Thai Senator Kills Cousin In Hotel Gun Accident

webfact

Apart from all the crap written in previous posts,what the hell was he doing with it there in the 1st place with it being loaded and all.

Indeed - how many people do you know who would take a loaded Uzi to a mother's day family dinner at a restaurant? And then decide to unload the ammunition at the table ??

what i saw on the telly it looked like a imi jericho not a sub machine gun this senator must be typical ignorant cowboy even with one in the chamber he would have to pull the trigger to shoot either he lacks training or highly drunk i would not have this idiot representing in the senate.

rip to his lady cousin the man would have the guilt the rest of his life and more what a fool

Thailand; one step forwards to gaining international respect as a developing country, three steps backwards for every day that goes by with mention of schmucks like this and their antics.

No mention of the grief stricken members. The word "grief" was not even hinted at. No grief, or grief is less important than making fast excuses for this asshol_e, who clearly does not understand how to handle a deadly weapon and decides to bring it into an environment where children are probably present. Good thing the bullet wasn't a through and through and into someone else at such close range.

You cannot write this stuff.

What are the odds that down the track, there will be a " manufacturing defect" found in the weapon.
  • Like 2

A cautionary tale indeed.

So the next time you are at the dinner table and your host just happens to place a loaded sub machine gun on the table in front of you remember to ask him two things first. Did you recently piss him off and is the safety catch on.

You know it makes sense.

RT @RichardBarrow: CONFIRMED: The Thai senator accidentally shot someone with a Jericho 941 pistol and NOT a "Uzi 9mm sub-machine gun"!

RT @RichardBarrow: Now we only need to confirm whether the Thai senator shot his secretary, cousin or his wife.

Stand by for the next clarification - it didn't happen, everyone involved must've imagined it. :(

• Like 1

It's a shame that none of the restaurant staff or other guests had the balls or even common sense to ask him to put the gun away or call the police when he had it on the table.

And then also be accidentally shot ...? Which they surely would have been .... after all being partially paralysed could have done this much damage having his fingers stuck on the trigger.... what a load this sad story is and how gullible people are to just go along with this total rubbish ... OYE!! And what is this ""Boonsong, who is now protected by parliamentary immunity."

So if you are a member of parliament you are fully protected against any judicia charges no matter what you do ..?? So you can kill, rob, blackmail whatever and be protected..?? Is his for real ...??

It's a shame that none of the restaurant staff or other guests had the balls or even common sense to ask him to put the gun away or call the police when he had it on the table.

And then also be accidentally shot ...? Which they surely would have been .... after all being partially paralysed could have done this much damage having his fingers stuck on the trigger.... what a load this sad story is and how gullible people are to just go along with this total rubbish ... OYE!! And what is this ""Boonsong, who is now protected by parliamentary immunity."

So if you are a member of parliament you are fully protected against any judicia charges no matter what you do ..?? So you can kill, rob, blackmail whatever and be protected..?? Is his for real ...??

Unfortunately it IS because it's Thailand where high status people get away with murder, corruption as all "their mistakes" can be rescinded into a "status face saving farce"...

... Admitting mistakes? In the world of Thai high society??? You must be joking...

• Like 2

Unfortunately it IS because it's Thailand where high status people get away with murder, corruption as all "their mistakes" can be rescinded into a "status face saving farce"...

... Admitting mistakes? In the world of Thai high society??? You must be joking...

right - and it happens in the highest places whistling.gif

I have serious troubles believing that he mistakenly fired the Uzi. I'm a Belgian police officer (former Royal Gendarmerie) and the UZI was our standard submachine gun and we still use it on a regular basis at shooting training. Contrary to what KhunMoo thinks of it as an inaccurate weapon, I can prove to him and others here that you'd better not stand in my way at lets say even 30 meter. I shoot 25 rounds, 9 mm in a 10 cm² (single shot).

In order to fire this weapon there are a number of actions required :

- a loaded magazine locked in place...

- a fully pulled back bolt...

- the hand squeezing the grip has to firmly push in the grip-safety...

- pull the trigger...

Then and only then a shot will be fired and the Uzi will repeat it's cycle for the next round automatically.

Furthermore : he Uzi has 3 positions :

S(afe) : no round can be fired

A(utomatic) : all rounds can be fired as long as the conditions mentioned above are met.

R(epetition) : a single shot can be fired, the Uzi will be set to fire a next round each time the trigger is pulled and the other conditions are met.

Knowing the weapon quite well after using it for nearly 20 years, it's hard to believe that one can fire it accidentally.

• Like 2

Still many writing wrong from -Uzi Machine Gun-

but it was not a machine gun but a Normal Pistol, which has the "Nickname?" -Uzi Eagle-.

So some of the story is blown out of proportion!

