Shangrila Dinner Buffets

LawrenceChee

Tried the seafood buffet in shangrila today 588 baht and the following was there

- Good Mussel , shrimps and crabs as cold platters ; constant refills

- Hot stations include the usual pad Thai , teriyaki chicken and beer batter fish

- live cooking station of pasta and noodle station

- decent dessert selections and ice creams

Great place to while the night on wednesday or Friday if you have a few hours . Good ambience

• Like 1

Sorry abt the typos ... I meant they kept refilling those items without worries on their costs for the 2 hours I was there

Thanks for the clarification. I had been there once a few years back and that was not the case. It was not a seafood night but they sure held back on filling the serving trays.

I have always liked the shangri la. However I went a few weeks back for this seafood buffet. I was so dissapointed not to mention the high price. 3 years ago all of their buffets during the week were 299 and the quality was top notch.

Now I find the quality has subsided greatly. They tend to re-use dishes from the previous nights. Not everything is fresh.

They did make a chicken tikka marsala that was spot on. However the majority of their dishes were sub par.

If I am going to spend that much money, Ill go to the holiday inn buffet on Sunday.

However, we will continue to go to Shangrila because we just love the atmosphere and the staff are usually so nice.

Sorry to mention in my earlier post ...the receptionist asked if I was a gold member and I said no ...upon paying the bill , they gave me a comp gold card and asked for me to return. The card gives a future discount at all their FB outlets and it was free.

I guess telling them u like to eat at hotel buffets does not hurt at all !