Grass-Fed Beef, Real Wild Fish Etc. Where To Buy?

differentbutsamesame

I'm improving my diet and i'd like to replace the lower quality beef, poultry and fish which i usually buy at tesco or big C with safer alternatives.

Does anyone know where i can find the following in Bangkok?

Grass-fed beef, no antibiotics and no hormones used.

Grass-fed butter

Pastured or organic chicken

Wild fish like salmon, not farmed!

Imported shrimps / squid also not farmed!

In Villa and Gourmet supermarkets they sell Grain and Grass fed Australian beef.

I'm not sure if there have been any antibiotics or hormones used. There may be a way to find out though.

I'll check it out tomorrow. Thank you.

I've found a few other sources as well:

orgathai.com

"Our “CSA Munching Box” is a convenient weekly/monthly subscription service bringing you fresh and healthy organic fruit and vegetables delivered directly to your door!"

Lemonfarm.com

Shama's farmer market

Shama's Farmer's Market is every 3rd Sunday of the month from 09.00 till 14.00. It is behind the Marriott Hotel , between Sukumvit soi 2 and soi 4.

There are a few organic farmers, Urban Tree bio cosmetics, Raitong Organic Farm (rice and vegetables), MicroGreens , vegetarian foodstalls and more !

Aw taw kaw co-op farmersmarket At chatuchak

Seems to be a high-end market with lots of quality stuff

http://tastythailand.com/aw-taw-kaw-bangkoks-organic-fresh-fruit-vegetables-and-seafood-market/

http://www.thaiorganicfood.com/

Thai Organic Farm was founded in 2000. Since 2001, our farm has been certified by Organic Agriculture Certification Thailand, accredited by IFOAM. The farm is located in Rachaburi province. It takes approximately one and a half hour drive to travel to the farm from Bangkok airport.

I think i've also seen some kind of "organic" shop at k-village???

So there's definately some organic vegetables available, but i'm more interested in grass-fed beef and real wild fish like salmon.

• Like 1

Wasn't there a report in the Thai papers a few days ago saying that research showed levels of chemical residue in so called organic vegetables was many times higher than EU limits, and that normal vegetables bought at local markets had lower levels of this type of residue (but still higher than EU permitted levels)??

Wasn't there a report in the Thai papers a few days ago saying that research showed levels of chemical residue in so called organic vegetables was many times higher than EU limits, and that normal vegetables bought at local markets had lower levels of this type of residue (but still higher than EU permitted levels)??

It wasn't any of the certified organic companies, it was a couple of the companies that claim they use no pesticides but don't claim to be organic.

The companies like Adams Organics and Raitong (who do the CSA boxes mention above) are certified from numerous countries around the world are fully pesticide free. You can see and taste the difference.