Swedish Man Arrested For Allegedly Killing New Zealand Tourist In Pattaya

webfact

If that is the case then this murdering b*stard deserves all he gets.

As has been said, to go back with a knife to attack someone because his g/f fondled this mans dog in a bar, is brutal.

Maybe she and the Kiwi were flirting a bit or whatever but that does not in any way condone what the Swede did.

Alcohol and some people obviously do not mix and that is a sad fact of life. Yet, do not blame this on Pattaya, blame it on the Swede.

RIP to the Kiwi.

• Like 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Thai law allow bar keepers to continue to sell alcohol to customers that are Drunk?

What a stupid thing to say.

Wow is getting drunk in a bar illegal?

Huh?! That's really a stupid reply, perhaps written under the influence, because nowhere did indyuk suggest that it should be illegal to get drunk in a bar, just that - for the bartender - it should be illegal to keep serving once a person is drunk. It's illegal in several countries.

Do some people not know the difference between having a social drink and getting so drunk that you cant control your actions, possibly we need a little more education in the west with regards to social behaviour and how to behave properly in social company I think that parents have a lot to do with teaching social skills when we are young children but obviously its not done very well in Sweden

Makes a nice change from Thai bashing as usual on TV

Why does Thai law allow bar keepers to continue to sell alcohol to customers that are Drunk?

Huh?! That's really a stupid reply, perhaps written under the influence, because nowhere did indyuk suggest that it should be illegal to get drunk in a bar, just that - for the bartender - it should be illegal to keep serving once a person is drunk. It's illegal in several countries.

And rightly so. It is to protect the sot from himself. Anybody getting drunk late at night in Pattaya is just begging to become a victim of the hovering sharks.

Rest in peace.

Do some people not know the difference between having a social drink and getting so drunk that you cant control your actions, possibly we need a little more education in the west with regards to social behaviour and how to behave properly in social company I think that parents have a lot to do with teaching social skills when we are young children but obviously its not done very well in Sweden

Makes a nice change from Thai bashing as usual on TV

Is the typical murderer from your country the best indicator of how parents overall in your country raise their children with regards to alcohol and social skills?

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

You are correct harsh punishment will never wipe out crime....nothing will, but soft punishments has led to an general increase in crime throughout the world. Do gooders that believe that the criminal is the real victum have a lot to answer for.

So what studies do you base this claim on? The punishments for violent crime were much harsher one or two centuries ago, and the likelihood of dying as a victim of violent crime was also much higher in those days...

Not such a stupid thing to say. Don't know if it applies in this case, but a responsible bartender will not serve someone who is obviously over intoxicated.

In the west the bar can be held legally responsible if found to be negligent.

You are of course familiar with crime & law enforcement in Thailand? Thailand has more fundamental issues for law enforcement to address (including it's own people), than drunks in bars. In any case, love to know if such a law was enacted who would actually enforce it?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

Could it be all the whooplah around the world about doing away with the death penalty--which has not stopped crime either--may have encouraged some people to commit even more capital crimes. Try the stats on murders and other crimes in Saudi Arabia, where the punishment can be amputation or decapitation. You may be surprised to find the crimes per capita are less than some of the enlightened countries which have no death penalty. Of course, other than the dire punishment offered, Saudi jails are inhospitable at best. No one would prefer to go to a Saudi jail than stay in their mud hovel. So, it appears a death penalty and bare minimum lock-up is a better deterrent. Doing away with the death penalty and providing better accommodation in jail than in a poverty household will never be a deterrent for crime. The worst to happen to any potential criminal when caught and convicted is a good place to live with good benefits. 'Please, don't throw me in the briar patch br'er bear!'

Cretin's side note: No, I do not think all criminals are poor, but when the worst punishment is a comforatble cell with amenities such as: books, music, movies, TV, internet, recreation areas, free medical, free food, conjugal visits, etc. ad infinitim; there seems little deterrent.

Pleading guilty means a life sentence of 99 years normally reduced on either the kings birthday/anniversary each year...Sweden also has a reciprocal agreement with Thailand meaning after 6 years he will be transfered over to Swedish prison authorities..

Quoting from another murder case : Phuket expat Ronald Fanelli was sentenced to 10 years in prison for murdering bar girl Wanphen Pienjai and stuffing her body into a suitcase.

The sentence was halfed for admitting his guilt.

He's lucky he didn't get caught with a small bag of drugs or a bunch of faked credit cards - he could have been sentenced to around 30 years for that.

