Little Slits

Valentine

This is not a troll subject & no doubt could generate a lot of humour. However it is actually about the little slits that are embedded in plastic sachets of tomato sauce, brown sugar for coffee etc.

Recently around Phuket I have found the plastic sachets are missing the little slits therefore making it extremely difficult to open the sachets without scissors or using your teeth which could get messy with sauce spraying everywhere. At one coffee shop they now bring the sugar sachets with slit already cut by the staff. Yesterday the sachets at KFC did not have slits in the side nor could they be opened from the serated edge at the top.

I can only think that the little slit machine at the factory has been malfunctioning because this has been going on for a while.

• Like 1

I can only think that the little slit machine at the factory has been malfunctioning because this has been going on for a while.

Last year's flooding?

Obviously the floods washed away their stockpile of little slits, so they will have ordered more little slits, but these have not been delivered yet. Seems a quite reasonable explanation.

Last year's flooding?

Obviously the floods washed away their stockpile of little slits, so they will have ordered more little slits, but these have not been delivered yet. Seems a quite reasonable explanation.

maybe the floods didn't wash them away but caused them to swell up. and no one wants a big slit.

• Like 1

Perhaps gearing up a new production line for the new packaging, which took 3 years to develop. biggrin.png

Old Ketchup Packet Heads for Trash

The ketchup packet has been around for more than 40 years but many people struggle to open it or skip it to avoid the mess. To solve this, Heinz spent three years designing a better ketchup packet. Sarah Nassauer has details on Lunch Break.

Video here - Wall Street Journal

Perhaps gearing up a new production line for the new packaging, which took 3 years to develop. biggrin.png

Old Ketchup Packet Heads for Trash

The ketchup packet has been around for more than 40 years but many people struggle to open it or skip it to avoid the mess. To solve this, Heinz spent three years designing a better ketchup packet. Sarah Nassauer has details on Lunch Break.

Video here - Wall Street Journal

If the little slit is in place they are easy to open. Reminds me of the tetra pack which we get our milk & juices in, none of them have a decent method of opening although the ones with the round screw on top are better than most as not required to pull out another piece after opening.

Anybody with half a brain knows there's a global shortage of little slits, does nobody read the papers any longer.

This can not go on an on. I demand global movement to recycle the little slits!

Btw. Is using nail clippers to make own slits considered piracy of protected tehnology?

Anybody with half a brain knows there's a global shortage of little slits, does nobody read the papers any longer.

Btw. Is using nail clippers to make own slits considered piracy of protected tehnology?

Send the little slit police..... should be worht a few baht.

No but it's on "The Only Thai's Can Do List".

Edited by starkey_rich

No but it's on "The Only Thai's Can Do List".

There's my work visa out the window.....sad.png

how boring is this forum getting when we are reduced to talking about slits in ketchup packs

Don't worry. There will be another tuk-tuk driver gang bashing of a tourist in the next day or two, which always fires up the forum. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan