Coaches

jcowle

The pollution & heat that they kick out is horrendous.

If you're near a few when they are parked up then you get the full benifit as the drivers often leave the engines running to keep the AC running properly.

I don't think that they should be allowed down the small sois nor allowed to drop-off & pick-up as they please on Beach Rd.

Traffic would flow better if they stopped at allocated coach stops on 2nd Road & their passengers can walk the short distance.

If you're near a few when they are parked up then you get the full benifit as the drivers often leave the engines running to keep the AC running properly.

I don't think that they should be allowed down the small sois nor allowed to drop-off & pick-up as they please on Beach Rd.

Traffic would flow better if they stopped at allocated coach stops on 2nd Road & their passengers can walk the short distance.

I find it strange that very few people would hoot and honk (like they would say in NY, London, Sydney, Shanghai) when a bloody coach stops in the middle of a MAIN road like Beach Road to disembark or pick up passengers. Often there is a space for them to pull to the side and get out of the traffic perhaps a few meters before or after where they decided to stop. The Thais are so resigned to the fact that this is an unavoidable issue. Sometimes, I would hoot and hoot and hope that others would join in (and sometimes they do). But I'd stop if nobody joins in because the driver will probably come and shoot me!ermm.gif

Just try to avoid standing where they are parked. TIT

I like seeing them as most of them are painted very cool.

Why should they not be allowed to drive where they want?

Maybe we should just turn Thailand into London then no one would complain?

Totally agree, they should keep out of the small Soi's.

I would already be a big improvement if they would block those buses with only 30% of heir seats filled from entering the city.

?

Didn't get it?

Take a look if you see them driving around in the evenings from event to event, at high speed and breaking every possible traffic rule.

You will notice that less than half of their seats is occupied, and yet there will be anbother 5 buses behind with also half of their seats filled.

So in fact,all the people in those 6 buses in row would easily fit into 10-15 minivans and be much less burden on the traffic flow.

Take a look at the regulations in western tourist cities.In Spain for instance coaches are not allowed in the city centers for at least the past 20 years.

it's astonishing to see the complete lack of any form of traffic management in this city.

On one side of the road you have two or three coaches parked waiting for their passengers

while on the other side you have the Pattaya City team of workers cutting down trees

so all the traffic has to be funnelled through one very narrow lane?

then a bit later on you see another coach on one side with a motorbike food vendors

with trolley coming up alongside the bus the wrong way! Total chaos