My god where do these morons come from? I really wish these idiots would just stay in their country. I came to Thailand to get away from these vile subhumans.

Well apparantly this one was from Sweden.

You came to this country to get away from vile subhumans?

jb1

Sorry to say,but drinking at some of the open bars late at night in Pattaya reminds me of the segment of the first Starwars movie, where the customers (creatures) come from various galaxies sitting around drinking. Quite entertaining.

Entertaining? Not always! Or you like to be entertained from live action stabbing, pool of blood and death! sad.png

Somebody knows.why the, here in a big Thaivisa thread, once called, KIWI Beefcake,

Tim -Sharky- Ward, also an active knive stabber on Pattayas walking street, had turned down (Or had to stop) his FACEBOOK account with more than 35.000 followers?

He was a thorn in the eyes of the authorities?

I would think that!

Pleading guilty means a life sentence of 99 years normally reduced on either the kings birthday/anniversary each year...Sweden also has a reciprocal agreement with Thailand meaning after 6 years he will be transfered over to Swedish prison authorities..

Quoting from another murder case : Phuket expat Ronald Fanelli was sentenced to 10 years in prison for murdering bar girl Wanphen Pienjai and stuffing her body into a suitcase.

The sentence was halfed for admitting his guilt.

He's lucky he didn't get caught with a small bag of drugs or a bunch of faked credit cards - he could have been sentenced to around 30 years for that.

In short..amounts to 20,000 lashes with a feather basically when you put everything into context..Swedish jails are basically 5* hotels...

My son lives in Thailand and use to go to bars and drink. He encountered violent behavior on several occasions from both foreigners and thais. Back in Australia it is no different. There's still bashings and stabbings on a regular basis, involving alcohol. I worried about him over there and i worried about him here in Australia too. Now that he no longer drinks or goes to bars, I feel he is quite safe in Thailand. I can actually sleep at night. RIP to the Kiwi victim. So very tragic.

• Like 1

Strange this has not been reported in the NZ press that I have found. Shame on the NZ press. Could there be more to this story? Unless the Swede was really over it drowned in alcohol, I don't know a sane person that would react this way.

I found it is quite difficult avoiding aggressive people at times in Thailand, because you do not know the guy you are saying a friendly hello to at the bar, restaurant or the club. Because they come from different cultures, it is harder to "sniff out" Jabba the Hutt, you may believe you are talking with Princess Laya, but infact you are talking with a Wookie..

yep happens way to often! One of the reasons I have never been to a Bar in Thailand let alone in Australia.

I would venture to bet that most people traveling abroad (wherever) that choose to commit crimes of whatever type in the country they are visiting, probably have a record of doing similar things in their own country. People probably do not often commit there first serious crime while on vacation just because the are drunk. Most, probably have a some sort of criminal background in their home country.

Normally, I would be the last person to suggest better tracking of humans around the world. But it sure would be nice if committing criminal acts in your own country somehow affected the individuals ability / right to travel abroad, or at least let the country the person is attempting to travel to have insight into the individuals past record, giving them the ability to refuse entry.

People that have a record of unsatisfactory behavior should remain a burdon/danger in their own country and not allowed to travel around making everyone else look bad and harming others around them when they travel.

• Like 1

Sounds like he should have killed the girlfriend.....or maybe the dog?

Perhaps you need some time in a quiet place to contemplate your statement.

Do you really think it is a responsible, rational statement?

Do you understand that when rational people read your statement, they wonder how a sane man could post such a nasty comment?

We do not kill girlfriends because they play with a dog and we do not kill dogs for fun. It is sad that I need to tell you this.

Looks like some agree, He has a popular star ? Wonder what happened to morality ?

Kiwi stabbed to death in Thailand

By Abby Gillies and Hana Garrett-Walker

PATTAYA: -- A Swedish man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing a New Zealand man to death in a bar fight in Thailand.

Robert Hollick, 43, was allegedly stabbed three times in his neck and back following the fight in Pattaya and was later pronounced dead at a hospital, Thai website The Nation reported.

A taxi driver told police a quarrel took place between Mr Hollick and Swedish man Andreas Ringvall, 40, after Ringval's girlfriend played with Hollick's pet dog inside a bar, the website reported.

The driver said Ringvall sent his girlfriend back to his room, then returned to the bar and attacked Hollick with a knife.

Ringvall and his Thai girlfriend, Dao Pholutsa, 26, were captured by local people and were handed over to police.

Ringvall has since been charged with the murder.

Full story: http://www.nzherald....jectid=10828463

-- nz herald 2012-08-21

footer_n.gif