Ecuador President Says No Decision Made On Assange Asylum Request

News_Editor

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth have the alledged sex offences in sweden got to do with him being granted asylum because he was going to persecuted and executed the U.S. The alledged sex offences had absolutely nothing to do with his application or the granting of asylum. Are you totally fixated with sex. You have brought it up at least 30 times over and over and over or are you just trolling? Have a look at his reasons for political asylum and just forget about sex for once it is becomming totally boring.

There is NO THREAT of execution in the USA. Only people on Assange payroll or high, brainwashed college kids would put forth such nonsense. It is becoming tiring and boring so please give it a rest.

i too think there is no threat of execution. but Guantanamo is looming around the corner ermm.gif

this is what they really want to do to Julian....................exceptionally cruel peoplebah.gif

"Manning was awoken at 0500 hours and required to remain awake in his cell from 0500 to 2200 hours," Coombs claims in the motion, adding that he "was not permitted to lie down on his rack during the duty day. Nor was Manning permitted to lean his back against the cell wall; he had to sit upright on his rack without any back support".

The motion also claims that Manning was punished through "degradation and humiliation", notably by forcing him to stand outside his cell naked during a morning inspection. This, his Coombs claims, was "retaliatory punishment" for speaking out over his treatment.

The motion further states that Manning was only allowed 20 minutes of "sunshine call" a day. In addition, he was permitted by guards to take no more than five minutes in the shower. On the rare occasions that he was allowed out of his cell, Manning was forced to wear shackles with metal hand and leg restraints. At least two guards accompanied him at all times.

http://www.guardian....r?newsfeed=true

Edited by midas

Off-topic posts deleted. Further nonsense, baiting and personal remarks will earn posters a suspension.

This topic is NOT about the Swedish judicial system, broken condoms or the US executing him. Whatever you think about all this, it is irrelevant. The Ecuadorian government bought the arguments or some part thereof and granted him asylum.

Let's move on.

How will he get out of the embassy, for example?

Off-topic posts deleted. Further nonsense, baiting and personal remarks will earn posters a suspension.

This topic is NOT about the Swedish judicial system, broken condoms or the US executing him. Whatever you think about all this, it is irrelevant. The Ecuadorian government bought the arguments or some part thereof and granted him asylum.

Let's move on.

I read the police put heat scanner so he can't hide in some box....would be interesting if they put copper plates in a box and something hot, the police opens the box and inside are just diplomatic documents.....Than UK would brake again international law.

Let's move on.

I read the police put heat scanner so he can't hide in some box....would be interesting if they put copper plates in a box and something hot, the police opens the box and inside are just diplomatic documents.....Than UK would brake again international law.

Which specific international law did the UK break before?

Let's move on.

Which specific international law did the UK break before?

Libyan

Syria (there are more less officially special forces fighting there).

Iraq war was most probably the worst, with attacking on base of faked documents.

But there is a zillion more smaller cases....google is your friend....

Supposedly, Assange is giving a news conference "in front" of the embassy on Sunday where the British police can arrest him. There is press speculation that he might be sick of his small windowless room and blow-up mattress already and figures that he is better off facing the music.

Supposedly, Assange is giving a news conference "in front" of the embassy on Sunday where the British police can arrest him. There is press speculation that he might be sick of his small windowless room and blow-up mattress already and figures that he is better off facing the music.

He'll get only a small windowless room WITHOUT internet in USA, so he better keep his nerves.

Some thing like this:

“Assange is going to make a nice bride in prison. Screw the terrorist. He’ll be eating cat food forever.”

“Bankrupt the arsehol_e first, ruin his life. Give him 7-12 yrs for conspiracy.”

"The tools we are using to nail and de-construct Wiki are the same tools used to dismantle and track aQ [Al Qaeda]."

"Big Brother owns his liberal terrorist arse.”

are things that would let me sit some more month in the small room.....

I don't understand what you guys have against Assange. Politicians lie to us all the time to justify the unjustifiable. Most of the journalists are just door mats and are only interested in keeping us distracted between an advertisement for ice creams and one for SUVs. A few guys have the guts to go the extra mile to keep us informed, we should support them.

Woodward and Berstein are considered heroes for having exposed the lies of president Nixon, what is the difference with Assange, except for the scale, Assange being one thousand time more efficient than Woodward and Berstein.

I personally applaud the courageous decision of Ecuador. We were expecting the USA to be the defender of our liberties, at the end we have to thanks Ecuador clap2.gif

What Assange did was plain wrong and probably cost several lives, however the whole episode is laden with irony on so many levels, for instance the current U.S administration has itself managed to leak information to suit it's own agenda on numerous occasions - perhaps they actually want to employ Mr Assange not prosecute him.

