Phoom Allergy Clinic / Immunization

seesip

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to reply to this and say that I randomally had a life-threatening allergic reaction in Chiang Mai after living here for 1-year. After being in the ER 6 times with anaphalatic shock at various hospitals I came to this doctor since the hospital kept treating symptoms and releasing me. His english is awesome (even attended some conferences in Texas for allergys), fully understands, very kind and gentle. His staff has helped me take care of a range of issues including driving me around town to do visa and immigration paperwork. He even made a room for me at his house since I live in Chiang Mai alone and must be under 24/hour supervision until further notice. I can't say enough for what they've done and are doing for me. I can't speak for the immunization shots as I haven't gotten to the testing stage yet, but regardless I would highly reccommend this allergy doctor and his staff. They have gone above and beyond to ensure my safety and comfort.

"...His staff has helped me take care of a range of issues including driving me around town to do visa and immigration paperwork. He even made a room for me at his house since I live in Chiang Mai alone..."

blink.png

Strange [first] post. No name was mentioned in the OP. Certainly way beyond the scope of medical/professional boundaries; if true.

"...His staff has helped me take care of a range of issues including driving me around town to do visa and immigration paperwork. He even made a room for me at his house since I live in Chiang Mai alone..."

blink.png

Strange [first] post. No name was mentioned in the OP. Certainly way beyond the scope of medical/professional boundaries; if true.

Not sure what you mean, but the allergy clinic name is in the freakin' post title. The doctor is Paradorn Sulkaviset. I haven't been to the house yet as they've kept me at the clinic the past two nights (think they need to get oxygen to his house first??) with a nurse sleeping outside my door and the doctor sleeping upstairs and treating my reactions at night as they happen. My point was that they really care here and have given me some amazing help on an issue that came out of seemingly nowhere for me in a place where I've had difficulty finding answers/good english. My condition is quite uniqiue. There are no allergy dr. reccommendations on the CM dr. reccommendation thread so I thought I would voice my experience as I got the referral to this doctor from another post on Thai Visa during a google search.

Yes, a strange first post... and I'd be happy to provide my paperwork to prove. It's well beyond what should be provided, I agree, but I'm happy and thankful for the care I've received and I don't know where I would be without them or their help given my situation. I'm unfit to travel so I can't fly home and I can't be unsupervised or away from medical assistance or I risk death and the hospital bills are too expensive to stay indefinietly since I pay out of pocket. I've been to RAM, RAM allergy, McCormick, and 2 public hospitals and feel that I'm getting answers only here.

Systemic yeast infection? Can be worse at night especially if lodged in your sinuses. That's what I had.

Have never used aforementioned clinic but cured myself with help of a good friend who is both a medical doctor and practices natural medicine. She practices NEAT

Systemic yeast infection? Can be worse at night especially if lodged in your sinuses. That's what I had.

Have never used aforementioned clinic but cured myself with help of a good friend who is both a medical doctor and practices natural medicine. She practices NEAT

interesting... thanks for that, been googling it, going to run it by the dr in a bit.

Don't know what your symptoms exactly are , but I did the A&E with symptoms of anaphylaxis at least 3 times. I just gave up going after that because had whole load of medical checks which all came back fine.

Really annoying because otherwise healthy and fit.

Symptoms at night would be to wake up feeling "strange" and then after a couple of minutes really really strange. It would take about half an hour to pass.

Daytime mostly OK but sometimes short of breath and couldn't handle changes in atmosphere well ie humid to AC environment

Also couldn't do escalators!

Honestly, sound like a real hypochondriac which I;m not and feel fine now.

Don't know what your symptoms exactly are , but I did the A&E with symptoms of anaphylaxis at least 3 times. I just gave up going after that because had whole load of medical checks which all came back fine.

Really annoying because otherwise healthy and fit.

Symptoms at night would be to wake up feeling "strange" and then after a couple of minutes really really strange. It would take about half an hour to pass.

Daytime mostly OK but sometimes short of breath and couldn't handle changes in atmosphere well ie humid to AC environment

Also couldn't do escalators!

Honestly, sound like a real hypochondriac which I;m not and feel fine now.

It started with putting sunscreen with whitening on my face when I got burned at Doi Ithanon. My eyes started to swell shut the next morning and 3 days later anaphalatic shock. Was fine after 2 rounds of epiniphrine injections and IV antihistimines. Then 2-3 weeks later went into shock randomally again, then touched whitening creme by accident 2-days later (barely) and now every night since for the past week.

My symptoms are all over the map. Rapid heart rate 110 resting (although past 2 days this is more normal range), normal blood pressure mostly, wheezing, difficulty breathing (especially outside), pale/green/blue skin (although this is better since IV fluids), blackouts, vertigo, weakness, confusion, tremors, trouble walking/standing, anaphlatic shock, delayed and biphasic allergic reactions, clinical resonse to ephiphrine (now have to carry injections with me).

They've got me under 3 things bronochtitis?, ashma, and allergic reaction which i've never had problems with any of them before this started. I have random symptoms from all 3 and missing major symptoms on tests from all three. Quite strange. They are just trying to stablize me for now so we can do the allergy testing after. During the day is fine and being outside is fine my airways constrict but not to the point of shock, just more difficult and make noises breathing. Usually have reactions around 9pm to 2 am.

jenny, would be interesting to get the ingredient list (if accurate) to see what they put in the sunscreen, then search to find the possible reactions to them.

thanks everyone for the help.

Yeah I've tried google a lot... it's in Thai though and been quite difficult. Most of what I get is articles that have nothing to do with anything. We have it though for the allergy test when I get there. The only english on ingredient list is: Immediate Collagen & DNA protection, Active whitening complex.

The brand is: Nivea - Sun - whitening immediate collagen & dna protect spf50 5 in 1 non-sticky.

crazy how fast life can change!