The Duke's Restaurant

Ulysses G.

I have removed my post regarding my experiences at Dukes, along with the following derision and invective aimed at myself personally.

I shall, in future, keep all my opinions and attempts to constructively criticise to myself.

> I have removed my post regarding my experiences at Dukes

Seems the post is still there? Not that I'm eager to see it removed, I think it was excellent reporting. (Even though I like the Duke's and will go there again, there are definitley some points about some dishes that would be worth discussing)

Maybe just edit it a little to not dwell on the nuts suspicion so much? :o And then remove 1bigeater56's snide remark. :D

Also:

> "Dave sat with us and didn't know about p1p's review until my dinner companion

> mentioned it to him when we got there about 10 pm. He didn't get angry or defensive,

> but he did say that he thought it a little unusual that a former and soon-to-be

> competitor should be reviewing a competing business.

When relaying this to Dave, it seems unlikely that it was worded as carefully as p1p put it, with the inititial reservations and emphasizing wanting to help. Yes then it would sound awkward. Besides, when I look at this discussion I see glorious review after glorious review, why the need to dwell on some constructive criticism no matter where it comes from?

Cheers,

Chanchao

Thanks Chanchao.

I made it invisible so, yes, it is still there. I felt I should not abuse my mod's abilities by making irrevocable changes to a topic in which I was personally so deeply involved. I leave the rest to other Mods or Admin.

Ajarn, sorry about your post. It was made invisible because it vaguely referenced preceeding posts. Besides, I didn't want you to suffer due to your spelling mistake there! :o (Unless, of course, they spell the singular of "potatoes" differently over the pond.)

I read your post, I don't think there was anything offensive or misusing your mod position in it.

I was going to say I found the criticism a bit tedious, considering we are talking about a res in Chiang Mai, not NY city, but I won't now. :o

Thanks Chanchao.

I made it invisible so, yes, it is still there. I felt I should not abuse my mod's abilities by making irrevocable changes to a topic in which I was personally so deeply involved. I leave the rest to other Mods or Admin.

Ajarn, sorry about your post. It was made invisible because it vaguely referenced preceeding posts. Besides, I didn't want you to suffer due to your spelling mistake there! :o (Unless, of course, they spell the singular of "potatoes" differently over the pond.)

Since leaving the classroom, I never suffer from my spelling, and neither should you. :D

FACT of the matter P1P you should be rewarded for your decision.

I know that if I have a problem at The Duke's, that Dave and Pin adress it. I talked to Pin, by telephone, about you, and she said she actually talked to you about the condition of the potatoes. I love it when someone can do something there. Forget the Thai Style, Pin gets my greatest reguard.

Fair enough. Maybe we should do a ThaiVisa meet up at Dukes and leave the matter behind us. Quiet enough, spaceous enough, aircon, very good restrooms suitable for changing baby's diapers... Couldn't ask for much more. In the other post the 24 March bar crawl only started at 9pm, so would be great to start 7-ish or so at Duke's ? And if we find anything nut-related then I'll don my biohazard protection suit and dispose of it safely in the river across the road. :o

I talked to Pin, by telephone, about you, and she said she actually talked to you about the condition of the potatoes. I love it when someone can do something there. Forget the Thai Style, Pin gets my greatest reguard.

I wanted to let this matter lie down and die, however I feel I should set the record straight here.

I asked the waitress if I might speak to the manager or owner of the restaurant about the biscuits, and was told they were not in.

Apart from the waitress, I never spoke to anybody about the potatoes or anything else. She was the only staff member in evidence the entire time we were there.

I know that if I have a problem at The Duke's, that Dave and Pin adress it. I talked to Pin, by telephone, about you, and she said she actually talked to you about the condition of the potatoes. I love it when someone can do something there. Forget the Thai Style, Pin gets my greatest reguard.

Seems this sycophant is revealing his true colours here. At least he admits in this post that there CAN be problems at Duke's!

• 2 weeks later...

Beats me how this got re-opened.. Will re-close. :o

(By the way: Closing a topic does NOT mean there is/was something wrong with the topic or with the posters or participants in the discussion. It merely means it ran its course and went off-topic a bit, so we're moving on.)