And it was his wife! Accident?

Immunity in Parliament is in many countries normal, nothing special from TH.

If something really bad same that

-accident- happens the Parliament revokes your immunity and the judge should have the possibility to decide.

RT @RichardBarrow: CONFIRMED: The Thai senator accidentally shot someone with a Jericho 941 pistol and NOT a "Uzi 9mm sub-machine gun"!

RT @RichardBarrow: Now we only need to confirm whether the Thai senator shot his secretary, cousin or his wife.

Does it really matter what type of gun was used to kill the lady? This is Thailand NOT America

I've read this post several times and still don't know <deleted> you are talking about and why the reference to the US. Care to elaborate?

• Like 1

'One more quote from Wikipedia: 'The pistol grip is fitted with a grip safety, making it [i.e. the UZI] difficult to fire accidentally.'

But not impossible.......obviously............

Look people........he's a Senator so you ain't never ever gonna hear anything else about it.........................

end of story !!

The last time I handled an Uzi was 40 years ago. I was always feeling bad about that thing. Even with both (grip and standard) safeties on "SAFE" the beast could fire rounds when you dropped it accidentally.

very unlikely. It only would be possible if crucial components of the weapon are really worn out. If that would be the case you seem to have experienced, all I can add to it that your weapon technician has been doing a lousy job.

First, I can confirm that it was his Wife that was killed, her body has been taken to Chiang Mai for an autopsy. (On a side note = this is standard procedure for any farang death in Phrae even death by natural causes). The gun in question was a Jericho 941.

How is this applicable in this case, unless the wife was a farang?

Still many writing wrong from -Uzi Machine Gun-

but it was not a machine gun but a Normal Pistol, which has the "Nickname?" -Uzi Eagle-.

So some of the story is blown out of proportion!

And it was his wife! Accident?

Immunity in Parliament is in many countries normal, nothing special from TH.

If something really bad same that

-accident- happens the Parliament revokes your immunity and the judge should have the possibility to decide.

My observations above only concern handling and firing the submachine gun Uzi and are in no way related to this specific case.

I read an article in a Belgian newspaper wherein a submachine gun Uzi was mentioned. If it's like you state a Uzi Eagle (we know it as the Desert Eagle) than it's a different situation of course.

I'll dig a little deeper in other articles.

added :

The Belgian newspaper does mention : uzi (sub)machine gun

The article on top here mentions : submachine gun Uzi

Edited by stefb1964

I don't know what the big deal is here.. A business man, politician comes home from a hard day at the office, lays his pistol/uzi down on a table in the dining area, it accidently goes off and kills his cousin/wife/secretary. It happens all the time. Hey, accidents happen. Oopps.. Excuse me, pass the bread please.. :-)

Edited by khaowong1
  • Like 1

WHy are we still going on about Uzis. It was established pages back it was not an Uzi.

Quite true Mosha.

Some people just can't be bothered to read the previous posts (#173).

It was established that the weapon in question was actually a Jericho 941 (an Israeli weapon, of course).

WHy are we still going on about Uzis. It was established pages back it was not an Uzi.

Quite true Mosha.

Some people just can't be bothered to read the previous posts (#173).

It was established that the weapon in question was actually a Jericho 941 (an Israeli weapon, of course).

It was asserted by an anonymous poster (who appeared to be authoritative). Has there been subsequent confirmation? This weapon is a concealable handgun, not a submachine gun, btw.

Apart from all the crap written in previous posts,what the hell was he doing with it there in the 1st place with it being loaded and all.

Indeed - how many people do you know who would take a loaded Uzi to a mother's day family dinner at a restaurant? And then decide to unload the ammunition at the table ??

It makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Pic of Senator Bunsong Khowawisarat weeping while attending the body of his wife at Phrae hospital in today's Thairath.

10elgec.jpg

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/283370

The gentleman doing the token effort to restrain the partially paralysed senator looks quiet bored, Why do I get the feeling this is a setup for the camera. My deepest condolences to the victim and her family.

It's a miracle! He doesn't need that wheelchair anymore. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Pic of Senator Bunsong Khowawisarat weeping while attending the body of his wife at Phrae hospital in today's Thairath.

10elgec.jpg

The gentleman doing the token effort to restrain the partially paralysed senator looks quiet bored, Why do I get the feeling this is a setup for the camera. My deepest condolences to the victim and her family.

It's a miracle! He doesn't need that wheelchair anymore. rolleyes.gif

\\

it's Amazing Thailand is what it is

• Like 1

10elgec.jpg

It's a miracle! He doesn't need that wheelchair anymore. rolleyes.gif

\\

it's Amazing Thailand is what it is

It's actually a perfectly timed publicity photo.

the only question here is how many takes were necessary.