Clicking On 'View New Content' Opens Chinese Website

QED

As the title says, when I click on this I get diverted to a Chinese website. I can view the forums individually, but not via this button.

Is this a forum problem, or do I have a bug on my computer?

Thanks.

What happens when you click on this link?

http://www.thaivisa....arch_app=forums

Hi Will,

It diverts to the same website. I can post the url, but I don't want anyone else to click on it if it is tainted.

I returned from a business trip to China a few days ago, I think it must be something I picked up over there. All other applications work fine however, so I am confused why this only happens when I click on this button.

The button clearly points to an URL starting with www.thaivisa.com. I am thinking whether some malware on your computer could redirect your browser but have no ideas yet. What's the website you are being diverted to? (Please post only if it does not have questionable content or is other forbidden by forum rules.)

The button clearly points to an URL starting with www.thaivisa.com. I am thinking whether some malware on your computer could redirect your browser but have no ideas yet. What's the website you are being diverted to? (Please post only if it does not have questionable content or is other forbidden by forum rules.)

Hi Tom,

It goes to the link below, but please be careful. No questionable content, I am just worried that the website itself may be the issue. I have never visited this website intentionally btw.

http://tjdnserror4.wo.com.cn:8080/?HOST=www.thaivisa.com&R=/forum/index.php&app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

• 2 weeks later...

There are some, but few, problems like this which are unlikely to be solved via a virus scan.

If you still havent found & removed a virus, one thing you can try: If you open notepad in administrative mode (right click notepad.exe, 'open as administator') then

File > Open..

a) navigate to Windows folder on main (usually C:) drive, then

cool.png open System32 folder, then

c) open 'drivers' folder, then

d) open 'etc' folder, then

e) from drop down on bottom right hand side, select "all files" (instead of just ".TXT files") then

f) select the file called "hosts". Open it and then copy/paste the contents of that file here..

If you do not see any of these folders/files let me know what version of windows you run.

Also, let us know what DNS servers you use ( up to STEP 5, without actually changing anything) http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/change-dns-server-windows-7/

Edited by OxfordWill