check, rent a room, fly, vote in a Union election and to get into the Democratic Convention in USA. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is not an undue hardship. If someone is too lazy to get such a necessary document, that is their fault.

• Like 2

You have to have photo ID to cash a check, rent a room, fly, vote in a Union election and to get into the Democratic Convention in USA. The Supreme Court has ruled that it is not an undue hardship. If someone is too lazy to get such a necessary document, that is their fault.

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't take the same line if it was 10,000,000 Republican votes at stake though.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't take the same line if it was 10,000,000 Republican votes at stake though.

I seriously doubt if 10,000,000 Republicans might be suspected of being illegal immigrants and have no rights to vote in an election in the US.

Edited by chuckd

That 10,000,000 is more like the Obama/ACORN/Democrat goal of dead voters, illegal alien voters, and ACORN fictional/non-existent person voters. It's all OK as long as they vote for Obama! Here is just one example of the tip of the iceberg. Google "ACORN" and "voter fraud" and you will get to see much more.

• Like 1

I googled Voter Fraud in America and the top two links referred to the same item:

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually non-existent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000. With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Most of the cases of fraud came from registration fraud and absentee ballots, which means Photo ID wouldn't change things anyway.

Did you find something that contradicts this?

• Like 2

Apparently, some Obama voters think Paul Ryan is Obama's choice for VP, Obama is Pro-Choice and Osama bin Laden isn't dead...

Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters

Howard Stern contributors Sal and Richard travel to Harlem to interview Obama supporters and ask them why they are voting for Obama. They did this back in 2008, now let’s see what happens when they do it again in 2012!

• Like 1

I googled Voter Fraud in America and the top two links referred to the same item:

A new nationwide analysis of more than 2,000 cases of alleged election fraud over the past dozen years shows that in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which has prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tougher voter ID laws, was virtually non-existent.

The analysis of 2,068 reported fraud cases by News21, a Carnegie-Knight investigative reporting project, found 10 cases of alleged in-person voter impersonation since 2000. With 146 million registered voters in the United States, those represent about one for every 15 million prospective voters.

Read more: http://www.azcentral...1#ixzz27PeLNBpA

Most of the cases of fraud came from registration fraud and absentee ballots, which means Photo ID wouldn't change things anyway.

Did you find something that contradicts this?

There's more voter fraud then there are people trying to blow up planes with liquid but no one on the planet can take a @#$%@& drink on a plane anymore.

Edited by koheesti

Of course I would. Most people in the USA carry a photo ID and it is easy to get one if you don't.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Voter registration fraud? One word, ACORN.

http://www.rottenaco...ctivityMap.html

http://www.foxnews.c...election-fraud/

Of course it's ok when the left does it, but it's unfair when the right attempts to put a stop to it. How convenient.

And just why would an American be in favor of flooding the polls with shill votes, eh? Me tinks some are losing the plot.

Edited by KeyserSoze01
  • Like 2

Voter registration fraud? One word, ACORN.

http://www.rottenaco...ctivityMap.html

http://www.foxnews.c...election-fraud/

Of course it's ok when the left does it, but it's unfair when the right attempts to put a stop to it. How convenient.

Acorn indeed.

In 2005, the Virginia State Board of Elections admonished Project Vote and ACORN for turning in a significant number of faulty voter registrations. An audit revealed that 83% of sampled registrations that were rejected for carrying false or questionable information were submitted by Project Vote. Many of these registrations carried social security numbers that exist for other people, listed non-existent or commercial addresses, or were for convicted felons in violation of state and federal election law.

In a letter to ACORN, the State Board of Elections reported that 56% of the voter registration applications ACORN turned in were ineligible.

• Like 2

This thread is digressing and dissolving in to voter registration drivel. Let's liven it up.

How about.......ouch! It turns out that prior to a Republican Primary in Iowa in 2011 Romney dumped loads of shares in stem cell research companies and Chinese oil companies amongst others. ouch ouch ouch!

http://www.huffingto...?ncid=webmail18

Edited by GentlemanJim

Big deal - typical Huffington Post slander. The investments were made through the Romney Family Trust. Romney didn't even know what investments were inside the trust.

A blind trust is a trust in which the fiduciaries, namely the trustees or those who have been given power of attorney, have full discretion over the assets, and the trust beneficiaries have no knowledge of the holdings of the trust and no right to intervene in their handling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_trust

From the link:

"Many of these investments were made through the Romney Family Trust, a blind trust run by a trustee. Romney has claimed he didn't know what investments were inside the trust."

Bold and underscoring is mine.

So this is the great businessman that is going to be the savior? He doesn't know what he has invested in? His money is handled through a trust?

Either way, it's interesting that he unloads some contentious investments right before the convention.

• Like 1

From the link:

"Many of these investments were made through the Romney Family Trust, a blind trust run by a trustee. Romney has claimed he didn't know what investments were inside the trust."

That is just unsubstantiated innuendo from the left-wing Huffington Post. This is the actual definition of a blind trust:

A blind trust is a trust in which the fiduciaries, namely the trustees or those who have been given power of attorney, have full discretion over the assets, and the trust beneficiaries have no knowledge of the holdings of the trust and no right to intervene in their handling. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Blind_trust

IN setting up a blind trust, the trust beneficiaries state what the trust may and may not invest in. For example, trusts set up by those with a religious bent stipulate that the trust may not invest in businesses or activities that violate the morality or ethics of that religion - e.g. investing in Durex should one be a rigorous Catholic. Romney would no doubt have called the shots when the thing was set up.

• Like 1

When you can't defend your candidate, then attack the source.

I know what a blind trust is. So this is the great businessman your pinning your hopes on?

Maybe look up "unsubstantiated innuendo" as well as blind trust. He is a politician, so the blind trust is helpful to avoid accusations of conflicts of interest and he has earned over 200 million, so there is little dispute that he is a great businessman.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Here's a new video showing how MSNBC misled (lied to) their viewers about a recent Romney/Ryan campaign stop in Ohio. It's a good thing hardly anyone watches. Although they still beat CNN, go figure...

This is true. The crowd certainly seem to be chanting "Romney, Romney, Romney,,,," and Romney tries to get them to chant Romney/Ryan, Romney/Ryan. At which point, as you can see the photograph above, Ryan raises his hand as if to say "enough Mitt, enough". Now I know that there are those who will try to say that Ryan, his humility overflowing like a muffin top from Wal Mart shopper's jeans, was simply trying to say that Mitt was being too kind; but really what Congressman Ryan's hand gestures show is that he wants nothing to do with the campaign. He's actually signaling that this is Mitt's margin call and he doesn't want any ownership of this flagging stock. Well, that's how I read it anyway.