Buy Or Build

lovelomsak

I have bought one house one time before and gave it to the lady who was with me at the time. Now I want to get a house for my present girlfriend. I was looking at building, but sure now if it isnot just as easy and affordable to buy one in a housing estate.

I would like to hear a few views on this. Is it worth my time and effort to build a house, or will I just be using up a lot of my time and energy with little saving in cost. Either way I will have little say in how it is built other than design. I amnot a builder or contractor and donot pretend to be..

Please refrain from flaming me about buying a gf a house. It just makes me feel good to do it. Usually I just buy them land, but decided to give this one a little more than just land.

I thought of buiding basically to give myself something to do,. But now wonder if it is worth it.Financially and stresswise.

So do the people here feel there is much savings having one build or is that done just to add personal touch?

Hello,First house I had built for set price which was good value but workmanship not so good,basic structure ok just a few things way out of square. 2nd home will cost a little bit more than I was quoted by a few Consultants just to run/design home. Unless you are there 24/7 I think you would need a Builder. All up it was a bit of a nightmare but a great experience. A big problem was what I wanted done wouldn,t be translated the way I spoke, as my Interpreter didn,t want to offend workers when I complained about shoddy skills, My massive roof will need to be half dismantled as they never lined up roof tiles so ridge caps dont fit,they just bogged it up with grey cement on cream tiles, didnt even clean where they over filled gaps. All thought why am I upset about it. i looked around at new homes nearby and was the same. At least It wont cost the earth to fix, hoping 100000bt and will be miles in front rather than pay for Builder at their quotes for farang. Good Luck. Coolthaihouse.com good site

If you have the expertise & wherewithall to execute it, it's much cheaper to build a simple "Thai House" (not a Falang house) in the country than to buy a 'builder house' in a moobahn. Search around this Forum for cheap house builds. But if you don't have what it takes, it may cost you more.