Not All Follow Thammasat University Lead On Cross-Dressing Grads

webfact

I taught at a Thai U for several months. In each of my seven classes, there was at least one katoy, some classes had two, one had three. I see an increasing number of young 'boys' being influenced by older kids / pee chai / TV shows, etc, and becoming effeminate. Thailand must certainly be the 'hub of effeminate men.' I'd estimate over 10% of school boys are headed that direction. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think it's a good trend, or even liberating.

Maybe just coincidence; but every Thai college gal who screws around for extra income, has a katoy acting as an agent. Actually, it's not coincidence, but rather a natural role for effeminate men to fill.

Do you know where I can get info on these girls?

I'm quite serious. I'd love to meat a few.

Hi there. Just following up on this. Any info is most appreciated.

Kind regards,

You might try going to a college or University and just hanging around. When you observe a particularly loud, probably tall young woman, whose hands and feet seem just a tad too big: you might approach that person. If you say, "I'm looking for a lady fren." don't be blown away if she/he acts aghast and brash. Her/him being aghast is an act, whereas being brash is not. If she/he thinks you're cool ('kang' in Thai) then you might make some contacts.

The trick is to act debonair and turn everything in to a joke (practice your ha ha ha's in the mirror, or whatever). Everything they say or do with any real ladies within earshot, is for chuckles and yuks. No exceptions. Public life for them is an endless series of over-dramatic sitcom funny moments.

Edited by maidu

There's a place for Traditions and a place for moving with the times.

This is the start of the Students' adult lives. Their decisions re their sexuality have been made.

Another example of 'finger in the dyke'?

The issue won't go away and will eventually (IMHO) change anyway.

Examples of kathoy are everywhere in CM. Just yesterday I asked a lady at a beauty desk to try to understand what my wife had written down for her cosmetics shopping list. Voice was deeper than I expected - who cares, it's her life?

Aren't there more important things to worry about, than what is worn at a ceremony?

• 3 weeks later...

I taught at a Thai U for several months. In each of my seven classes, there was at least one katoy, some classes had two, one had three. I see an increasing number of young 'boys' being influenced by older kids / pee chai / TV shows, etc, and becoming effeminate. Thailand must certainly be the 'hub of effeminate men.' I'd estimate over 10% of school boys are headed that direction. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't think it's a good trend, or even liberating.

Maybe just coincidence; but every Thai college gal who screws around for extra income, has a katoy acting as an agent. Actually, it's not coincidence, but rather a natural role for effeminate men to fill.

If, as you say, it is "a natural role for effeminate men to fill" (being a pimp) then why is this not prevalent in other countries?

Do I understand that if you as a young boy hung out with older effeminate guys that you would have become effeminate yourself?

You want to meet the meat?

Can't agree more. Call me old fashioned as well. Thats why I have taken my boy out of Thailand now he is at school age. I definitely do not want him growing up as a "woman"

Why so glum? He might meet an older foreigner and find everlasting happiness.

The gentleman could be a surrogate father and provide the unconditional love that he did not have as a child.

What makes you feel that he did not have unconditional love as a child?

• 3 months later...

You want to meet the meat?

"Love to MEAT a few".........................er is that spelling mistake or ?