Thailand Braces For Tropical Storm 'Kai-Tak'

webfact

Meteorological Dept warns of tropical storm Kai-Tak

image_201208161720432EF30A64-F348-D9DC-549830CA6AE9AD50.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 17 -- The Meteorological of Thailand on Thursday warned that tropical storm "Kai-Tak" is moving to China's Hainan province and could cause heavy rain in the north and northeastern regions of Thailand.

In its first warning issued Thursday, the Meteorological Department said as of 10am that Kai-tak was 550km east of Hainan with sustained winds about 110km per hour and is moving west at a speed of 20km per hour.

It is expected that the storm would make landfall over Hainan on Friday and would affect Thailand with heavy rain in the north and northeastern provinces today through Saturday.

The southwest monsoon prevailing over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will intensify and cause more rain Thursday through Saturday, the department said. Strong winds and high waves are likely in the Andaman Sea and in the Gulf of Thailand. All ships should proceed with caution. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-17

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get ready for another flood?? Oh btw,... Hello!!!!!!!. Did Yingluck and her team actually start with their so called mega projects ? Or are they still negotiating who gets the best monetary share??

I haven't seen the mega flood highway yet. Maybe it's being built underground.

• Like 2

I work at the Hitec Industrial Estate, and we are told the dyke will be over 90% complete by November before the floo....oh wait, dam_n! ermm.gif

How will your logistics function when you become an inverted aquarium?

Will the staff have canoes?

• Like 1

I work at the Hitec Industrial Estate, and we are told the dyke will be over 90% complete by November before the floo....oh wait, dam_n! ermm.gif

We still have the canoes from last year.

In all seriousness, the dyke is to protect our capital more than anything. We have a site in Malaysia which has been set up to take over regional production should another flood occur. Still, if it did happen, that would pretty much be the end of all industry in north Bangkok/Aydudhya region.

• Like 1

We still have the canoes from last year.

In all seriousness, the dyke is to protect our capital more than anything. We have a site in Malaysia which has been set up to take over regional production should another flood occur. Still, if it did happen, that would pretty much be the end of all industry in north Bangkok/Aydudhya region.

Well the best of luck to you.

Nobody has to worry as Yingluck has promised us that 'there will be no floods in Thailand' this year - which is comforting in deedthumbsup.gif !!

It's gonna be a disaster if another flood happens, and that means more mass protest against the Yingluck government!!!

Imagine if everybody, every shirt color rages against their own government. .…

Also, did the government pay last year's flood victims compensation already? Or did they even care? What if a flood happens EVERY year and the victims never get compensated? If those. Ictinus complain, will they be shot dead-silenced???

Just out of interest, has anyone actually seen with their own eyes any real investment into flood control in Thailand this year? I've hardly heard about any let alone seen any.

The SMART Tunnel in KL came under some abuse recently when a river not mitigated by the tunnel burst it's banks and the flooding returned briefly. However, my experience of KL over the last decade is that this tunnel has had a massive impact not just upon flooding but also upon traffic congestion.

With Bangkoks roads being a gridlock most of the times, there is a very large case for a similar tunnel system from the north of the capital right until the south with various offshoots delivering motorists into and from the centre as well. However, it will never happen. It would take 8+ years to complete and all of the politcians who would get richer from the bribes are looking for a quicker payday than that. Also, it would be built by firms who only win projects through graft and I for one would not want to be in a tunnel built by that calibre of firm who needs to cut material costs to soak up the bribes they have to pay.

Prediction - Flood October / November. Coup February. Elections September. Floods (blamed on the previous government) October and November. Protests and riots. Elections. New prime minister declares Thailand a Hub of something 2000 times.

Yes, aren't we lucky that AV's government made so much progress in flood prevention after the 2010 floods. Also it was good of them to let dam levels reach dangerously high levels just before handing over the reigns.

http://www.thaivisa....ter-management/

Have a read Mr Bird Poo.

Shows that he is talking 'a load of bird poo' - doesn't it!!! cheesy.gif.

• Like 2

Prediction - Flood October / November. Coup February. Elections September. Floods (blamed on the previous government) October and November. Protests and riots. Elections. New prime minister declares Thailand a Hub of something 2000 times.

Yep!!!!! The cycle never stops... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

Yes, aren't we lucky that AV's government made so much progress in flood prevention after the 2010 floods. Also it was good of them to let dam levels reach dangerously high levels just before handing over the reigns.

Sorry to tell you this but it is 2012 and Yinglock is on her on regarding floods.

There probably won't be serious floods this year, so the walls won't be needed ... And therefore won't be finished ... And therefore, when the next floods do arrive, will be useless.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Just out of interest, has anyone actually seen with their own eyes any real investment into flood control in Thailand this year? I've hardly heard about any let alone seen any.

The SMART Tunnel in KL came under some abuse recently when a river not mitigated by the tunnel burst it's banks and the flooding returned briefly. However, my experience of KL over the last decade is that this tunnel has had a massive impact not just upon flooding but also upon traffic congestion.

With Bangkoks roads being a gridlock most of the times, there is a very large case for a similar tunnel system from the north of the capital right until the south with various offshoots delivering motorists into and from the centre as well. However, it will never happen. It would take 8+ years to complete and all of the politcians who would get richer from the bribes are looking for a quicker payday than that. Also, it would be built by firms who only win projects through graft and I for one would not want to be in a tunnel built by that calibre of firm who needs to cut material costs to soak up the bribes they have to pay.

All timed to coincide with the new airport for Samui and the Thai Formula one !

More rain forecast in North, Northeast due to impact of Kai-Tak

image_2012081711400532E18A50-AF86-39C3-F74139A15757ECDD.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 17 - More rain has been forecast for the north and northeastern regions of Thailand due to the impact of typhoon Kai-Tak which approached China's Hainan on Friday morning, according to the Meteorological Department.

The department said in its fourth warning advisory, issued Friday morning that as of 4am typhoon Kai-Tak, was 200km east of Hainan with sustained winds about 120km per hour, and was moving west-northwest at a speed of 25km per hour.

The storm is expected to make landfall over Hainan this morning, increasingly affecting rainfall countrywide with isolated heavy to very heavy rain especially over the North and the Northeast from today through Sunday.

Strong wind and high waves are likely in the Andaman Sea and the upper Gulf of Thailand. All ships are advised to proceed with caution during the next day or two. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-08-17

http://www.thaivisa....ter-management/

Have a read Mr Bird Poo.

Perhaps you should read the link before you post.

What is supposed to be the relevant point in the link you posted which might address birdpooguava's statement?

And also read the rules regarding the use of poster names while you are at it.

• Like 2