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 2

My guess is that on Sunday, the guards will wheel out a big TV screen and there will be a live broadcast from Ecuador with Hugo Chavez seated on one side, Fidel Castro on the other and a picture of Che behind Assange.

Personally, I find the whole saga much more interesting the Olympics.

The Gold medal goes to Ecuador

The Silver to the UK (great effort, but you really didn't have your heart in it)

The Bronze to Sweden.

Now for the doping scandal.

My guess is that on Sunday, the guards will wheel out a big TV screen and there will be a live broadcast from Ecuador with Hugo Chavez seated on one side, Fidel Castro on the other and a picture of Che behind Assange.

The Silver to the UK (great effort, but you really didn't have your heart in it)

The Bronze to Sweden.

And the Scrap Metal medal goes to the US laugh.png

What if the Ecuadorians give him diplomatic status i.e. a diplomatic passport.

I think that the UK gov't still needs to accept his credentials. Otherwise, imagine how many dissidents and spies could get out of any country just by getting a diplomatic passport.

My bet is on him sneaking out through the sewer system. He would be pretty comfortable down there.

No need for that. When WPC Yvonne Fletcher was murdered by an occupant of the Libyan embassy in London, there were no threats to storm the embassy and arrest the suspects. They were all given safe passage out of the embassy by the UK authorities and allowed to fly home to Libya. If they can do this for the perpetrators of such a heinous crime, surely they can do it for a suspect of a much lesser ALLEGED crime. Not double standards surely!

What if the Ecuadorians give him diplomatic status i.e. a diplomatic passport.

That has already been discussed earlier in the thread. First his legal problems pre-date any appointment and are in no way related to his diplomatic status, whatever that might be. Secondly, the UK does not have to recognize his diplomatic status. His credentials would need to be presented to the Foreign Ministry for approval. I doubt they would approve it.

The Bronze to Sweden.

And the Scrap Metal medal goes to the US laugh.png

I have yet to see where the US even entered the race, except in the very vivid imaginations of a lot of people. I am not sure they even have a cheerleading squad

• Like 2

My bet is on him sneaking out through the sewer system. He would be pretty comfortable down there.

No need for that. When WPC Yvonne Fletcher was murdered by an occupant of the Libyan embassy in London, there were no threats to storm the embassy and arrest the suspects.

They were legitimate embassy personel. Assange is a foreigner avoiding arrest by the British and is not covered by diplomatic immunity.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Let's move on.

It isn't the fact it's a heat source, it would have to be roughly body shaped, and at the correct temp. Oh and fool blood hounds.

With all the threats of terrorism etc.. Those kind British authorities should put an X-ray scanner outside the embassy and insist on scanning everything.

Some high powered x-rays and no country is going to want him hanging around. He'll be to charged for living in the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

No need for that. When WPC Yvonne Fletcher was murdered by an occupant of the Libyan embassy in London, there were no threats to storm the embassy and arrest the suspects.

They were legitimate embassy personel. Assange is a foreigner avoiding arrest by the British and is not covered by diplomatic immunity.

He sought Political asylum to be protected from the U.S. and that is the sole reason for it to be granted. He did not apply for asylum to avoid arrest. Research the reasons why Ecuador granted him asylum.

Edited by chooka

No need for that. When WPC Yvonne Fletcher was murdered by an occupant of the Libyan embassy in London, there were no threats to storm the embassy and arrest the suspects. They were all given safe passage out of the embassy by the UK authorities and allowed to fly home to Libya. If they can do this for the perpetrators of such a heinous crime, surely they can do it for a suspect of a much lesser ALLEGED crime. Not double standards surely!

You do have a point; I suspect a calculation was made that storming the embassy of an Arab nation might lead to multiple embassy hostage situations facing the UK across the middle east. I suspect Latin American solidarity does not stretch that far.

Maybe he is not even in the embassy anymore. Do people actually know for a fact (ie pics, video) he's in there. He probably knew things would get tougher after asylum granted, and could calculate making a move would be better earlier. It is very tricky if you dont even know where the target is.... 6 more months goes by and is he even in there they may ask themselves.

My guess would be that if he arrives in Ecuador, the Ecuadorian gov't will announce it. Unless one or both countries involved in this stand-off wishes to provoke an incident, they would just as soon move on.

He could have been smuggled out of the embassy (although it's unlikely) and he could be sitting on some boat in international waters making it's way to Ecuador.

People always make the mistake of thinking other people are stupid. Assange knew things would tighten after granted asylum, he knew the time to go was before. He has the friends, funds support to pull something like that off. How good a story would that be.

Edited by meand

An excellent and very thought-provoking interview with the person whose circumstances were at one time most similar to that of Assange

Very good interview. There are some, not very nice people in this world and I do not mean Julian or the citizens of the U.S.