Obtaining A 60/90 Day Visa In Pattaya.

sultan2011

The last time i was in Pattaya i arrived on a 30 day entry visa then thinking i would have to go on a visa run to Cambodia as i have done in the past i went to a travel agent on Pattaya Klang road but instead of having to do the trip i paid 9,000 baht to the man and left my passport with him for a few days, went back and i had a 60 or 90 day visa stamped in my passport. I was a bit dubious that it might be a fake stamp but it was from Chonburi immigration and all was ok. I have returned this time thinking i would go back to the same shop but it is no longer there. Anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

With the increase in computerization, this type of visa is not a good idea.

Do a visa run.

Yes i understand what you are saying and i was really suspicios & a worried about leaving my passport at the travel agents but i asked if everything was above board and he assured me it was and when it came back it was stamped from Chonburi immigration with a new departure card so thought all must be ok.

Discussion of illegal activity is against forum rules. Please confine your answers to legal options only, thank you.

I didn't realize it was illegal that is why i am asking.

With the increase in computerization, this type of visa is not a good idea.

Do a visa run.

Yes i understand what you are saying and i was really suspicios & a worried about leaving my passport at the travel agents but i asked if everything was above board and he assured me it was and when it came back it was stamped from Chonburi immigration with a new departure card so thought all must be ok.

Asked who? The agent? They are hardly likely to say "no", are they?

If you only have "a 60 or 90 day visa stamped in my passport" rather than either an extension to your original visa (unlikely) or a 60 or 90 day visa (you can't have a choice!) and appropriate exit and entry stamps then you have a problem.