Thai Senator Kills Cousin In Hotel Gun Accident

webfact

Thai senator kills cousin in hotel gun accident

Bangkok, Aug 13, 2012 (AFP) - A Thai senator accidentally shot his cousin dead as he tried to put away the 9mm sub-machine gun that he had placed on the table during a family meal, police said Monday.

Boonsong Kowawisarat fatally injured Chanakarn Detkard, 46, when he mistakenly fired the Uzi at a private dining area of the Garden Resort, in Phrae province, northern Thailand, on Sunday evening.

Chanakarn, who worked as a secretary for the senator, suffered a bullet wound to the stomach and died on the way to hospital, according to local police, who said around five family members were at the hotel dinner.

Police said 56-year-old Boonsong, who is the senate representative for northern Mae Hong Son province, will be charged with causing death by negligence. He faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht ($636) fine.

Officials said it was unclear why the senator was armed at the meal.

"From our initial inquiry, the secretary's family will not sue because they were relatives and it was an accident -- he did not mean to do it," a local police officer told AFP by telephone.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-08-13

Standart dinner situation, nothing to write about cheesy.gif

Why the hell carrie a shit gun like a Uzi around? It's as effective as a knife, you can't hit shit with, it unless you stand 2meters from the target, because of the short barrel and high rate of fire...well or of cause, if you fire it, while having dinner with people, you can hit them biggrin.png

• Like 1

Aren't Uzi's categorized as war weapons!

Did he have a license for an Uzi. And more to the point why in hells name would you bring one to a family dinner that is at a restaurant?????

sent from my Wellcom A90+

I would imagine a real law enforcement official could find additional charges to press. This was probably a tragic accident, as reported/claimed but the real tragic part, are the circumstances which put all of the mistakes at the same place for this to ever have happened.

On a positive note, the major affect was to his own gene pool. RIP to the lady.

Why the hell carrie a shit gun like a Uzi around? It's as effective as a knife, you can't hit shit with, it unless you stand 2meters from the target, because of the short barrel and high rate of fire...well or of cause, if you fire it, while having dinner with people, you can hit them biggrin.png

It seems to have been effective enough in this instance by finding its target without any problems.laugh.png

• Like 1

And he is charged with precisely? Nothing? Notthenation strikes again?

When is this country going to learn the difference between criminal and civil legality? You can't just accidentally shoot a relative, friend or mate and leave it up to the relatives to decide whether to prosecute.

Accidental death is accidental death, but it is still death caused in this case by sometimes pea brained behavior. So if you canscare the relatives into not suing you can literally get away with murder??????

He just shot their reli with an oozi...ya reckon that scared them any ?

If you can even bring guns to a private party... Oh,,.....

.…….…,.....

I'm at a loss of words. The richer they are the more careless they become................

So much once more for safety issues in Thailand.

Guns are not supposed to be taken to any kind of party unless you are a professional cop or agent.

But I think that man obviously was really careless...

It sounds like you don't have any first-hand experience of submachine guns. The UZI has a 10.2 inch barrel, i.e. longer than most pistols. I don't have any personal experience of firing the UZI, but extensive experience of the not dissimilar Swedish 'Carl Gustav M/45' ( http://en.wikipedia....arl_Gustav_M/45 ) which has an 8 inch barrel and the same rate of fire (600 rounds/min). To quote Wikipedia: 'The m/45 is fairly accurate up to 200 meters', which I can attest to.

One more quote from Wikipedia: 'The pistol grip is fitted with a grip safety, making it [i.e. the UZI] difficult to fire accidentally.'

/ Priceless

Edited by Priceless
  • Like 1

Why would he need to take such a weapon or any weapon to a hotel for a family dinner. It is clearly obvious that he is not trained or qualified to handle such a weapon. Makes me wonder if it was registered and he licenced