Euro Or Usa Xbox 360?

nephilim

Not seen any Euro or US 360s here yet

I was lucky enough to pick up a UK 360 whilst I was there over Xmas

A lot of US 360 games are region free (I bought the US version of Ridge Racer for my 360). Only the games published by MS are region coded

The Japanese games so far are ALL region coded (Checked this myself as I wanted to buy DOA4 last week - only Japanese versions in the shops here)

I am buying my UK games online, shipping them to my UK address and getting my family to remove the packaging and ship the DVD only... will see how soon it gets here

So far the 360 has been fantastic, with none of the crashing or overheating problems I'd heard of. Xbox live games are 90% lag free and Xbox Live arcade is a revalation - it's great to be able to get all these smaller games for such a low fee, espcially since many are multiplayer over live as well.

Went to Saphan Lek this afternoon to see if the had any US or Euro 360s

The stalls there only had Japanese 360s just like everywhere else

Only US Games were the region free US Activision games and there were no Euro games.

Been a year since I was last at Saphan Lek and still don't like the place... OK so I can get PS2 games 30THB cheaper there (50THB a game) but getting there and back is a nightmare of gridlocked traffic.

Will be another year before I go back there!

Just go to Pan Tip and buy a console that is chipped. No worries about regions ever again. :o

Err.... one problem there is no chip in existence for the xbox 360 but good idea.

With regard to the region coding it is not only the Microsoft games that are region coded. For an updated list of whats region free and whats not:

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=9766

That forum also informs you what JAP games are in english.

For buying games for a US or UK console from overseas just order with amazon.com in uk or usa they ship games and dvd's internationally.

If I were to choose UK or US XBOX360 for living in Thailand I would choose UK simply because of the voltage and the requirement for a step down transformer with the US or JAP machines in Thailand.

As of now a replacement Adaptor for the JAP and US machines are not easy to find.

At the end of the day another 2 months tops will have the first generation chips out so it doesnt really matter which version you buy.

I went with the JAP version as most of the games retailers in BKK have it and JAP games in stock.