Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So bisexual is normal? What class taught you that in school? I am serious. Or did you figure out all these things on your own? Since behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally teach that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation?

Ist year Psychology - ever heard of Freud?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud's_views_on_homosexuality

Unlike you, I don't copy stuff from internet to make myself seem clever.

lol I see that's 2 posts now you've been cutting and pasting. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_psychology

Every time I open this topic I am treated to interesting (and highly sophisticated) discussions of definitions and semantics.

The ongoing battle over the meaning of the word "normal" is particularly fascinating (although maybe not worthy of all the emotion).

Actually the word "normal" has various definitions and is used in a variety of different ways, as per my (non-LGBT-themed) example below:

I am normal (not a freak) but I have a strong preference for Asian girls, which among my friends is not normal (less than 50%).

I hope this clarification will avoid any further bloodshed.

dont you just love these experts

Yes there appear to be thousands of them posting about ladyboys and gays on Thaivisa. Unfortunately the vast majority of them are neither ladyboys nor gay which makes you wonder where they actually gained their expertise.

• Like 1

this topic is going to be a gay/straight debate. mods move it to the gay section and give us all a rest

There is, I guess for most people, the option of not reading a particular topic. Except for that one scene in Clockwork Orange where the guy had his eyelids held open. Is that your problem?

Some people like whistleblower just aren't comfortable with their own sexuality I think so become uneasy when these kinds of 'debates' are 'out in the open' lol whistling.gif

should be a poll,,,,

is being gay normal,

i know were ide put my money,

just a yes or no

It's normal for me...

Yes, exactly. There are 2 normals being discussed here, one in the statistical sense and one in a social context. The 'normal' in a societal context is a completely subjective construct and only relevent to the individuals perspective. Very few people are left handed; are they considered normal? Even fewer are ambidextrous; are they considered abnormal? The answer for me at least is yes and no. Yes in a statistical sense to both and no in a moral or social context.

should be a poll,,,,

is being gay normal,

just a yes or no

It's normal for me...

Yes, exactly. There are 2 normals being discussed here, one in the statistical sense and one in a social context. The 'normal' in a societal context is a completely subjective construct and only relevent to the individuals perspective. Very few people are left handed; are they considered normal? Even fewer are ambidextrous; are they considered abnormal? The answer for me at least is yes and no. Yes in a statistical sense to both and no in a moral or social context.

Let me get this straight. It is immoral to be left handed or ambidextrous? That is what you said. It is right up there. You did say moral or social context right?

Hell no.

Too much pussies here for u to feel this way.

If u r bisexual, it's all likely u r gay but unwilling to accept it.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

How on earth would you know that? I mean like no Psychiatrist in the history of the world has come up with that conclusion how do you do it? You have aligned yourself opposite the entire medical profession in the world. You must be very smart to know more than all of these other smart people.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

should be a poll,,,,

is being gay normal,

just a yes or no

It's normal for me...

Let me get this straight. It is immoral to be left handed or ambidextrous? That is what you said. It is right up there. You did say moral or social context right?

I meant to write 'Very few people are left handed; are they considered abnormal?'

What I intended to say was; yes it is abnormal in the statistical meaning of the word to be left handed or ambidextrous and no it is not considered abnormal by most people in a social or moral context.

Yes there appear to be thousands of them posting about ladyboys and gays on Thaivisa. Unfortunately the vast majority of them are neither ladyboys nor gay which makes you wonder where they actually gained their expertise.

thats like saying you need to be a woman to be a gynecologist

Well i am not a gynecologist ,but if there are any women out there need help ,i dont mind giving it a go.cheesy.gif

I assume to become a gynecologist, you would need to have some practical experience.

Edited by brit1984

should be a poll,,,,

is being gay normal,

just a yes or no

How about the following poll questions...

Is a preference for Asian girls normal?

Is supporting Liverpool FC normal?

Is being tall normal?

etc...

In all of these cases, less than 50% of the population fits the description, but I assume you wouldn't say that a guy who prefers Asian girls / supports Liverpool / is tall is not "normal". Do you understand?

