Ecuador President Says No Decision Made On Assange Asylum Request

News_Editor

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you guys have against Assange.

He endangered a lot of lives for his own benefit just for starters. This irresponsible sleazoid is in a prison of his own making that he can't leave, which is just what he deserves.

I believe it is more like, he "helped" exposed a small portion of the dark underbelly of the American Government. (Government not the fine citizens) The U.S were hit fairly in the face with the back of shovel. A portion of it's lies and deceit where exposed for all the world to see and the U.S Government lost more face than the entire population of Thailand combined. The Government wants revenge. I would say that the vast majority of those opposed to Julian Assange are Americans, people who are extreemly patriotic and I commend them for thier patriotism but this patriotism can also be a blindfold to reality.

The Ecuadrian Government investigated and assessed his application for Political Asylum from outside the square and found that the U.S Government posed a real and serious risk to Julian's safety. It has done the best it can on humanitarian grounds and provided him with protection from the U.S Government.

I hope my comments do not appear American bashing as it is not my intention and I appologise now to those that find it offensive.

Edited by softgeorge
  • Like 1

Former Australian Diplomat Bruce Haigh says the British will be breaking down 300-years of convention and laws if they choose to storm the Ecuadorian embassy.

"It's extraordinary, and you can only assume the British are acting under huge pressure from the Americans. It just shows how much the Americans want to get their hands on Assange" Mr Haigh said.

http://www.3aw.com.a...0817-24c3s.html

If the tin foil hat fits, wear it.

• Like 1

Former Australian Diplomat Bruce Haigh says the British will be breaking down 300-years of convention and laws if they choose to storm the Ecuadorian embassy.

"It's extraordinary, and you can only assume the British are acting under huge pressure from the Americans. It just shows how much the Americans want to get their hands on Assange" Mr Haigh said.

Are you saying that Bruce Haigh, a former Australian Foreign Affairs diplomat wears a tin foil hat or are you refering to me? If it is me that you are refering to I didn't write that piece I just copied Mr Haigh's statement and left a link.

It has done the best it can on humanitarian grounds and provided him with protection from the U.S Government.

The president of Equador is a leftist.with close ties to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, who has been at odds with the United States. Harboring this fugitive from sex charges is purely political. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Are you saying that Bruce Haigh, a former Australian Foreign Affairs diplomat wears a tin foil hat or are you refering to me? If it is me that you are refering to I didn't write that piece I just copied Mr Haigh's statement and left a link.

It certainly seems as if you endorse his point of view.

Even the Ecuadorians are split according to BBC world news.

1 lot the left wingers like it. Another lot who hate the left wingers dislike the move. The majority,, who the heck is he, and why is he making trouble for our country?

Please look at Australian ABC report on Julian and notice that both women continued to work with Julian until they both discovered he,d scored with both of them. Remember Hell hath no fury like a women scorned. They look easy on the eye and draining ya spuds is the way to go.

• Like 1

Actually, he is evading sex charges in Sweden. That is why he jumped bail.

no there are no charges....he is just for questioning for something that is most probably legal in any other country.

Even the Ecuadorians are split according to BBC world news.

1 lot the left wingers like it. Another lot who hate the left wingers dislike the move. The majority,, who the heck is he, and why is he making trouble for our country?

It has done the best it can on humanitarian grounds and provided him with protection from the U.S Government.

The president of Equador is a leftist.with close ties to Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, who has been at odds with the United States. Harboring this fugitive from sex charges is purely political. rolleyes.gif

there are no charges

And think it would be a Chinese who run into the British embassy and China says they might storm the British embassy.

All that political correct news would run crazy. The European Union and USA would get angry and speak about embargo. All the pudel like Japan, Philippines Saudi Arabia would start barking.

If it is like it is now it is small in the news......That is also something to think about.

This whole crusade against Assange is actually the real POLITICAL thing in all this.

Well done, the Ecuadorian government, for saying yes to his application.

Agree - but maybe a monetary incentive involved as well

You keep raising "Sex Charges" in every post. There are no sex charges even the swedish government says this, they want to ask him a few questions about alleged sexual offences. It would have been cheaper and less time consuming to simply fly a detective to England and speak to him, then they could have formally charged him if they were that concerned. What is alleged to have happened in Sweden is an entirely different topic.

This topic is about Assange applying for and being granted Political Asylum on the grounds that he faced persecution and death at the hands of the U.S Government. Something that was found to be very real by the Ecuadorian Government who investigated the claims.

• Like 1

they want to ask him a few questions about alleged sexual offences.

Get real. Sex offences that he is accused of committing. He jumped bail and had to ask Ecuador to grant him amnesty from both Swedish and British law enforcement. That is what the topic is about.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I would suggest a tin foil hat would fit both the author and anybody that believes it, particularly when it is a politician making the statement.

Sex offences that he is accused of committing which is why he jumped bail and had to ask Ecuador to conceal him from both Swedish and British law enforcement.

Being accused of something is niether an admission or finding of guilt.

Ecuador DID NOT CONCEAL him it was public knowledge from the very 1st minute that he was in the embassy, they have made no attempt to hide him simply provided a refuge until his application for asylum was assessed.

He asked Ecuador for Asylum from the U.S and that is what Ecuador granted him not for sexual allegations. Have a look at the statement from the Ecuadorian foriegn minister as to why he was granted asylum, it does not say "We granted him asylum because swedish police wanted to speak to him. It was granted because he faced persecution and death at the hands of the U.S Government.

• Like 1

I would suggest a tin foil hat would fit both the author and anybody that believes it, particularly when it is a politician making the statement.

Would that include the American Politicians who were exposed by Julian Assange and Wikileaks or are you simply refering to a former Australian foreign affairs politician who had suspicions about U.S motives involving Assange.

I guess that Ecuador have the same feelings when meeting with the U.S officials whilst assessing Julians application. They decided they were wearing tin foil hats and not to be trusted so they granted asylum.

Get real. Sex offences that he is accused of committing. He jumped bail and had to ask Ecuador to grant him amnesty from both Swedish and British law enforcement. That is what the topic is about.

yes accused of having sex.....which is legal in every other country

Would that include the American Politicians who were exposed by Julian Assange and Wikileaks or are you simply refering to a former Australian foreign affairs politician who had suspicions about U.S motives involving Assange.

My comment would seem to be rather generic. Why raise the question?

He asked Ecuador to grant him asylum from persecution and possible execution from the U.S not asylum from Sweden. He was granted Asylum on the basis of how the U.S may treat him. He wasn't granted political asylum because a couple of swedish polish were going to ask him a question.

Edited by softgeorge

And now Ecuador is at odds with the UK and Sweden. Way to stick it to the Americans!

yes accused of having sex.....which is legal in every other country

That's an incomplete and misleading over-simplification. You can't just sneak up on a woman with whom you had sex with the night before and tap her while she's sleeping and without wearing a condom. In Thailand they don't mind but try that even with your own wife in the West and you might be sleeping on the couch the next night...OR, on the couch of the Ecuadoran Embassy. ;)

• Like 1

He asked Ecuador to grant him asylum from persecution and possible execution from the U.S not asylum from Sweden. He was granted Asylum on the basis of how the U.S may treat him. He wasn't granted political asylum because a couple of swedish polish were going to ask him a question.

Good to know. If I ever get paranoid without a shread of proof I can always walk into the Ecuadoran Embassy and get asylum! Does that include a free plane ticket? I haven't been to South America yet and would love to go.

It obviously seems that many others including the Ecuadorian government endorse his view as well..

It certainly seems as if you endorse his point of view.

It obviously seems that many others including the Ecuadorian government endorse his view as well.

There is NO THREAT of execution in the USA. Only people on Assange payroll or high, brainwashed college kids would put forth such nonsense. It is becoming tiring and boring so please give it a rest.

Edited by Scott
Deleted Quote edited out