So any decisions yet ,can coming to Thailand make you bisexual? and by that i mean someone who has never had sex with a man and a woman all of a sudden when coming here start having sex with ladyboys(who are men) as uposed to only having sex with women previously ,who says yes and who says no

In the above, if you change the word 'bisexual' to 'sexually attracted to ladyboys' then you've earned yourself a 'Yes' from me.

I accept that not everyone gets the distinction, but in short it means that he's not going to now be sexually interested in men some of the time when he goes back home. In that sense he is not 'turned' bisexual. But if we can agree the terms as I phrased it above then I'll stick with a 'yes'. wink.png (Without a common understanding and agreement on terms, 'yes' and 'no' become meaningless; otherwise we'd be done by page 2. Much of the debate has been a meta-discussion on the glossary, not on the actual topic of a change in sexual preferences)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

So any decisions yet ,can coming to Thailand make you bisexual? and by that i mean someone who has never had sex with a man and a woman all of a sudden when coming here start having sex with ladyboys(who are men) as uposed to only having sex with women previously ,who says yes and who says no

In the above, if you change the word 'bisexual' to 'sexually attracted to ladyboys' then you've earned yourself a 'Yes' from me.

I accept that not everyone gets the distinction, but in short it means that he's not going to now be sexually interested in men some of the time when he goes back home. In that sense he is not 'turned' bisexual. But if we can agree the terms as I phrased it above then I'll stick with a 'yes'. wink.png (Without a common understanding and agreement on terms, 'yes' and 'no' become meaningless; otherwise we'd be done by page 2. Much of the debate has been a meta-discussion on the glossary, not on the actual topic of a change in sexual preferences)

Sorry but i can only use the word bisexual as a ladyboy is still a man and always will be ,he may feel like a woman ,look like a woman and really want to be a woman even to having his jewels removed ,but sorry he is still a man ,i am not trying to offend but biologically that is what he is.

it's not normal for men to to be sexually attracted to other men. It's now morally acceptable for gays but certainly not normal - I believe around 2% of the population.

Not normal, who says YOU?

Ask yourself this - are you really compatible with women? do you understand them? do you have the same interests? the same way of thinking? the same way of communicating? then tell us which is normal and which is forced ?

If it were normal, then the population of mankind would of diminished within the first few generations.

But this isn't what this topic is about so lets get back to that.

I've seen it with my own eyes, and know of two men that have arrived in Thailand heterosexual,

and decided to have sex with ladyboys, knowing full well what they were doing.

So the answer is yes coming to Thailand can make you bisexual.

But it can also make you many other things too. whistling.gif

I've seen it with my own eyes, and know of two men that have arrived in Thailand heterosexual,

and decided to have sex with ladyboys, knowing full well what they were doing.

So the answer is yes coming to Thailand can make you bisexual.

But it can also make you many other things too. whistling.gif

This is so ridiculous. Do you think their sexual orientation changed just because of some kinky adventures with ladyboys? You are confusing sex actions with sexual orientation. Nothing changed. They were already whatever they were before they arrived in Thailand. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The key point here is that Coming to Thailand enabled them to have sex with an LB,

where as before they arrived they didn't have the option, but yes, your probably right that they

were whatever they were beforehand, just that they never tried it.

• Like 1

Sorry but i can only use the word bisexual as a ladyboy is still a man and always will be ,he may feel like a woman ,look like a woman and really want to be a woman even to having his jewels removed ,but sorry he is still a man

And I'm not disputing that. You are now however now talking about a ladyboy, I think the question was about your friend? He's not suddenly going to have a romp with a gay or bisexual guy when he gets back home. So if you insist on bisexual then my answer is 'no', your friend is not turned into something other than he was before going to Thailand.

The disagreement has been on what bisexuality is, not about what Thailand might do to people. The question 'what is bisexuality' is not on topic for the Thaivisa forum.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

1. If a guy loves to have sex with an inflatable doll that is made as a girl, I am sure he will be labelled straight. But would he be normal ?

2. If a guy loves to masturbate with that artificial female genital made of rubber that you can hold in your hands and shaft yourself with, the purists would still call him straight. But normal ?

3. Yet if a guy loves to have sex with another human male or a ladyboy he is neither straight nor normal.

4. Are the judges normal ?

Edited by HereIAm